Football's Future Top 100 -- Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers Special

Danger

Who's #1?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. QBs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/28/2018 at 07:32 PM

6 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Well, I'm basing it off of overall resume as well 2018. I'll go with the guy who has consistently won for nearly 20 years and the reigning MVP.

Rodgers is 2nd, but there's a significant gap between the two. Saying otherwise is blatantly ignoring actual results for perceived ability.

What actual result? Efficiency stats put Rodgers as the greatest QB of all time. It's the wins and championships that put Brady in the conversation. Stats favor Aaron, talent by far favors Aaron and the only thing Tom has a clear advantage in is career success in the most team oriented game of the major sports. 

6 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

On my all time list, Tom Brady is right there at the top.. Projecting to the future, and for the purposes of this list, this is easily Rodgers in my opinion. Saying there is a significant gap between them is laughable, unless you really are weighing past performance way more than you should for a top 100 list.

Yeah even as a Bears fan, who loathes A-Rod I can't picture anyone who watched NFL feeling like there is a significant gap. I've always felt they are 1A & 1B. A-Rod being more talented, Brady being more of an executioner. And I'm going on Eye test, regardless of teammates. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

What actual result? Efficiency stats put Rodgers as the greatest QB of all time. It's the wins and championships that put Brady in the conversation. Stats favor Aaron, talent by far favors Aaron and the only thing Tom has a clear advantage in is career success in the most team oriented game of the major sports. 

Over the last 3 years, Brady is better in every efficiency stat except for TD%, where Rodgers has a very slight lead (6.1% to 5.9%.) Brady has a 2.4% lead in completion, .5% lead in INT%, .9 in YPA, 1.7% lower sack rate, 1.5 in TD/INT ratio, 6.6 in QB rating. Rodgers may have had the more efficient career, but that has not been the case in recent years.

I'm really not normally one to argue for Brady. In anything. But I genuinely don't understand what anyone has seen in recent years to not have Brady #1 right now. Brady has been outperforming him on all marks for 3 years. Bulk, efficiency, awards, team success. I like Aaron Rodgers a heck of a lot more, but Brady has just been better lately.

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

No. Brady got more MVP votes. Rodgers finished strong but he sucked bad for a significant portion of the year. Brady overall had a better year even with the suspension. If Cam and Ryan didn’t have peak breakout years back to back, Brady most likely wins 3 consecutive MVP’s 

18 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Brady was better in YPG, YPA, YPC, completion %, INT%, QB rating, wins (despite fewer games), and sack rate. Throw in QBR and PFF grade if you're the weird kind of person that cares about that. All Rodgers did better in was TDs/game and TD% (by .1%.) If Rodgers looks better that year it's just because he played all of it.

Archived