Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why anyone would want to go the Knicks is beyond me. If you like being a part of the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA, losing every season then by all means. Hell Brooklyn is a better destination at this point in time than the Knicks.

Biggest market in the US, and has been without star power for a long long long time. If Irving and Leonard were to team up there, they would have a chance to make it to the finals. Thats a bigger deal than making the finals pretty much anywhere else. Irving has already shown that he wants to blaze his own legacy. Its not like the all time greats that played for the Knicks are all that great. Irving could potentially become a top 5 Knick of all time. Its perfect for him. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

Boston's B team beat the 76ers 4-1. Boston is adding Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving to the mix. 76ers traded Chandler and Bjelica for Belineli and illosova.....pretty sure Boston got better 

Sixers have quite a bit of growth potential. The "4-1" series was close in all but 1 game, it could have easily been 3-2 Philly after 5 games.

Kyrie Irving doesn't help the Celtics as much as you think. I'll give you Hayward.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sixers have quite a bit of growth potential. The "4-1" series was close in all but 1 game, it could have easily been 3-2 Philly after 5 games.

Kyrie Irving doesn't help the Celtics as much as you think. I'll give you Hayward.

With Kyrie, it's a sweep 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Boston has just as much growth potential with Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Williams. Boston is clearly the better team and would be heavy favorites. Anything can happen over the course of the season though, Simmons could take that next step where he shoots 35% from 3, and Embiid could stay healthy all year and be DPOY. But on paper, on July 5th, Celtics are hands down better

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Boston has just as much growth potential with Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Williams. Boston is clearly the better team and would be heavy favorites. Anything can happen over the course of the season though, Simmons could take that next step where he shoots 35% from 3, and Embiid could stay healthy all year and be DPOY. But on paper, on July 5th, Celtics are hands down better

I'll give you that. But it's still too early to book tickets to the finals for them at this point in time.

That aside, y'all better hope Simmons doesn't develop a jump shot, or it's GG. B| 
In truth, I'm not concerned with him shooting the 3 yet. Want him to work on his midrange game for starters.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'll give you that. But it's still too early to book tickets to the finals for them at this point in time.

That aside, y'all better hope Simmons doesn't develop a jump shot, or it's GG. B| 
In truth, I'm not concerned with him shooting the 3 yet. Want him to work on his midrange game for starters.

Ill put my money on 3 straight Golden State vs Boston finals

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Capela’s best play is to sign a 3/54 million deal with the rockets. He has no reason not to. It’s the same money as playing on the QO and then 2 years of his max.

That is actually a really good way to present it to CC. And a fair deal IMO.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:53 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Are you even reading what I'm saying? You keep moving talking about something else. 

Do I know DMC will return to form? No, I don't. But you wouldn't be paying him expecting him to return to form. You take the chance on him for 5.3 million and see if he is someone you want to invest in long term. And if he does surprise everyone and gets back close to form? Then you just got the steal of free agency. Why are you acting like the Lakers or another team would be giving him a max contract or something? It is the flawed logic of this team wanting to compete so they can't sign a guy who will miss 2-4 months. Like why the hell can't the Lakers wait until January? You just said they aren't beating Houston or GS this year so why does it matter? 

Stop making this more difficult then it really is. There was very little risk in signing Cousins to a one year deal at the mid level MLE. 

You said why wouldn't the Lakers sign DMC if they were in a win-now mode, and then you stated that the Lakers should give into the Spurs' demands.  The post that @showtime just said, the Lakers don't need to put it all on the line this year.

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Market has completely dried up for Capela. I am starting to get worried that we lose him next off season. 

Just offer that 4/80 and call it a day.  They're not going to have cap space next offseason.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You said why wouldn't the Lakers sign DMC if they were in a win-now mode, and then you stated that the Lakers should give into the Spurs' demands.  The post that @showtime just said, the Lakers don't need to put it all on the line this year.

No no no no no no no. So you clearly aren't reading right. I'm saying the Lakers AREN'T in a win-now mode as if they were, then they would trade Kawhi. They are playing the long game so why does it matter that Boogie will be out until January? Why can't they wait two or three months until he returns if they aren't going all in for this year? They are looking at 2019 and beyond, so the Lakers reason for not signing Boogie doesn't fly. 

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Just offer that 4/80 and call it a day.  They're not going to have cap space next offseason.

we wont need cap space next off season to resign him. The only problem is losing him next off season because we wont have space to replace him. 

but no way i am offering 4/80 until i am positive he wont take less, and i dont give that in the month of july 

paying him the QO can potentially save millions and millions of dollars later on because we can stay out of the tax for one more year, pushing the repeater tax down the road another 3 years and not paying the tax at all this year. 

Archived