TRADE: The Eagles Acquire CB Ronald Darby from Buffalo for WR Jordan Matthews + 2018 Third-Round Pick

Blahstoise

43 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Ok that's 4, say we split the division that's 7.

We'll have our annual overachieve game (say Seattle W),

Our we let them off the hook game (Raiders L)

And our we shouldn't have lost that game (Chargers L) 

So we're down to 3 games AZ, Panthers, Chiefs (iyam L,L,L)

8-8 :D

We can sweep at least Washington. But in any case all we have to do is win the division. I'm not saying we'll go 13-3. And you seem to agree with me here so what are we doing haha

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Ryan not Jordan.  You were ok with bringing Ryan Mathews back knowing he can't play a full season but knock Alshon cause he's been hurt. 

Yes, when the alternative is signing Blount, I'm ok running with a broken down Ryan Mathews and a crew of young RBs.  You're trying to spin me advocating for an injured player in a far different context into this conversation. It doesn't apply. 

31 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Once you can't tell the difference between Bradford and Brady, I know my debates are done. And Brady goes over the top all the time. Why would you even bring up Brady? lol 

19 TDs (and not all in the RZ, more like 12-14) from your #1 receiver is not good in 3 years. Especially, when he's about all you got. 

Again, you're not applying any context. I'm not saying Bradford is Brady, I'm saying they play the same style . And no, Brady doesn't go over the top all the time, in fact, he seldom does. He actually throws some of the fewest deep balls in the NFL, in fact, his deep ball is generally not that good compared to other QBs in terms of accuracy as well. There were a bunch of stats about this, I'll try to go back and find them.

1 total TD less than Alshon Jeffrey in his first 3 years.  ¬¬

Edit: Here you go (also, check out who they rank #1 on 16+ yards o.O) : https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-13/

And @Bednarik60, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think Blount is trash because he hit some Boise St. guy 12 years ago.  I just don't think he's a good running back and certainly not one that I'd want with a Doug Pederson offense.  He offers no threat in the passing game, horrible COD skills (which is a nightmare when you have Kelce getting pushed in your lap at the snap) and he's soft for as big as he is.

53 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Of course there's a spot for him. But he can only play the slot, has to be schemed open, and has drop issues. He's a good third WR. That's it.

EDIT: What would you say makes him a talented WR?

I just don't agree whatsoever that he has to be schemed open.  He can create separation out of the slot and clearly he has good enough football IQ to know how eat up a zone defense.  People associate being a slot with being a 3rd receiver, Julian Edelman is not a 3rd, Jordan Matthews is not a 3rd.  He's at worst a solid 2nd WR, but I still think he's got some room to polish his game.

I think what makes J-Matt a good WR is he is a smart player.  Him and Carson obviously had some good chemistry and he's someone that was almost always in the right place when needed and can play off what the defense is doing.  Contrary to popular belief, there is good value in that.  I also think he's solid after the catch.  He might not ever be a bonafide #1 in the NFL, but I feel way more secure with him on the roster than I do rolling with Torrey Smith and Nelson Agholor.    

14 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

And @Bednarik60, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think Blount is trash because he hit some Boise St. guy 12 years ago.  I just don't think he's a good running back and certainly not one that I'd want with a Doug Pederson offense.  He offers no threat in the passing game, horrible COD skills (which is a nightmare when you have Kelce getting pushed in your lap at the snap) and he's soft for as big as he is.

Is this confessing you never watched the Patriots or Blount? Cause you obviously have no clue what your are talking. Maybe your confusing his "COD" skills with his follow direction skills and doing his job the Patriot way, in the Patriot system, there is one cut and go to a spot and just go forward even if its for a yard or two, Hoodie hates RB's that dance but Blount can dance, hes just really good at following directions and knows his role and does his job.  Hes so hard to tackle, yet very nimble and quick for a big guy, but there is nothing soft about him. 

So soft right?

819507367.gif

No COD skills huh?

PopularBreakableBluetonguelizard.gif

5 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

I just don't agree whatsoever that he has to be schemed open.  He can create separation out of the slot and clearly he has good enough football IQ to know how eat up a zone defense.  People associate being a slot with being a 3rd receiver, Julian Edelman is not a 3rd, Jordan Matthews is not a 3rd.  He's at worst a solid 2nd WR, but I still think he's got some room to polish his game.

I think what makes J-Matt a good WR is he is a smart player.  Him and Carson obviously had some good chemistry and he's someone that was almost always in the right place when needed and can play off what the defense is doing.  Contrary to popular belief, there is good value in that.  I also think he's solid after the catch.  He might not ever be a bonafide #1 in the NFL, but I feel way more secure with him on the roster than I do rolling with Torrey Smith and Nelson Agholor.    

He can only create separation out of the slot. He can't do it on the outside. If he could create separation on the outside, he'd be on the outside. That's fine when you're a player with elite short area quickness and have reliable hands. Matthews doesn't. What can he polish? He's not going to get faster, his short area quickness isn't going to drastically improved. He is what he is. A good third WR.

When the best thing you can say about a WR is that he's smart, he's not a good WR. There are plenty of smart WRs in the NFL, all of the good ones bring something else to the table as well. 

36 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

And @Bednarik60, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think Blount is trash because he hit some Boise St. guy 12 years ago.  

It happened in 2009 by the way. and in 2010 i remember you pouring the hate on Blount. 

Guaranteed if we took a chance on him before Tampa did, we would of been so much better off at RB. Shady and Blount would of been sick. 

37 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Yes, when the alternative is signing Blount, I'm ok running with a broken down Ryan Mathews and a crew of young RBs.  You're trying to spin me advocating for an injured player in a far different context into this conversation. It doesn't apply. 

It doesnt apply because you say it doesn't? Ok

You can't say you want a guy that's got an injury history as long as his career has been and then tell someone you're dismissing a guy because of an injury history that's half as bad. 

But let's take out the minutiae and let me ask you this, for this year and beyond you'd rather have Ryan Mathews and Jordan Matthews over Blount and Alshon? 

47 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Again, you're not applying any context. I'm not saying Bradford is Brady, I'm saying they play the same style . And no, Brady doesn't go over the top all the time, in fact, he seldom does. He actually throws some of the fewest deep balls in the NFL, in fact, his deep ball is generally not that good compared to other QBs in terms of accuracy as well. There were a bunch of stats about this, I'll try to go back and find them.

1 total TD less than Alshon Jeffrey in his first 3 years.  ¬¬

I'd love for you to find me some obscure, biased stat that somehow makes Bradford look comparably as good as Tom freakin Brady. 

1 TD more and less games played. ¬¬

But I'm not sure you really want to try and convince anyone Matthews over Jeffery. Both of those arguments are utter ridiculous. 

Archived