TRADE: The Eagles Acquire CB Ronald Darby from Buffalo for WR Jordan Matthews + 2018 Third-Round Pick

Blahstoise

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

That tweet, lol.

Didnt Bradford set the record for completion percentage last year? And what did that get him?

Sam lives within 10 yards of the LoS. He's scared to death doing anything else. And that kind of QB is J-Matt's best friend. Matthews is a 10 yard receiver. He is good at finding soft spots in zone coverage and making baseline plays. But is a redzone dud, go figure. Buy that's it. He's solid yet unspectacular. And certainly was not going to get resigned. Matthews was a volume receiver on a plain offense with bad alternatives. 

You guys all watched the games. What did Jordan do so special? He's no where near the talent of those guys on that list. 

+1

I think Eagles fans have an attachment to Matthews, bc he was a solid WR when all we've had has been scrubs since DeSean was given the boot and Maclin wasn't re-signed.

Jordan is also a very hard worker and a likable guy which helps.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

+1

I think Eagles fans have an attachment to Matthews, bc he was a solid WR when all we've had has been scrubs since DeSean was given the boot and Maclin wasn't re-signed.

Jordan is also a very hard worker and a likable guy which helps.

agreed - people wanted anything but the poop we had and JM was slightly less poopy. 

4000 threads later Blount is still getting insulted for punching a guy who works at Home Depot and lives in a double wide trailer in Mountain Home , Idaho today. 

Meanwhile Blount has ran over-embarrassed every safety and linebacker in the league and has a 18 TD season and is a  Super Bowl Champion.

2d81ca0c3bab30ce2410eb74ff6f285f.jpg

I liked Jordan and even defended him in the thread regarding his future. Nothing personal against him.

The bottom line for me is that we either pay up for a starting corner, which teams aren't giving away easily, or waste the season watching quarterbacks have their way with the worst corners in NFL history.

Washington's QB hates the team. Half of Dallas is suspended. Giants look so deflated anymore and Eli is regressing hard.

We have a legitimate window of opportunity here to win the NFC East. Our schedule isn't menacing. This is a move for this year and I'm thankful we have a better chance at competing this year than we did a few hours ago.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

I liked Jordan and even defended him in the thread regarding his future. Nothing personal against him.

The bottom line for me is that we either pay up for a starting corner, which teams aren't giving away easily, or waste the season watching quarterbacks have their way with the worst corners in NFL history.

Washington's QB hates the team. Half of Dallas is suspended. Giants look so deflated anymore and Eli is regressing hard.

We have a legitimate window of opportunity here to win the NFC East. Our schedule isn't menacing. This is a move for this year and I'm thankful we have a better chance at competing this year than we did a few hours ago.

I agree with the NFCE being up for grabs, but I don't think our schedule is a cake. I can see every team on our schedule being a playoff team aside from SF and the Lambs. We're going to need CBs to play against the Giants, Girls and Grudens. 

We have no 2nd or 3rd round pick right now.

We have three 4th round picks. There is ours, the Vikings from the Bradford trade, and the Patriots from the Rowe trade.

If Eric Rowe plays 50% of the defensive snaps this year, then we get a 3rd rounder from New England, but for now its just a 4th rounder.

12 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Tell him to use some more logic, hes only been here for a decade. 

Everyone can use as much or as little logic as they like....debate it with facts and constructive stuff...thats all

I don't want to see anyone banned, and that goes for anyone trolling the Cowboys in the Nes thread over the Ezekiel news

Archived