Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yes, but he called the Warriors and he agreed to the mid-level exception with them.  According to reports, the other team he was considering was the Celtics.  I guess he called them or was going to call them next.  Why didn't he call the Orlando Magic or another bottom feeding team?  Because he probably wouldn't have the ability to not be rushed at all and he damn sure would not win.  With the Warriors he can take all the time he needs because they will still win a title even with extremely little participation from Cousins.

Warriors weren't the only team he called though. I already posted an excerpt from Lowe's article where he asked certain teams for a one year 15 million offer and other teams less money. Overall market for him was just dry. And any comparable offer to the Warriors he likely just turned down. 

10 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Revisionist history to the FULLEST. I don't remember anyone bashing the Kerr signing. They looked out with Curry, they offered him and Ellis to the Bucks. Bucks made the wrong choice. Klay and Draymond were great picks. Iggy signing was really bad and they're lucky they drafted so well or that would've handicapped them severely. KD and Boogie were gift wrapped FA signings.

Kerr signing was bashed ( I am not sure on here but national media)

They never offered Curry to the Bucks ??????. GTFOH.

They already drafted all the players before the signed Iggy .... so how are they lucky drafted well. 

And yes ... you get gift wrapped signings when you build a great foundation and organization people want to be apart of .

snd it helps that our jerseys are made out of vibranium 

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I will say this, if there’s one guy I wouldn’t want to pair Boogie with it’s Draymond Green. At minimum that’s causing one fist fight.

Most slept on post in this thread :D:D

2 minutes ago, Winnie The Bish said:

Kerr signing was bashed ( I am not sure on here but national media)

They never offered Curry to the Bucks ??????. GTFOH.

They already drafted all the players before the signed Iggy .... so how are they lucky drafted well. 

And yes ... you get gift wrapped signings when you build a great foundation and organization people want to be apart of .

snd it helps that our jerseys are made out of vibranium 

It's been widely public knowledge that they gave the Bucks the choice of either Curry or Ellis and they chose Ellis. You probably became a Warriors fan after that so I'll excuse you.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

You make it so much more aggravating lol. He’s on the MLE. If he acts out at all you just bench or cut him. Only risk is if he beats KD senseless and he’s done for the year.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Why are you going so hard on Demarcus. Like I am at work, trying not to die of laughter. 

59 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I definitely like Butler, and we may end up having to do something, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I like where Boston is at at the moment. Unless this team had a John Stockton like point guard, which we don't, how can all the scores Get Rhythm and be happy

Golden State does it fine. Butler, Irving, and Hayward can co-exist. Especially if Horford is their fourth star. Add in shooting from Tatum/Morris at the four. I would rank that team above Houston.

28 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Pelicans had multiple sign and trade talks that would've paid him 12-17M. Boogie saying he got no offers his him being a whiny baby. He salty no one offered him a full max so he went full petty and signed an MLE with the Warriors.

I don't know Cousins as a person, but seeing his character through games and through reports. This sounds really likely 

21 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

It's been widely public knowledge that they gave the Bucks the choice of either Curry or Ellis and they chose Ellis. You probably became a Warriors fan after that so I'll excuse you.

Would love a source from that because

1. It doesn’t make any sense ... we traded Monta to make room for Curry. You don’t draft a franchise guard and trade him immediately.

2. I never saw one source ever saying that so please pull that out of the archives (you can’t).

But whatever helps you sleep @ night . Some people choose their teams ... I was born into season tickets ... check the ol’ IG with Tim Hardaway holding infant Winnie The Bish.

Wakanda Warriors Forever

46 minutes ago, Winnie The Bish said:

1. It doesn’t make any sense ... we traded Monta to make room for Curry. You don’t draft a franchise guard and trade him immediately.

2. I never saw one source ever saying that so please pull that out of the archives (you can’t).

But whatever helps you sleep @ night . Some people choose their teams ... I was born into season tickets ... check the ol’ IG with Tim Hardaway holding infant Winnie The Bish.

Wakanda Warriors Forever

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-the-bucks-are-responsible-for-basically-building-the-warriors/

46 minutes ago, Winnie The Bish said:

Wakanda Warriors Forever

I can't/dont feel like finding a source about something from 5+ years ago but I 100% know for a fact that Curry was proposed as a trade option for Bogut originally. Milwaukee said no because this was when everyone thought he had bum ankles.

50 minutes ago, Winnie The Bish said:

Wakanda Warriors Forever

Guess you don't know your own team as well as you thought huh?

Do you really not remember when Curry was thought of as a possible injury liability/possible bust? Because it was widely thought that he had bad ankles and would possibly never recover. Even his own team thought so.

Archived