Bloodshed Mafia CIVS WIN!!!

Slappy Mc

Barring an incredible string of stupid lynches, once @PuntMyLumps resurrected @Ragnarok, town couldn't lose. Town wasn't going to lynch Ragnarok and mafia couldn't hit him without dying.

Glad we could wrap this up quickly.

I feel for you @Slappy Mc losing the distraught mother up front. That would have been much more entertaining. That edit completely changed your game layout. Still, well done, sir! :)

Just now, PuntMyLumps said:

2.  Now that we are outside the game and people aren't trying to figure out if I'm mafia:  I really think the culture surrounding role claiming is in a weird place.  In "mafia" games outside of these forums claiming roles is a far more important game mechanic than picking apart posts and play styles.  In my opinion, if the game is set up in a way that can be exploited to find mafia then that's how it should be played.  It's on the hosts to design around that.  One thing that i think every game should feature is openly sharing the normal civ PM.  I know Slappy wanted to give everybody a little bonus which made that hard, but a mafioso should always be able to claim normal civ without giving themselves away.

The main argument why not to announce: makes it easier for the mafia to take out the power roles for town. In games where every person is a special, then it can make a bit of sense since it may not be the "oh hey we need to take out the investigator immediately!" reaction. But in this game, where more than half of town were normal (with a small benefit if they were the last regular standing), it doesn't help.

Just now, PuntMyLumps said:

3. I really like this crowd.  THere's a great balance of play styles and personalities.  I probably won't play much when school starts up but I got a few more in me before that

Again, I want to apologize to the crowd for my lack of interest/involvement. As I said, work ramped up right after I joined up and then my grandmother died. I didn't want to use that as a crutch/excuse, but I didn't realize how much it would affect me and my game play. Sorry all.

I'm probably going to skip the next couple of games until things calm down/become "normal" again (vacation at the end of July/early August will take me out of pocket after things get smoothed out). Unfortunately, PML, that probably won't be until you go back to school. :( 

10 minutes ago, PuntMyLumps said:

Great game everybody!  I had a ton of fun.  Hopefully the PM fiasco didn't frustrate the mafia too much.  A few thoughts:

1.  Slappy was a great host.  Regular vote counts, timely night time write ups, great communication.  The only problem I saw was getting a little too involved during the PM fiasco  which helped confirm that the mafia didn't know about the "code" LTBF was exploiting.  It was a really tough spot though and I don't know what he should have done differently

2.  Now that we are outside the game and people aren't trying to figure out if I'm mafia:  I really think the culture surrounding role claiming is in a weird place.  In "mafia" games outside of these forums claiming roles is a far more important game mechanic than picking apart posts and play styles.  In my opinion, if the game is set up in a way that can be exploited to find mafia then that's how it should be played.  It's on the hosts to design around that.  One thing that i think every game should feature is openly sharing the normal civ PM.  I know Slappy wanted to give everybody a little bonus which made that hard, but a mafioso should always be able to claim normal civ without giving themselves away.

3. I really like this crowd.  THere's a great balance of play styles and personalities.  I probably won't play much when school starts up but I got a few more in me before that

FWIW I felt you were civ petty early. Malf was lynched early, he’s usually the one I try to bounce off from to see how people react. 

12 minutes ago, MathMan said:

so mafia, why would you hit dome?

his soft claim was fairly obvious

I honestly missed the Vet part of his claim.  Somebody certainly had it out to get rid of Rag

He essentially claimed his same role from last game where he was granny Anna Belle

Great game everybody!  I had a ton of fun.  Hopefully the PM fiasco didn't frustrate the mafia too much.  A few thoughts:

1.  Slappy was a great host.  Regular vote counts, timely night time write ups, great communication.  The only problem I saw was getting a little too involved during the PM fiasco  which helped confirm that the mafia didn't know about the "code" LTBF was exploiting.  It was a really tough spot though and I don't know what he should have done differently

I got of lots of thoughts on this that I will post tonight. Mafia probably complained and imo that had no standing in this game. Even though it was an open format the host gave them the perfect opening to build cover roles...heck for all of them. 

As a side note...Let's go back to not open formats

1 minute ago, LetTheBallFly said:

I got of lots of thoughts on this that I will post tonight. Mafia probably complained and imo that had no standing in this game. Even though it was an open format the host gave them the perfect opening to build cover roles...heck for all of them. 

I like open formats mixed in. It gives a good variety.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

The main argument why not to announce: makes it easier for the mafia to take out the power roles for town. In games where every person is a special, then it can make a bit of sense since it may not be the "oh hey we need to take out the investigator immediately!" reaction. But in this game, where more than half of town were normal (with a small benefit if they were the last regular standing), it doesn't help.

There's absolutely a balance.  I think I was calling for mass claiming day 2 (maybe 3) so it's not like I thought the resistance was irrational.  I just think there's a tipping point where it's a good move for the civs to get some cleared players, and this game that came pretty early.  I think what I'm more critical of is the idea that claiming is ruining the integrity of the game, like it's cheating to get an easy win.  There's definitely times a host puts together a really fun concept that can be completely ruined if everybody got together and claimed their role day 1.  The problem with making it the players responsibility not to claim is that the line between soft claiming and hard claiming is really blurry, and people will bend whatever limits you put on them if the situation calls for it.

13 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

We complained, but once we saw the PM and your riddle, we withdrew it. It was a shrewed play, I'll give you that. Granted, I do think that the standard civ PM should be open knowledge, but I understand why @Slappy Mc didn't share it - he doesn't want mafia to know that Civs could get single shot powers.

My only complaint is that it seems like everything is my "scum" game. 

I talk a lot: It's my scum game.

I don't talk: It's my scum game.

I kinda talk: It's my scum game.

I seriously think I need a burner account strictly for mafia. ***If it wasn't against forum rules, I'd probably set one up.

*** It IS against forum rules. You WILL be permabanned. Do not get any ideas, @LetTheBallFly.

Day 1 Actions... FreakyGeniusKid kills off AGSM... Le Sigh

Night 1 Actions:

Lynch Mathman

Theuntouchable – Angel - Protect himself. Thursday 328 pm

James – Watcher – Watch Ragnarok Saturday 11:07 am

Darth – Normal Henchman – Executing Faction hit on Ragnarok Saturday 1:47 pm

Bucsfan – Role Blocker – Role Block KingSeanJohn Saturday 3:32 pm

Squire – Watcher – Watch PML Saturday 4:12 pm

Gopher – Silencer - Silence Bucs Saturday 4:15 pm

OleXmad – Implicator – Implicated BCB to visit Bucs Saturday 4:21 pm

Stallyns – Sheriff – Jail Gopher Saturday 5:08 pm

Night 2 Actions: