2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

50 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Wanted to post these.  Make of them what you want.

No surprise on the Allen pressures. That offensive line is baaaad.

Washington State is dead-last in the country in sacks allowed despite Falk rarely being pressured. I know they throw the ball more than anybody else, but Rosen has taken half as many sacks despite being pressured more and within 100 pass attempts of Wazzu in total. 

Anybody take a look at the small-school QBs? I went back and watched the Sam Houston State-James Madison playoff game from last year to look more at Jeremiah Briscoe (mainly him against a quality opponent). Briscoe got little help and while he does have a natural arm that you can see in other games, he was certainly off in this contest and started 3-for-17 for 18 yards and 0-for-5 on 3rd downs. Ouch.

However, Bryan Schor, we need to mention this kid. What he was showing forced me to go look at him against North Dakota State in the next round and he is just fun to watch. The guy doesn't have a great arm by any means, but he made some great plays and completely chaotic situations. Both games I saw him drop a snap in shotgun, pick the ball up, and stay calm and composed to either scramble (on a 4th down attempt and nearly get it) or throw the ball up and give his receiver a chance in a 1-on-1 in the endzone. 

Schor is a cool customer. Guy has smooth feet in the pocket, a good feel for pressure, and can scramble a little. I think his physical tools are below average, but he has a knack for flashy, big plays and making the most out of chaos. A lot of quarterbacks will fold when bodies are flying around and Schor seems to consistently find a way to take advantage of it for his team. Pending on how he does in the process, I think he is worth taking a shot on in the 7th. Again, you're strictly taking this kid to be a backup, but having guys like this on the roster who get the most out of their talents and have done nothing but win aren't bad to have that late in the draft.

Also, the Dukes have some other decent talent. Raven Greene and Aaron Stinnie might get shots to join camps, but I think Cardon Johnson could be a solid change of pace guy if he could ever stay healthy (6.18 YPC last year as the backup, 265 Yards on 17 Carries vs. East Carolina this year but has only played in three games due to injury). Jimmy Moreland excited me the most as a future prospect. Kid has an interesting past - 12 game starter as a freshman, transferred to JUCO after getting kicked off the team, came back to JMU - but is a solid talent that looks explosive and smooth in his lower body. Be interesting to see if he stays for his senior season given his past.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Anyone buying Grier? I'm not, but starting to see some love going around

I haven't watched WVU. When he was at Florida, he looked like a kid who could develop into something. He's a good athlete with a strong arm and solid size. Problems for him back then were consistency and feeling pressure. I don't know how far he has come at WVU.

3 minutes ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

Allen having one of his better games thus far. Completion % still sub-optimal but everything else on point.

He's making some wow throws, some off throws, and some that his receivers don't help him at all on.  Like usual.  But the "wow" throws are elite quality throws.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I haven't watched WVU. When he was at Florida, he looked like a kid who could develop into something. He's a good athlete with a strong arm and solid size. Problems for him back then were consistency and feeling pressure. I don't know how far he has come at WVU.

He has some crazy happy feet to me. Definitely not the most patient of guys, and I think overall his footwork is a bit of a mess. I also don't like that he seems to be naturally inaccurate. I see a lot of throws sailed a little bit high...they're still catchable, but I don't feel like the ball placement is the greatest at all. 

Just now, Forge said:

He has some crazy happy feet to me. Definitely not the most patient of guys, and I think overall his footwork is a bit of a mess. I also don't like that he seems to be naturally inaccurate. I see a lot of throws sailed a little bit high...they're still catchable, but I don't feel like the ball placement is the greatest at all. 

His placement and feet at FL were the exact issues that caused his inconsistencies.

13 minutes ago, Groink said:

He's making some wow throws, some off throws, and some that his receivers don't help him at all on.  Like usual.  But the "wow" throws are elite quality throws.

This is the thing that enamored me to him so much last year. I mean, when he has those throws they are really something to behold. Last year, he just had them far more often. 

On 10/25/2017 at 7:00 PM, CWood21 said:

You nailed the head on this one.  Easily one of the most difficult evaluations I've made.  Your head says no, but your heart says yes.

Boy, you hit that right on the head. Love him as a leader, but we will have to see about the rest???

4 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

What are people's thoughts on Ryan Finley?

Very efficient, doesn't turn the ball over, goes through his progressions well, accurate.  I'm not buying into the hype, but he's rising up boards and is solid.

I was interested in Virginia's Kurt Benkert as an underrated riser over Finley.  He's dropped a couple clunkers the past two weeks though.  He doesn't have much skill-player talent around him though.  Something to keep an eye on.

Archived