Football's Future Top 100 -- Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers Special

Danger

Who's #1?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. QBs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/28/2018 at 07:32 PM

Due to my not adequately explaining how the votes from the Normal poll are tallied and what not:

Voters can select three players on their ballot. A first place vote allots 3 points to the player selected, second place gets 2 points and third place gets 1 point.

For #1/#2 we'll have a special vote that will last for 24 hours. 

@chisoxguy7 @Reginaldm9 @flyingmonkey30 @EliteTexan80 @RandyMossIsBoss @renndawg37 @tribar @48 1/2ers @SmittyBacall @1234567 @Yin-Yang @///mcompact @blkwdw13 @rob_shadows @JBURGE25 @packerrfan74 @tom cody @WizardHawk @goldfishwars @Kiwibrown @e16bball @Texas_OutLaw7 @MikeT14 @BlondeonBlonde @jfinley88 @sammymvpknight @Packerraymond @EL Guapo @TheGreatZepp @skywlker32 @BroncoBruin @RaidersAreOne @Non-Issue @Jags @PatriotsWin! @Jakuvious @DaBoys @HTTRG3Dynasty @bkobow05 @JaguarCrazy2832 @Spartacus @Gore Whore 21 @StevenK @wcblack34

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

How is this not a runaway vote for Brady?

Because Aaron Rodgers is a better QB? This isn't about resume, this is about play on the field for 2018 for me. There still isn't a more physically talented QB in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Check the post count of the Packers forum. That and Brady is part of the evil empire. Haters man.

I'm counting 3 votes from Packers fans for Rodgers... take those out it's still 6 to 7.

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

Because Aaron Rodgers is a better QB? This isn't about resume, this is about play on the field for 2018 for me. There still isn't a more physically talented QB in the NFL. 

Well, I'm basing it off of overall resume as well 2018. I'll go with the guy who has consistently won for nearly 20 years and the reigning MVP.

Rodgers is 2nd, but there's a significant gap between the two. Saying otherwise is blatantly ignoring actual results for perceived ability.

9 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Well, I'm basing it off of overall resume as well 2018. I'll go with the guy who has consistently won for nearly 20 years and the reigning MVP.

Rodgers is 2nd, but there's a significant gap between the two. Saying otherwise is blatantly ignoring actual results for perceived ability.

On my all time list, Tom Brady is right there at the top.. Projecting to the future, and for the purposes of this list, this is easily Rodgers in my opinion. Saying there is a significant gap between them is laughable, unless you really are weighing past performance way more than you should for a top 100 list.

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

On my all time list, Tom Brady is right there at the top.. Projecting to the future, and for the purposes of this list, this is easily Rodgers in my opinion. Saying there is a significant gap between them is laughable, unless you really are weighing past performance way more than you should for a top 100 list.

It's not top 100 players you'd take going forward though. Brady has outperformed Rodgers for 3 straight seasons now. Sure, Brady will decline eventually, but that hasn't started yet, so right now there's really no reason to take Rodgers over him without going way back to the past, or by greatly overvaluing ability compared to actual results. And it's not like Rodgers is some young developing player either. There's no real need to project to the future with this comparison. We know who each player is now. We just saw it last year.

Also, this gets a little into semantics, but it is a little off to say that saying there's a significant gap is laughable, while you're saying in the same post that it's easily Rodgers.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It's not top 100 players you'd take going forward though. Brady has outperformed Rodgers for 3 straight seasons now. Sure, Brady will decline eventually, but that hasn't started yet, so right now there's really no reason to take Rodgers over him without going way back to the past, or by greatly overvaluing ability compared to actual results. And it's not like Rodgers is some young developing player either. There's no real need to project to the future with this comparison. We know who each player is now. We just saw it last year.

Also, this gets a little into semantics, but it is a little off to say that saying there's a significant gap is laughable, while you're saying in the same post that it's easily Rodgers.

According to Danger we are using whatever criteria we see fit. If you feel comfortable saying TB outperformed Rodgers last season than I have no issue saying Rodgers outperformed Brady in 2016. 

In regards to ability vs. results, there are a select number of guys in the league who, IMO, get a benefit of the doubt one way or another. Whether it be because of injury or past sustained performance. Pretty confident that no one would bat an eye at JJ Watt making the top 20, despite not playing in two years. He has proven that he is physically one of the greatest at his position, of all time. The same can be said for Rodgers.

We did see it last year, Rodgers was dominating with 13tds/3ints and 1,300 yards through 5 games with 1 loss. Rodgers is the best in the league, now, still. Brady can go sit on his GOAT throne in the #2 spot. 

Archived