LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

18 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

He's been really good playing second fiddle to AD. I think Boogie has a horrible rap from his time in Sacramento, he really seems to be a model citizen/teammate in New Orleans.

That works because he gets just as many shots as AD and they are good friends off the court. And even that situation he isn't a true 2nd option there. AD is just better but not like everything goes through him opposed to Cousins. They run their stuff and often times it is Cousins leading the team in shot attempts. 

That won't be the case in LA. Injury concerns aside, NO is the best team for him. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Ball
Ingram
LeBron
Kuzma
Zubac

That's easily arguable that it's better than

Hill
Korver
LeBron
Love
Thompson

I think Ball is an absolutely atrocious fit with Lebron, but yes I agree.

I just think its an odd move. The home appeal to Cleveland and all that. He still ain't winning crap in LA with that roster as it stands but yeah the flexibility is definitely better.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Ball
Ingram
LeBron
Kuzma
Zubac

That's easily arguable that it's better than

Hill
Korver
LeBron
Love
Thompson

That LA team would need more shooting but yeah it's better. But that Cavs team wasn't going to beat a healthy Houston team last year and got swept by the Warriors. And this Lakers team isn't beating those two teams either which makes them a 2nd round team at best. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That LA team would need more shooting but yeah it's better. But that Cavs team wasn't going to beat a healthy Houston team last year and got swept by the Warriors. And this Lakers team isn't beating those two teams either which makes them a 2nd round team at best. 

So, the question then becomes...

Where would you rather be if you're not going to win a title? Los Angeles? Or Cleveland?

Just now, MookieMonster said:

I just think its an odd move. The home appeal to Cleveland and all that. He still ain't winning crap in LA with that roster as it stands but yeah the flexibility is definitely better.

Ball is a great fit next to LeBron. He doesn't need to control the rock and pushes the ball better than anyone LeBron has ever played with. He will take pressure off LeBron by being able to facilitate something LeBron has wanted for a while. Oh yeah, on the other end he could play some pretty damn good defense and would be able to switch with his size. His shooting has to get better but this notion he's a terrible fit next to LeBron just isn't accurate. 

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

So, the question then becomes...

Where would you rather be if you're not going to win a title? Los Angeles? Or Cleveland?

For sure and you look at which team has the potential to put together the better roster? Which is clearly LA. That Cavs team has a bunch of out of prime bad contracts and are pretty much stuck with what they have. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

For sure and you look at which team has the potential to put together the better roster? Which is clearly LA. That Cavs team has a bunch of out of prime bad contracts and are pretty much stuck with what they have. 

Yep. LeBron isn't dumb. He knows that Cleveland is a sinking ship and he's the only thing keeping them afloat. The moment he signs with LA, the Cavs will be back near the top of the lottery.

9 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Because he's a bad shooter?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Because he's a bad shooter?

Because he's a horrible shooter. He's a great and willing passer so he will definitely be able to help there, but I feel him and Lebron are both at their bests running the offense. I'm talking strictly offensively, Ball is still a good defender and that won't change with Lebron obviously.

Archived