3. James Conner - NFL comp: poor man's Jim Brown
  4. Rashaad Penny - NFL comp: Curtis Martin
  5. Joe Mixon - NFL comp: Corey Dillon
  6. Ronald Jones II - NFL comp: Jamaal Charles
  7. John Kelly - NFL comp: Priest Holmes
  8. Mark Walton
  9. Christian McCaffrey
  10. Sony Michel

I still don't see how Rashaad Penny is like Curtis Martin.

Curtis Martin had elite vision, elite phone booth running, and was just solid overall as an athlete. Did not have any physical traits that stood out, but had a great mentality and knew how to play the game in traffic.

Rashaad Penny has great speed and size, but doesn't know how to use it. He isn't very physical and doesn't have good vision. He's more of an all-or-nothing runner to me whereas Martin was patient and ran angry when he made his decision. Plus the elite vision.

I see zero similarities between the two to be honest.

And comparing James Conner to Jim Brown is insanity. And I was one of Conner's biggest fans last season. Love his game, but Jim Brown was....well...Jim Brown. Maybe a homeless man's Jim Brown's cousin or something.

Not having Leonard Fournette up on that list is funny. You think John Kelly, Mark Walton, Christian McCaffrey, and Sony Michel are all going to be better than Fournette?

Nuoh my god - Nuoh my god  OMG Randy Marsh

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I still don't see how Rashaad Penny is like Curtis Martin.

Curtis Martin had elite vision, elite phone booth running, and was just solid overall as an athlete. Did not have any physical traits that stood out, but had a great mentality and knew how to play the game in traffic.

Rashaad Penny has great speed and size, but doesn't know how to use it. He isn't very physical and doesn't have good vision. He's more of an all-or-nothing runner to me whereas Martin was patient and ran angry when he made his decision. Plus the elite vision.

I see zero similarities between the two to be honest.

And comparing James Conner to Jim Brown is insanity. And I was one of Conner's biggest fans last season. Love his game, but Jim Brown was....well...Jim Brown. Maybe a homeless man's Jim Brown's cousin or something.

Not having Leonard Fournette up on that list is funny. You think John Kelly, Mark Walton, Christian McCaffrey, and Sony Michel are all going to be better than Fournette?

I've made my feelings on how overrated Leonard Fournette is very clear.  3.9 YPC doesn't impress me.   I don't even consider him to be that good of a player.   So him not getting into the top 10 of the last 2 RBs classes (which are arguably two of the best of all-time) is not a big deal to me.

The main reason I compared James Conner to Jim Brown is because their running styles look eerily similar.  It stuck out to me after I watched some Jim Brown highlights the other day.  Obviously if I thought he was close to that level of player he would be a lot higher.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the Rashaad Penny/Curtis Martin comp because it looks pretty obvious to me when I watch their running styles and physical attributes. 

10 minutes ago, Silver_Lining said:

Can anyone tell me about Jordan Wilkins from Ole Miss? I haven't heard much on him. He had over 1000 yards rushing in 2017.

I'm not trying to ride the hype train but from what I have read he's a leveon bell like runner. Patient, has wiggle, agile, swift hips, great vision. When your biggest knock is you're too patient I'll take a chance all day. Good find.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm not trying to ride the hype train but from what I have read he's a leveon bell like runner. Patient, has wiggle, agile, swift hips, great vision. When your biggest knock is you're too patient I'll take a chance all day. Good find.

I have a feeling he'll improve his stock through the combine but I have no idea where to rate him overall.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Do you have any sources for his reports?

On 2/17/2018 at 11:50 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

He can get to the paint, I think his 40 will be 4.37 - 4 39 personally. But I predict that, his 40 won't be his most impressive combine feat, it will be his broad jump, vert, shuttle all of the drills that show off his tremendous lower body explosion.

He's also been filmed doing 30 reps of 225. That's pretty damn impressive for a RB that isn't just a tank.

Side note, I had Dalvin Cook > CMC

11 hours ago, VanS said:

I've made my feelings on how overrated Leonard Fournette is very clear.  3.9 YPC doesn't impress me.   I don't even consider him to be that good of a player.   So him not getting into the top 10 of the last 2 RBs classes (which are arguably two of the best of all-time) is not a big deal to me.

The main reason I compared James Conner to Jim Brown is because their running styles look eerily similar.  It stuck out to me after I watched some Jim Brown highlights the other day.  Obviously if I thought he was close to that level of player he would be a lot higher.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the Rashaad Penny/Curtis Martin comp because it looks pretty obvious to me when I watch their running styles and physical attributes. 

To be fair, Jacksonville's O-Line leaves much to be desired, but his YPC is very much inflated by a few homeruns.

In weeks 5 and 6 he had a run of 90 yards, and another of 75. Rule of thumb to find the true YPC average is to remove the homeruns and equally as many of his most negative plays. Get rid of those and spot him something like 10 yards back for big losses and his YPC is more close to 3.3. That said he is a Rookie and yes the Offensive Line. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses. 

I watched quite a bit of Barkley, his biggest flaw is his refusal to cut upfield sometimes. So perhaps you could call it his vision but there are other times where he is able to make some ridiculous moves due to his stubbornness to make a big play.

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

I watched quite a bit of Barkley, his biggest flaw is his refusal to cut upfield sometimes. So perhaps you could call it his vision but there are other times where he is able to make some ridiculous moves due to his stubbornness to make a big play.

They use to say the same thing about Barry Sanders back in the day.

Even the greats have their flaws.

Archived