LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

Windhorst said LeBron is prefers to stay in Cleveland and is probably looking for any reason to stay. That was kind of my feeling the last few days. But Cleveland better make a move soon. The squad they have right now may not make it to the Conference finals, let alone win it all. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

SAS said CP3 has started telling people LeBron isn't trying to come to the Rockets as he has his eyes set on LA. 

LeBron was the longest of long shots to begin with.  It's essentially been the Lakers or Cavaliers with the Sixers being a distant 3rd.  If the Sixers are throwing max money out, they should be targeting Paul George.

12 minutes ago, Raves said:

Exactly.  The 76ers should toss a max contract at PG then look to trade #10, Fultz, and Covington/Saric for Leonard.  Give them a line-up of Simmons/PG/Leonard/Embiid + whatever else they bring in.

It'll be tough to pry PG13 away from the Lakers assuming LeBron is coming to the Lakers.  But that's where their focus should be.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It'll be tough to pry PG13 away from the Lakers assuming LeBron is coming to the Lakers.  But that's where their focus should be.

It really depends on how the salaries work.  If Philly can get Leonard before FA and still have cap space to sign PG for max, I think PG might realize that playing with Simmons/Leonard/Embiid would be their best chance at winning a title even compared to whatever line-up the Lakers might be able to put together even if it was LeBron + PG on the Lakers.  Though if he just wants the lifestyle, then there is no way Philly gets PG, but I think Simmons/Leonard/Embiid would give him pause.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

It really depends on how the salaries work.  If Philly can get Leonard before FA and still have cap space to sign PG for max, I think PG might realize that playing with Simmons/Leonard/Embiid would be their best chance at winning a title even compared to whatever line-up the Lakers might be able to put together even if it was LeBron + PG on the Lakers.  Though if he just wants the lifestyle, then there is no way Philly gets PG, but I think Simmons/Leonard/Embiid would give him pause.

I mean, a LBJ/Kawhi/PG13 trio is probably the best trio outside of Golden State's trio.  So far, the only thing we've heard about PG13 is his desire to play in Los Angeles.  It's a longshot, but it's a better chance of happening than LeBron.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, a LBJ/Kawhi/PG13 trio is probably the best trio outside of Golden State's trio.  So far, the only thing we've heard about PG13 is his desire to play in Los Angeles.  It's a longshot, but it's a better chance of happening than LeBron.

I just don't see the Lakers having the assets that Pop would want, since Lonzo is off the table apparently,  to be able to trade for Kawhi not to mention they would be lacking a bit even then after signing LBJ+PG to max contracts then trading what Pop would take for Kawhi.

Just now, Raves said:

I just don't see the Lakers having the assets that Pop would want, since Lonzo is off the table apparently,  to be able to trade for Kawhi not to mention they would be lacking a bit even then after signing LBJ+PG to max contracts then trading what Pop would take for Kawhi.

Honestly, this is just more gamesmanship from the Spurs IMO.  As I've mentioned, I don't see the C's offering Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown.  And if both of them are off the table, I think the C's package is middle of the pack.  It's hard to build a package based around future picks, especially when we have an offseason to go in terms of where the Kings and Grizzlies take their respective teams.  Those picks become more valuable the closer we get to the 2019 NBA Draft.  Right now, they're lottery tickets.  Good lottery tickets to have, but not something you build your franchise around.  As for the Sixers, I'm still skeptical they'd dangle 10 or in particular Markelle Fultz without some sort of agreement by Kawhi.  I'm not sure what the Lakers' package is going to be, but I know they have to dump Deng as part of the deal.  I don't see the Lakers willing to give up all 3 of Kuzma, Lonzo, and Ingram.  I think they'd offer two of the three, Lonzo being the most likely along with Kuzma.  They'd probably drag in a 3rd team to take on Deng/Lonzo sending assets to San Antonio.  Perhaps:

Lakers Get: Kawhi Leonard
Spurs Get: Kyle Kuzma, Tyson Chandler, #16, #25, '19 FRP (top 3 protected), Option to swap 2020 1sts
Suns Get: Lonzo Ball, Luol Deng

What say you @DirtyDez and @11sanchez11?

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, this is just more gamesmanship from the Spurs IMO.  As I've mentioned, I don't see the C's offering Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown.  And if both of them are off the table, I think the C's package is middle of the pack.  It's hard to build a package based around future picks, especially when we have an offseason to go in terms of where the Kings and Grizzlies take their respective teams.  Those picks become more valuable the closer we get to the 2019 NBA Draft.  Right now, they're lottery tickets.  Good lottery tickets to have, but not something you build your franchise around.  As for the Sixers, I'm still skeptical they'd dangle 10 or in particular Markelle Fultz without some sort of agreement by Kawhi.  I'm not sure what the Lakers' package is going to be, but I know they have to dump Deng as part of the deal.  I don't see the Lakers willing to give up all 3 of Kuzma, Lonzo, and Ingram.  I think they'd offer two of the three, Lonzo being the most likely along with Kuzma.  They'd probably drag in a 3rd team to take on Deng/Lonzo sending assets to San Antonio.  Perhaps:

Spurs Get: Kyle Kuzma, Tyson Chandler, #16, #25, '19 FRP (top 3 protected), Option to swap 2020 1sts

I think a lot of that would boil down to how much longer Pop wants to keep coaching. Does he want to win now, or does he want to rebuild? In this scenario they would be set up beautifully for a rebuild. Having picks 16, 18, 25 in the first round of this years draft would be really good imo considering the talent coming out. He could package some of those picks and move up, or stay put and inject a plethora of youth into an aging roster. Personally, I would try and package 16 and 25 to move up into the top 10 and grab whoever their guy is. Then use pick 18 on a solid player. That would give them 2 good/solid rookies, a potential star with the 2019 top 3 protected pick, and Kuzma, to pair with Aldridge and Murray. They could also add a quality FA in 2019 after Chandler comes off the books. Not bad, but it depends if Pop wants to start all over again or not.

I like the deal for the Lakers obviously, as well as Phoenix as it gives them their long sought after pg, but will it be worth dealing with Lavar? I will say though that a core of Ball/Booker/Warren/Jackson/Ayton looks really good. They would just need to add some more shooters. Ball, Warren and Jackson are all terrible from the 3. Hopefully they would develop in time.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure Ball and Kuz are SA guys, though. I wouldn't be surprised if it had to be Ingram for them. 

Kuzma as a centerpiece of a deal is pretty meh. I think teams would value Ball over him. The future firsts from PHX? 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Who are the '19 FRP and swap rights from?

I'll take Lonzo to take on the Deng contract but the only thing I would give up for it is #31. Tbh I rather have SGA or Sexton at 16 than Lonzo, and one might make it there. 

Also I don't think the Spurs would do that.

24 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Not sure Ball and Kuz are SA guys, though. I wouldn't be surprised if it had to be Ingram for them. 

Kuzma as a centerpiece of a deal is pretty meh. I think teams would value Ball over him. The future firsts from PHX? 

Not sure why Kuzma isn't a "SA guy".  The problem is the Lakers aren't dealing Ingram, Kuzma, AND Ball in the same deal IMO.  They'll do two of the three, but not all three of them. IF the Spurs aren't willing to take on Deng, that's going to dilute the package in return for them.  The Spurs don't really have any leverage to demand all 3 of the Lakers' significant assets AND refuse to take on Luol Deng's contract.  And for the Lakers, they're probably content with sticking with LBJ/PG13 and keeping their 3 notable assets than essentially shedding the roster down to LBJ/PG13/Kawhi.  I think the Lakers are going to try and keep one of Ball or Ingram, my gut says Ingram.  Unless Boston comes in offering Jaylen Brown or the Sixers say screw it and offer their Fultz/10/Saric package, it feels an awful lot like the Lakers are bidding against themselves here.  The future 1sts would come from the Lakers.

Archived