Survivor: WINNER ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 458

MacReady

On 6/9/2018 at 8:00 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

12745?region=US&size=952x536

It’s time for the new and improved Survivor from the new and improved Jeff.  Basically, last year was crap, and that was mostly on me.  Last year I made up the challenges within ten minutes of posting them at times.  This time I’ve been planning the challenges since Big Brother started.  Julie actually used one of my challenges, but I swear I thought of it before she posted it.  Last year, a couple challenges had really easy ways to break them.  This year, I saved questionable challenges for later, and I will be asking for advice from eliminated competitors to see if there are any such ways to break the challenge.  The game will still be fast, but I’m not going to change the rules in order to speed up the game.  I will try to handle criticism better.  This season of Survivor is gonna be good.  More diverse challenges, more twists, more fun.  

Please read all four of my posts thoroughly, especially the Game Mechanics portion.  Once we get the right number of sign-ups, this post will be edited.  

Before I explain the mechanics, Hidden Idols, challenges and more, please note: This is Survivor.  You are ENCOURAGED to look for loopholes in the game.  You are encouraged to try to outwit your opponents and outplay them.  If you see a potential loophole WITHOUT CHEATING, take advantage of it.  Some things I may say no to and overrule, but many things I will not.  Taunt your opponents during challenges.  Distract them.  Do what you can to gain the advantage.  I provided some hints last year, but nobody figured them out or took advantage of them.  Trickery could keep you safe or even win the game.  I won’t be providing hints past these four introductory posts, but there are opportunities for that kind of play in this game.  The game starts for you the second you post in the thread.  Is there an opportunity as soon as you sign up?  Perhaps.  

Keep things civil, but more important than anything else is to have fun. 

Game Mechanics:
Survivor is similar to Big Brother, but it has several significant differences.  

Reward (If Applicable).  Immunity.  Tribal Council.  Vote.  Redemption Island.  Repeat.

Tribes
In the game of Survivor, all players are separated into TRIBES.  As soon as tribes are decided, you CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH ANYONE ON A DIFFERENT TRIBE.  This game thread is considered the challenge grounds, so you can communicate with anybody in the thread.  You CANNOT PM, start a Chatty with or otherwise communicate with players who are not on your tribe in relation to the game of Survivor in any way.  Breaking this rule will result in repercussions up to and including elimination from the game.  After the game has started, you each will be tagged in a post that will outline who you can and cannot communicate with through PMs or other means about the game of Survivor.

The game is played in cycles.  Each cycle, there will be one or two challenges.  The first challenge will be a REWARD challenge (if applicable).

REWARD challenges
Reward challenges will give a slight (but potentially crucial) advantage to the winning tribe in the upcoming IMMUNITY challenge.  

IMMUNITY challenges
The immunity challenge will determine which tribe is safe from TRIBAL COUNCIL.  For deadline rules and consequences, see below.

TRIBAL COUNCIL
The tribe that loses the Immunity challenge will have to appear in Tribal Council.  Tribal Council will take place in the game thread.  I will be asking tough questions during Tribal Council.  The questions will be based solely on what I see during challenges and what is said and done in the thread.  The questions will still be tough, and they are meant to make you uncomfortable.  Contestants are strongly encouraged to answer questions that I ask and take part.  At the end of Tribal Council, the tribe will VOTE.

VOTE
Each member of the losing tribe must vote to eliminate one player from the game.   For deadline rules and consequences, see below.  The player who receives the most votes goes straight to REDEMPTION ISLAND.  

Redemption Island
Redemption Island is a player’s last chance.  The player voted out goes here, where he will fight the next player voted out to hang on for a chance to come back into the game.  Once two players are on Redemption Island, they will compete in a challenge.  The challenge will be selected by the player already on Redemption Island.  The winner remains, the loser is eliminated from the game forever.  Whoever is on Redemption Island can communicate with ANYBODY in the game through ANY means.  There is a set number of times a Redemption Islander will come back into the game, and that number is… More than one.  

Once a player is eliminated from Redemption Island, they are out of the game FOR GOOD.  The fun won’t end there though.  I may or may not hold mock challenges with eliminated players in order to test some of the challenges I’m less confident in in a mock challenge type thing.  If you get eliminated from the game and you want to be a guinea pig, please send me a PM.  

At a predetermined point in the game, Tribes will merge.  This could be as soon as the second weak, it could be as late as the Jury portion of the game.

The Jury Portion
Once there are 9 players left in the game, the Jury Portion of the game officially begins.  The jury will be the 7 players voted out of the Final Nine, and they will vote between two finalists to crown a WINNER of Survivor.

Winner
The Winner of Survivor is the player who receives the most votes to win the game.  What do they win?  Eternal glory.

A note on time expectations:
Survivor is faster by nature than Big Brother.  In Survivor, Reward Challenges run concurrently (most of the time) with voting, then it’s just Immunity Challenge, then vote.  No individual decisions to wait on.

*Reward Challenges are not guaranteed ample amount of time to complete.  They are considered a luxury, not a necessity, so they can have as little as one hour to complete (I don’t think any do have that short a time though).  This is because anybody on a tribe can complete a reward challenge for the entire tribe.  Reward challenges are not game crucial.  I added Rewards for the sole purpose of discarding less fair Immunity Challenges to provide something for players to do while we wait for the vote.  
*Immunity Challenges are typically guaranteed 24 hours to complete.  Some challenges might allow less time, but proper warning will be provided, and in these cases, not everyone will be required to submit.  
*Voting will typically have 24 hours to complete.  Depending on my schedule and weekends, voting may have more time.  

Do not abuse these deadlines due to procrastination or general smugness.  It’s not cute, it’s not endearing, it’s just rude.  By all means discuss strategy and take your time, but don’t take time for the sake of taking time.  

Punishments for missed deadlines:
If you miss the deadline to vote, you will have one penalty vote given to you the next time your tribe goes to tribal council.  If you miss a second time, you get two penalty votes.  Additionally, if you miss a deadline on a vote or a mandatory Immunity Challenge, you have one less hour than the rest of the players in the game to submit your next vote/challenge, and this one less hour will stay with you the entirety of the game.  I add an hour every time.  To avoid punishment, you are allowed to send me a big board of players on your tribe to vote out.  I will only use your Big Board to provide the vote if you are the LAST player to vote.  

The Mission Rule
If you are the last person to submit your moves AND you submit within an hour of the deadline, you lose 15 minutes from your next deadline.  Everybody gets one freebie on this rule before it starts taking effect.  This is to prevent people from abusing the deadlines.  The deadlines to submit each night will probably be 11:15 the night AFTER the vote/Challenge is announced.  That is more than enough time to submit a vote or a challenge.  People don’t want to wait for the same person every week, especially considering one or more players will sit out challenges multiple times.  They don’t want to wait for the same person time after time after time just because they think it’s funny to act like Dudley from Harry Potter.  If the deadlines that I set are in direct conflict with a valid work or life schedule (benders do not apply), I will modify the deadlines, but I feel like the deadlines will be fair and that everyone will be able to submit them well before that half hour window.  

I will be lenient when it comes to life and work.  If you have time constraints, let me know and I will work with you.   These time punishments may seem harsh, but nobody will be automatically eliminated purely due to a missed deadline punishment, so I believe that is fair.  

Challenges:

The majority of the Challenges were taken directly from a list of real Survivor challenges.  They have been modified to fit an online setting.  I also came up with several of my own ideas.  You can peruse the challenge listing if you want to find clues to the upcoming challenges list.  

http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Challenges

In Survivor, tribes are often uneven.  When a tribe is uneven, the tribe with more players has to sit players out.  I will automatically sit out the previous slowest player.  Players cannot sit out in back to back Immunity Challenges.  Tribes have the right to choose the player to sit out, but they must tell me BEFORE I announce the Reward or Immunity Challenge.  I will not provide warning to when I announce the challenge, but once the game goes through its first cycle, players will understand when the challenges will typically be announced.  It is up to the tribes.  I will not provide reminders for this.  If there is no obvious slowest player to sit out, and if the tribe does not tell me who is sitting out, I will randomize which player(s) sit out through Chatty.  

Hidden Immunity Idols
Hidden immunity idols are individual immunity idols.  They are hidden on the islands.  There will be a mixture of ways to finding the idols, and they will be in a mixture of “locations.”  You do not NEED a clue to be able to find the hidden immunity idols, but trust me when I say that it will be highly improbable to find one without a clue.  You can try, but keep in mind I WILL be replaying some of the funnier attempts at finding hidden immunity idols at the end of the game.  

The location of the hidden immunity idols are already determined.  I have already written ALL of the clues and I have already planned ALL of the locations.  There is no bias whatsoever involved in the locations of these hidden idols.  I repeat, there is ZERO BIAS behind where these idols are hidden, when they are hidden, and who gets clues to them.

Every island will have only one hidden immunity idol.  Once an idol has been used, that island will not get another idol.  All idols will be found in a chest or similarly physical representation of where they found it.  The person who finds the idol will be sent a VERY SPECIFIC image link.  This will be the ONLY accepted idol.  Any other images, or if you lose the image, the idol will not work.  Unless an image is left in the chest, anybody who finds the chest after the idol is removed will be given an image of an empty chest or otherwise informed of an empty or missing item.

The clues themselves will be hidden.  The clues could be anywhere.  They are NOT tied to reward challenges or challenge performance.  Sometimes there are no clues at all.  WHEN and WHERE the clues are has also been pre-determined.  There IS a roleplaying element to the hidden immunity idols.  Hidden immunity idols and hidden immunity idol clues should be treated as if they are physical things.  Hidden immunity idol clues are attached to a scroll.  If somebody has the scroll, you cannot get the hint because it has already been taken.  

You CAN share your hidden immunity idol with any player you are currently in the same tribe as.  You CANNOT share the idol with anyone not in your tribe.  You can use the idol on anyone at any tribal council you are a part of.  You can lie about the idol.  You can save your idol up to the final 5.  Once there are only five players left in the game, all hidden immunity idols are forfeit.  

I will not be lenient on the location.  It must be PRECISE.  

If you have an immunity idol, you MUST tell me you plan on using it before I read the first vote.  I will read votes once I have received all votes.  I will remind you frequently how many players are left to vote.  In order to use your Idol, you must provide the associated image of the idol that I have provided.  If you use the right image, it will work.  If you use the wrong image, or if you lost the image, it will not work.  

One final note: The time and placement of idols is predetermined, so that means that if you guess somewhere and it isn’t there, that location MIGHT come up again once an idol goes back into circulation.

Examples from last year:
1. One hidden immunity idol was at the bottom of the water hole.  Several players were privy to the hint, and one said he checked every body of water.  He said body of water, so that meant lakes, the ocean, etc.  It did not work.  One person literally said they checked the lid to the water hole.  They found nothing because the idol was at the BOTTOM of the water hole.  

2. Another idol was the link to the FootballsFuture homepage.  There was a direct link to it in an image on the upper left side of the screen, so I said the idol was on the North West side of the island or something like that.  Somebody asked if it was the FF website.  I needed the direct link to the homepage.  

3. One idol was hidden in really tiny print in one of my posts.  

I will NOT provide ANY hints through PMs unless you find a scroll with a hint to the idol on it of course.  If you are close, for example, I won’t tell you.  Be thorough.  Be detailed.  Be exhaustive.  If the clue provides any kind of reason to expect you need to be specific, you’ll have to be specific, etc.  I might not always respond to PMs asking about idols.  If I read it and I don’t respond, it means you did not find it.  

Idols CANNOT be shared between tribes.  They can be shared only with the player who has the idol and a player on the same tribe.  UNLESS you publicly state IN THREAD that you are giving an idol, complete with the image, to a player on a different tribe.  

No one player will be given a hint or clue for a reward in challenges unless specifically stated.  The clues are available to all who seek them, as are the idols.  

Confessionals:
In Survivor, DR sessions are called Confessionals.  Remember to send Jeff your Confessionals from time to time.  I’m sure Julie can attest that it’s much more fun for the host when the host knows what the players are thinking.  Also, it’s fun to reflect on strategies and opinions, back stabbings and more at the end of the game.  Last year I got less than a dozen confessionals.  I chose not to replay them because the game got to be not so fun.  That was mostly my fault, but this year I will be replaying the Confessionals, so keep them coming. 

Can you explain this game to me?

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Can you explain this game to me?

Yes.  First rule is don't quote massive posts. 
Other than that first rule...

28 players will play.  Those 28 players will be split up into tribes.  Each cycle, tribes will compete in one or two challenges.  A reward challenge gives a small advantage in the Immunity Challenge.  Tribes play the Immunity Challenge to be safe for the cycle.  The losing tribe has to vote one of their players out of the game.  The player voted out of the game goes to Redemption Island, where he and the next player voted out hold a mini challenge to stay in the game.  At certain points, the player left standing on Redemption Island comes back into the game.  This continues until there is only one tribe left.  Once there is only one tribe left, players play for individual immunity.  The winner is safe from the vote.  The player voted out at this point is out forever.  This continues until only two players remain.  At that point, the previous 7 players vote for a winner of Survivor. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yes.  First rule is don't quote massive posts. 
Other than that first rule...

28 players will play.  Those 28 players will be split up into tribes.  Each cycle, tribes will compete in one or two challenges.  A reward challenge gives a small advantage in the Immunity Challenge.  Tribes play the Immunity Challenge to be safe for the cycle.  The losing tribe has to vote one of their players out of the game.  The player voted out of the game goes to Redemption Island, where he and the next player voted out hold a mini challenge to stay in the game.  At certain points, the player left standing on Redemption Island comes back into the game.  This continues until there is only one tribe left.  Once there is only one tribe left, players play for individual immunity.  The winner is safe from the vote.  The player voted out at this point is out forever.  This continues until only two players remain.  At that point, the previous 7 players vote for a winner of Survivor. 

I just givin you hell, it was a good long read , didn’t see too many grammar mistakes.

I just givin you hell, it was a good long read , didn’t see too many grammar mistakes.

Because there weren't none. 

You could tag him and ask?

Production advised against that. 

• Like 1