TRADE: The Eagles Acquire CB Ronald Darby from Buffalo for WR Jordan Matthews + 2018 Third-Round Pick

Blahstoise

Eagles needed a corner, so in that aspect I like the trade.

I like JMatt a lot though, so it's upsetting to go. None the less if Agholor really did improve then it should be ok.

The main thing I worry about is the effect it's gpu g to have on Carson Wentz as it is no secret that they were very tight with each other 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just realized we play Buffalo Thursday. Wonder if "either" player plays in that game let alone they some how get matched up against one another?

Might be too quick of a turnaround for either player. You never know though.

The tweet about Carson driving him to the airport yesterday stinged. I hate losing Matthews, but like adding Darby I wanted us to draft him.

Agholor's success in the slot at training camp made him expendable and Hollins probably stiff armed him to Buffalo. 

Guess we'll see how this unfolds but it's clear from the interviews I've watched this wasn't a popular decesion in the locker room. Especially with your FQB. Say what you will but that can backfire if the season goes poorly. Win, no one including Wentz will care. Don't? Look out.

This wasn't a situation where he was a cancer, causing problems with the staff , locker room or threatening to hold out with players like Desean, McCoy, ect. If anything he was the polar opposite in every aspect.

I hope Darby becomes the long term answer opposite Sidney long-term because if not this was not only a waste from a player to player swap but wasting a 3rd Rd pick as well. After this trade the Eagles are without their own 2nd and 3rd in next year's draft. However I'm sure Howie's not done Wheeling and dealing.

Time will tell.

Guess we'll see how this unfolds but it's clear from the interviews I've watched this wasn't a popular decesion in the locker room. Especially with your FQB. Say what you will but that can backfire if the season goes poorly. Win, no one including Wentz will care. Don't? Look out.

This wasn't a situation where he was a cancer, causing problems with the staff , locker room or threatening to hold out with players like Desean, McCoy, ect. If anything he was the polar opposite in every aspect.

I hope Darby becomes the long term answer opposite Sidney long-term because if not this was not only a waste from a player to player swap but wasting a 3rd Rd pick as well. After this trade the Eagles are without their own 2nd and 3rd in next year's draft. However I'm sure Howie's not done Wheeling and dealing.

Time will tell.

he was a nice guy and the players liked him but we needed a corner more than Jmatt who is a limited player that will ask for too much money in 9 months. 

21 minutes ago, Phire said:

The media's blowing the player reactions out of proportion. 

Yeah I don't it's a big deal. These are grown men being overpaid to play a game. If they get their little feelers hurt over a teammate being traded then we were in for a long season anyway. 

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

he was a nice guy and the players liked him but we needed a corner more than Jmatt who is a limited player that will ask for too much money in 9 months. 

That awkward moment when ninja is the voice of reason.......

Listen Eagles got a player that'll be a #1 CB for them in exchange for a #3 WR and a 3rd Rounder that if you look at the history of 3rd Rounder you are likely to get a backup player. 

Done and done 

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Time will tell.

Holy overreaction post. The first paragraph of this post might be the most pathetic thing I've read on this site. If this season is make or break on Matthews/Darby then we have bigger issues. 

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Holy overreaction post. The first paragraph of this post might be the most pathetic thing I've read on this site. If this season is make or break on Matthews/Darby then we have bigger issues. 

Next time try comprehending the paragraph you supposedly read before attacking the post with a stupid a$$ comment. It has ZERO to do with the players and everything to do with the relationship (good, bad , "Potentially" fractured down the line) between your FQB and the supposed GM who couldn't give 2 Smitts about his opinion on the deal. Which is ironic since they supposedly wanted his input after some of his work outs pre-draft?

You are right Howie should have sat down and snuggled with the team, watched The Notebook and let them a talk about their feelings.  Then, and only then, made a trade based on everyone's feelings chart.

"Everyone check which apply"

Trading Jordan makes me feel >:(

Trading Jordan makes me feel :D

Trading Jordan makes me feel :ph34r:

"Uh oh, we had 7 angry faces. No deal!"

If these players don't understand that this is a business, we have an extremely mentally weak team. 

I expect Carson to not let this linger beyond this year. 

And if Darby is the corner we're expecting him to be, people will forget all about Matthews when we start winning games.

Next time try comprehending the paragraph you supposedly read before attacking the post with a stupid a$$ comment. It has ZERO to do with the players and everything to do with the relationship (good, bad , "Potentially" fractured down the line) between your FQB and the supposed GM who couldn't give 2 Smitts about his opinion on the deal. Which is ironic since they supposedly wanted his input after some of his work outs pre-draft?

Another pathetic post - keep it going Nabbs. If Wentz can't understand that this stuff happens then he's probably not the right choice to be our quarterback. 

You read these articles and the media is acting like Carson and others are huddled in some dark corner crying tears into their blankies. Then you watch them speak in videos and all they're saying is yeah he was a friend but it's a business and we move on. Don't let the click-bait fool you.

Archived