Buccaneers a top ten offense?

DoleINGout

Buccaneers A Top Ten Offense?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Buccaneers poised to be a top ten offense this season?

• Yes, they will finish as a top ten offense in points per game.
    • No, they will not finish inside the top ten offenses in points per game.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/2018 at 06:02 AM

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I've seen a lot more good than bad in Winston to believe that this is the year he pits it all together. As for the Buccs offense being top 5, I was talking specifically passing offense.

I'm aware. I honestly don't think too highly of Winston at this point in time. The potential is certainly there, but he hasn't put it together. Nor with what I know of his... mannerisms do I expect him to reach it. I expect him to be an average NFL starter for his entire career. He won't necessarily lose you games, but he probably won't carry anyone. I will say this. He certainly has weapons around him, if he DOESN'T succeed it will be on him.

6 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Where are the Jags? 

Comfortably in the 12-18 range, depending on what metric you want to use. 

33 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Looks like somewhere between 20-32 on his rankings.

Wrong - the third group pretty clearly says “potential if things fall right”. They could all be so-so offenses as well.

Will they finally have a reliable kicker next year? I know that not having confidence in your kicker can lead to sloppy play because guys might feel as though they have to take more chances to score TDs and it can snowball in a bad way. I'd bet if they can get that squared away, that it will change the mindset of the offense somewhat and give confidence to the whole team.

I like their coach, I'm glad ownership gave him another year. They have too much talent on offense to not be in the upper half of the league in points scored. I am not sure how their OL is but the rest of the offense has talent everywhere. 

Tough division yes, but I don't completely trust Carolinas defense, nor NO's D just yet. ATL has a ton of speed on defense but I think there will be a ton of shoot outs within that division next year. So I certainly think it's probable they are top 10 in most bulk stats.  

5 hours ago, N4L said:

I am not sure how their OL is but the rest of the offense has talent everywhere. 

LT Donovan Smith is... ok at LT. He's good more often than not. But his bad has been pretty bad. BUT. He has improved steadily since his rookie year. And he's a rock. He hasn't missed a game and plays 95%+ of our snaps.

Ali Marpet played his third position in three years last year. He was a LT at Hobart, one of the better guards in the league his rookie year, and a decent center last year. Now he's back at LG, where he's played his best football. And he's a 10000000% improvement over last seasons rotation of Kevin Pamphile and Evan Smith.

Ryan Jensen is a bad dude at center. I wouldn't call him really great at anything. But he's pretty good at run blocking; especially finishing blocks. Bringing him in moved Marpet to LG. Which fixes two spots at once.

RG is our biggest question mark. Sweezy hasn't been very good. And that's only if he's healthy. Which isn't often. We've got Caleb Benenoch vying for a shot to start. The coaches are all really high on him. He was solid last year at both RG and RT. I expect him to be starting somewhere on the line either this year or next. We also drafted Alex Cappa, who is a lot like Jensen. He's gonna need time in an NFL conditioning and weightlifting program. But he's got a chance to see some playing time this year.

DeMar Dotson turned it back on last year and was one of the best RTs in the league again. Unfortunately he got hurt and missed the last quarter of the season. Which has been a problem for him the last three or four years. We've been giving last years swing tackle Leonard Wester reps in OTAs but I'd expect Benenoch to be the guy if (when, probably) Dotson gets hurt again this year. Which just leaves RG as our only real hole on the line.

No, I don't think the Buccaneers will have a top ten scoring offense.  I don't think they will for three reasons:

1. Dirk Koetter

2. Todd Monken

3. Jameis Winston

The Buccaneers look like the most improved team in the league on paper.  They have talent from stem to stern.  They've significantly improved the talent level of both their defensive line and secondary.  This should give their offense, chock full of high upside skill position players more opportunities to show what they can do.  But I don't think they have a good enough offensive coaching staff and I've also become disillusioned with Jameis Winston as a quarterback in general.  

4 minutes ago, Crickett said:

No, I don't think the Buccaneers will have a top ten scoring offense.  I don't think they will for three reasons:

1. Dirk Koetter

2. Todd Monken

3. Jameis Winston

The Buccaneers look like the most improved team in the league on paper.  They have talent from stem to stern.  They've significantly improved the talent level of both their defensive line and secondary.  This should give their offense, chock full of high upside skill position players more opportunities to show what they can do.  But I don't think they have a good enough offensive coaching staff and I've also become disillusioned with Jameis Winston as a quarterback in general.  

They were in top 10 for most offensive categories last season, apart from points. They'll move the ball, and probably give defenses nightmares. All about translating that to points. I agree re: Winston though. I really don't rate him.

39 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

LT Donovan Smith is... ok at LT. He's good more often than not. But his bad has been pretty bad. BUT. He has improved steadily since his rookie year. And he's a rock. He hasn't missed a game and plays 95%+ of our snaps.

Ali Marpet played his third position in three years last year. He was a LT at Hobart, one of the better guards in the league his rookie year, and a decent center last year. Now he's back at LG, where he's played his best football. And he's a 10000000% improvement over last seasons rotation of Kevin Pamphile and Evan Smith.

Ryan Jensen is a bad dude at center. I wouldn't call him really great at anything. But he's pretty good at run blocking; especially finishing blocks. Bringing him in moved Marpet to LG. Which fixes two spots at once.

RG is our biggest question mark. Sweezy hasn't been very good. And that's only if he's healthy. Which isn't often. We've got Caleb Benenoch vying for a shot to start. The coaches are all really high on him. He was solid last year at both RG and RT. I expect him to be starting somewhere on the line either this year or next. We also drafted Alex Cappa, who is a lot like Jensen. He's gonna need time in an NFL conditioning and weightlifting program. But he's got a chance to see some playing time this year.

DeMar Dotson turned it back on last year and was one of the best RTs in the league again. Unfortunately he got hurt and missed the last quarter of the season. Which has been a problem for him the last three or four years. We've been giving last years swing tackle Leonard Wester reps in OTAs but I'd expect Benenoch to be the guy if (when, probably) Dotson gets hurt again this year. Which just leaves RG as our only real hole on the line.

You're being modest. Marpet and Dotson are two of the most underrated players in the league. I think it took until week 8 before Dotson even gave up a QB pressure. Unreal.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You're being modest. Marpet and Dotson are two of the most underrated players in the league. I think it took until week 8 before Dotson even gave up a QB pressure. Unreal.

Dotson was great last year. But if he's only playing 12 games every season, it hurts.

Marpet should be back to being one of the better guards in the league. But going from LT, to RG, to C, to LG in back-to-back-to-back-to-back seasons can't be easy.

Its not so much that i dont think TB is talented but i just think several other teams will outscore them. Some of them had down years last year too just like TB did too.

Patriots

Eagles

Saints

Steelers

Falcons

Rams

Minnesota

Seattle

Green Bay

I'd take these 9 over TB right now fairly easily and then several others are right there in offensive purgatory like TB

Archived