Rate my Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

55 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

12-team standard mock (I had the 4th pick) 

QB: Jimmy Garappolo 
RB: David Johnson
RB: Lesean McCoy
WR: Juju Smith Schuster
WR: Emmanuel Sanders 
TE: Rob Gronkowski 
Flex: Marshawn Lynch
DST: Eagles
K: Greg Zuerlein

Bench:
QB: Jared Goff
WR: Jamison Crowder
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Marquise Goodwin
RB: Peyton Barber
RB: Corey Clement 

This is the first mock I've tried where I've taken Gronk and actually liked the overall outcome at the end of the draft. I'd be pretty happy if I came away from my big money league draft with this team. 

QB: B-

RB: B+

WR: C+

TE: A+

Overall I like it. Your QB's and WR's should be serviceable enough to get you by while Gronk and your RB's should do most of the carrying. I don't give your RB's an A because I'm pretty weary on McCoy heading in to the year. He just turned 30 and will face a loaded box every week. I think he has a pretty down year compared to his standard. If you look at his career trend it goes, 2 good/great years to 1 down year, then 2 good/great years to 1 down year. Going in to 2018 he's coming off of 2 good/great years in 2016/2017 and I think the writing's on the wall for him to continue that trend and he has a down year. Maybe not to the point where he's a complete bust if he can avoid injury due to the volume he's going to get, but I'm avoiding him in my draft if I can help it. I would be curious to see who else was on the board when you picked him.

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

WR is a concern which is rare in most mocks. The 1-2-3 trio at RB and Kerryon is a good start and i like Cousins and Marvin Jones. I'm not big on Emmanuel Sanders but he and Anderson should make up a serviceable #2. Jordan Reed as your only TE is scary just because you know he's gonna get hurt

I don't love it either. If Reed got hurt I could pick up a waiver guy.

Cousins was in the 10? I usually wait another 2 rounds on QB but I think he is going to be a my guy.

I don't know is swapping out a Howard for a Amari Cooper makes this better.

I haven't done a single mock that I love.

I just did another mock from the 11 spot in a PPR on Fantasy Pros. Went with a slightly different strategy and going full streaming on the QB.

1.11- Melvin Gordon 

2.2- Julio Jones

3.11- Jordan Howard

4.2- Royce Freeman

5.11- Mark Ingram

6.2- Jamison Crowder

7.11- Delanie Walker

8.2- Nelson Agholor 

9.11- Marquise Lee

10.2- Ty Montgomery

11.11- Jordan Wilkins

12.2- Jared Goff

13.11- Martavious Bryant

14.2- LAC DST

15.11- Stephen Gostowski

16.2- Philly Goedart 

Roster

QB- Goff (Streaming with best match up)

RB- Gordon/Howard

WR- Julio Jones/Crowder

TE- Delanie Walker

Flex- Royce Freeman

DST- Chargers 

K- Gostowski

RB Bench- Mark Ingram/Jordan Wilkins/Ty Montgomery 

WR Bench- Agholor/M.Lee/M.Bryant

TE Bench- Goedart 

10 team standard

QB:  Stafford, Goff

RB: Barkley, Gordon, Lynch, Coleman, Anderson

WR: Evans, Hill, Robinson, Davis, Kupp, Parker

TE: Walker

If this was how my real draft went I would be ecstatic. Got 2 workhorse RB's and the WR depth is fantastic..I got Allen Robinson in the 6th round lol 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

10 team standard

QB:  Stafford, Goff

RB: Barkley, Gordon, Lynch, Coleman, Anderson

WR: Evans, Hill, Robinson, Davis, Kupp, Parker

TE: Walker

If this was how my real draft went I would be ecstatic. Got 2 workhorse RB's and the WR depth is fantastic..I got Allen Robinson in the 6th round lol 

Looks pretty good. But in a 10 team league there is no reason the have a 2nd QB. Get yourself another RB or WR

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I just did another mock from the 11 spot in a PPR on Fantasy Pros. Went with a slightly different strategy and going full streaming on the QB.

1.11- Melvin Gordon 

2.2- Julio Jones

3.11- Jordan Howard

4.2- Royce Freeman

5.11- Mark Ingram

6.2- Jamison Crowder

7.11- Delanie Walker

8.2- Nelson Agholor 

9.11- Marquise Lee

10.2- Ty Montgomery

11.11- Jordan Wilkins

12.2- Jared Goff

13.11- Martavious Bryant

14.2- LAC DST

15.11- Stephen Gostowski

16.2- Philly Goedart 

Roster

QB- Goff (Streaming with best match up)

RB- Gordon/Howard

WR- Julio Jones/Crowder

TE- Delanie Walker

Flex- Royce Freeman

DST- Chargers 

K- Gostowski

RB Bench- Mark Ingram/Jordan Wilkins/Ty Montgomery 

WR Bench- Agholor/M.Lee/M.Bryant

TE Bench- Goedart 

I'm confused by the streaming best matchup. Are you honestly starting someone on waivers over Goff?

I think its an okay team but Crowder as my #2 WR has me sort of concerned. Howards isn't an ideal #2 in a PPR league but thats okay

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm confused by the streaming best matchup. Are you honestly starting someone on waivers over Goff?

I think its an okay team but Crowder as my #2 WR has me sort of concerned. Howards isn't an ideal #2 in a PPR league but thats okay

It would depend on the matchup. Goff is maybe a top 12 QB but if there is a QB on the waiver with a better matchup, I would pick him up.

I like Crowder a lot in PPR. I wouldn't mind him as a #2. Alex Smith historically loves a check down, there is no clear #1 WR on the roster and now no significant run game.

Howard will be solid but I have Royce Freeman and Mark Ingram waiting in the wings, so I'll have options when I want more upside in this scenario.

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It would depend on the matchup. Goff is maybe a top 12 QB but if there is a QB on the waiver with a better matchup, I would pick him up.

I like Crowder a lot in PPR. I wouldn't mind him as a #2. Alex Smith historically loves a check down, there is no clear #1 WR on the roster and now no significant run game.

Howard will be solid but I have Royce Freeman and Mark Ingram waiting in the wings, so I'll have options when I want more upside in this scenario.

I assume Smith will check down alot to Chris Thompson too for the same reason. Yea something might materialize with Freeman/Ingram. And idk about the QB thing. I assume 20-24 QBs will be gone so you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel. So the bottom 3rd of the QBs available vs a good QB like Goff with 3 legit WRs and a beast at RB.  Other than the Minnesota game(which is at home for Goff) I think he has good enough matchups to be dangerous. If you are considering streaming someone from time to time, I would just draft someone super later that fills in the holes that are on Goff's schedule as much as possible

Just did my first non mock of the season. It's a league I don't really care about (it's a random public league that has somehow managed to keep its members for going on like 6 years, which is pretty crazy). It's completely different than every other league I play in; 16 team standard points.  I had the 10th pick. Results: 

• Brady / Smith 
  • Hunt / McCaffrey / Ingram / Barber / Kelly 
  • Goodwin /Fuller / Mike Williams / DJ Moore / Anthony Miller / Marqise Lee (14th round @_@) 
  • Charles Clay (not ideal, but missed the initial run so waited)
  • TN
  • Gould

I took Brady slightly earlier than I should have. It's a 6 point passing touchdown league, so QBs have a little more upside. And I was right on the run - the next 4 quarterbacks went off the board in the following round, but I wish I waited one round, though I will admit that I didn't miss much between the Brady pick and the next one (likely would have had to go w/r since I started with two running backs, and the two most notable between the Brady pick and the next one were Cooks and Allen Robinson, so I'm not overly sorry I missed out on them). 

That being said, obviously the wide receiver set up is not ideal, so I took value in Lee and tried to shoot for upside with Williams / Moore / Miller. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just did my first non mock of the season. It's a league I don't really care about (it's a random public league that has somehow managed to keep its members for going on like 6 years, which is pretty crazy). It's completely different than every other league I play in; 16 team standard points.  I had the 10th pick. Results: 

• Brady / Smith 
  • Goodwin /Fuller / Mike Williams / DJ Moore / Anthony Miller / Marqise Lee (14th round @_@) 
  • TN
  • Gould

I took Brady slightly earlier than I should have. It's a 6 point passing touchdown league, so QBs have a little more upside. And I was right on the run - the next 4 quarterbacks went off the board in the following round, but I wish I waited one round, though I will admit that I didn't miss much between the Brady pick and the next one (likely would have had to go w/r since I started with two running backs, and the two most notable between the Brady pick and the next one were Cooks and Allen Robinson, so I'm not overly sorry I missed out on them). 

That being said, obviously the wide receiver set up is not ideal, so I took value in Lee and tried to shoot for upside with Williams / Moore / Miller. 

WR is light with top end talent. I would wait on QB and stream. You'll get a better advantage at WR/RB

Just now, twslhs20 said:

WR is light with top end talent. I would wait on QB and stream. You'll get a better advantage at WR/RB

Yeah, which is what I usually do, but in a 16 team league with backups, streaming really isn't a great option because there is not going to be much left to stream. Given they are 6 points per touchdown, I think the quarterback spot is okay to go a little higher than typical. I think I should have just waited one round as I could have just taken Drew Brees with the next pick. That being said, not overly concerned because I didn't miss much between the picks. Cooks / Robinson at wide receiver are meh, my running backs were largely already covered. Tight ends went weirdly early in this draft for some reason with two getting drafted between those picks - JImmy Graham and Kyle Rudolph...which is way too early to me, so I was okay with bypassing those guys as well. 

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Latest Mock 3 spot 12 team PPR

QB-Keeum

RB- D Johnson, Lynch, Carson, Ty Mont, R Kelly,  A Jones

WR- Thielen, Ju Ju, Watkins, Edelman DJ Moore, Mike Williams

TE: Gronk

Starting with Duke-Gronk-Thielen-Juju is a good start and I like the upside of Williams/Edelman in PPR leagues. I even like Lynch a little and Carson's stock seems to be rising. With that said, I'd be terrified if Case Keenum was my only QB in a 12 team league

2 hours ago, Forge said:

• Brady / Smith 
  • TN
  • Gould

I like it for the most part. Not sure you had to take Smith when you did as its unlikely you bench Brady for him unless its a bye week. 

Hunt-McCaffrey is a good 1-2 punch and if Ingram comes back 80% the RB he was last year you have the best #3 RB in the league. I like Goodwin and Fuller a lot and Williams a little but the others are very much shots in the dark in standard leagues. 

Archived