TRADE: The Eagles Acquire CB Ronald Darby from Buffalo for WR Jordan Matthews + 2018 Third-Round Pick

Blahstoise

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I wonder the timing with their Rams trade...

Did we get played into thinking they weren't that needy at WR and but were bare at corner, thus putting more value on Darby.

I doubt the teams were in the dark about it. But I could be wrong. The fact that Jordan could be an Eagle again next year has a lot to do with the third. Meanwhile Darby has years on his contract.

Just now, Phire said:

I doubt the teams were in the dark about it. But I could be wrong. The fact that Jordan could be an Eagle again next year has a lot to do with the third. Meanwhile Darby has years on his contract.

most likely yea....that's not how you do business typically in the NFL
People don't tend to burn bridges like that

Just now, Kiltman said:

most likely yea....that's not how you do business typically in the NFL
People don't tend to burn bridges like that

Only Chip would call another team at 3a.m. and offer Shady for Kiko Alonso straight up. 

32 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just stop.

You do realize that Matthews has out produced Jefferey the last 2 years, right?  I think Jefferey is a more talented pure receiver, but he can't stay on the field, which isn't a good longterm option. There's a good reason he had to sign a 1 year deal this off-season.

18 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Who cares? Matthews was in the last year of his deal and the Eagles gave no indication he was part of their long term plans which is smart.

Plus, if this team is going to compete for a playoff spot, then we needed to improve our secondary somehow.

We are pretty strong at WR. The same can not be said for corner where we probably have the worst group of corners in the NFL.

Currently our perception is that we're strong at WR but if god forbid Alshon gets another nagging injury we're then starting Smith and Agholor. Doesn't seem as strong.

Note: I'm not arguing the fact that we needed a CB, I'm also not arguing that Darby isn't more valuable than Matthews. My argument is that the Darby addition wasn't as big of a plus because we took a loss in the WR department.

Archived