Putting the Training (Camp) Wheels On!

swede700

6 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

If I were a coach, I'd feel more comfortable if everyone was in a hotel.

Less chance of something happening i.e. a player being pulled over for speeding because he woke up 30 minutes late.

No one gonna pull a Koren Robinson. 

13 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

You cut him. Pretty easy decision. 

I wouldn’t call it an easy decision.  It’s not like we are really deep at returner.  I could see Hughes at KR and Sherels at PR or something.  Sherels is still an extremely valuable special teams player.  I could see him staying on the roster at least until after Brothers is back from his suspension.

3 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

I wouldn’t call it an easy decision.  It’s not like we are really deep at returner.  I could see Hughes at KR and Sherels at PR or something.  Sherels is still an extremely valuable special teams player.  I could see him staying on the roster at least until after Brothers is back from his suspension.

Sherells has been a great returner, a cool story (local kid that played at the U), and a class act on and off the field. I think it's time to move on. There are multiple backs, receivers, and dbs on the roster that are more valuable contributors at their position that have return and/or coverage experience and ability. Of course the 1st time the new punt returner fumbles I'll have to eat those words!

36 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

aren't we at all concerned about Hughes being the punt returner AND a starter on defense at the same time?

because let's face it, he'll see return action because our D is going to force punts, it's what they do.

I'm not concerned about that at all. D. Sanders, P. Peterson, and others have or still play db and returned punts, not to mention Antonio Brown on the other side of the ball. Let's hope that Hughes plays a high percentage of the defensive snaps, but odds are he won't be starting early in his career. If he does start at db, the depth at corner is amazing. 

While the Minnesota Vikings are no longer holding training camp in Mankato, we at 1500ESPN will carry on the age-old tradition of naming a “Mr. Mankato.” The award goes to the player who is either drafted in the third round or later or goes undrafted and has the most outstanding performance during training camp. 

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/07/official-2018-mr-mankato-odds/

Archived