Rate my Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

6 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I just did a mock draft and did what every analyst tells you not to do...Went QB AND TE early. And honestly, I love how my team turned out..

12-team standard scoring...

QB: Aaron Rodgers 
RB: Leveon Bell 
RB: Duke Johnson 
WR: Larry Fitzgerald 
WR: Sammy Watkins
TE: Rob Gronkowski 
Flex: Emmanuel Sanders 
DST: New Orleans
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
Mark Ingram RB
TY Montgomery RB 
Cooper Kupp WR
Peyton Barber RB 
Chris Godwin WR
Jimmy Garoppolo QB 

- I don't know, has me rethinking my QB Strategy. There's so many good WRs you can snag up in the middle rounds. I love the look of this team. And yes I know it's a mock draft and the likelyhood of Rodgers slipping till the early 3rd is highly unlikely, but still...

Another team that I love and it's more realistic....Russell in the 3rd round...

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Mashawn Lynch
WR: Juju Smith Schuster
WR: Alshon Jeffrey 
Flex: Sammy Watkins
DST: Houston
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
Duke Johnson RB
Peyton Barber RB
DJ Moore WR 
Bilal Powell RB
Chris Godwin WR 

I assume this is a PPR league otherwise you wouldn't like having Duke Johnson as your #2 RB. I really like that 1st one. I have no problem going early with QB/TE at all. 

The 2nd one is good too. Any reason why you love Sammy Watkins so much?

On 8/19/2018 at 6:11 PM, The LBC said:

12-team, standard scoring out of the #5-spot, (6-point TD's across the board; i.e. passing TD's too) - only 1 auto-drafter (I know because I was in the same room drafting live as the majority of the teams) and 1 kind of crazy drafter:

QB: Carson Wentz (in the 2nd to last round as the last QB taken)

RB: Zeke Elliott

RB: Christian McCaffrey

WR: Devante Adams

WR: Allen Robinson

TE: Ricky Seals-Jones

WR/RB: Rex Burkhead

WR/TE: Josh Gordon

DEF: Baltimore

K: Matt Bryant

BN: Sony MIchel

BN: Marquis Goodwin

BN: Kelvin Benjamin

Wentz that late was huge value. I like the first three picks in Elliot, McCaffrey, Adams. Marquise Goodwin Is a high ceiling sleeper. Did you fall asleep on taking a tight end? I don’t trust your running back depth, I just can’t trust Belichick when it comes to RB’s aside from James White in PPR format and well you are basically betting against yourself with both Burkhead and Michel.  Five strong receivers for sure but not having a second QB when Wentz isn’t sure to even play week 1 is concerning.

11 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I just did a mock draft and did what every analyst tells you not to do...Went QB AND TE early. And honestly, I love how my team turned out..

12-team standard scoring...

QB: Aaron Rodgers 
RB: Leveon Bell 
RB: Duke Johnson 
WR: Larry Fitzgerald 
WR: Sammy Watkins
Flex: Emmanuel Sanders 
DST: New Orleans
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
Mark Ingram RB
TY Montgomery RB 
Cooper Kupp WR
Peyton Barber RB 
Chris Godwin WR
Jimmy Garoppolo QB 

- I don't know, has me rethinking my QB Strategy. There's so many good WRs you can snag up in the middle rounds. I love the look of this team. And yes I know it's a mock draft and the likelyhood of Rodgers slipping till the early 3rd is highly unlikely, but still...

Another team that I love and it's more realistic....Russell in the 3rd round...

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Mashawn Lynch
WR: Juju Smith Schuster
WR: Alshon Jeffrey 
Flex: Sammy Watkins
DST: Houston
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
Duke Johnson RB
Peyton Barber RB
DJ Moore WR 
Bilal Powell RB
Chris Godwin WR 

Team 1, after your first three of Bell Rodgers and Gronkowski I feel underwhelmed, I feel like it was a team drafted for a PPR league with fitzgerald, Duke and Montgomery. I love Fitzgerald as a person and player but in standard scoring he’s not who I would want as my #1, infact I would say all your receivers are between low ceiling #2 and deep sleeper. So many book or bust guys it will be hard setting a lineup.

You have receivers that at year end may have respectable numbers but right now project to be wildly inconsistent due to either their offensive scheme or the quarterback throwing the ball. You may get 9 targets one week then 3 targets the next two.

Team 2, see comments on receivers for team 1

On 8/17/2018 at 10:19 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

I just did another mock from the 11 spot in a PPR on Fantasy Pros. Went with a slightly different strategy and going full streaming on the QB.

1.11- Melvin Gordon 

2.2- Julio Jones

3.11- Jordan Howard

4.2- Royce Freeman

5.11- Mark Ingram

6.2- Jamison Crowder

7.11- Delanie Walker

8.2- Nelson Agholor 

9.11- Marquise Lee

10.2- Ty Montgomery

11.11- Jordan Wilkins

12.2- Jared Goff

13.11- Martavious Bryant

14.2- LAC DST

15.11- Stephen Gostowski

16.2- Philly Goedart 

Roster

QB- Goff (Streaming with best match up)

RB- Gordon/Howard

WR- Julio Jones/Crowder

TE- Delanie Walker

Flex- Royce Freeman

DST- Chargers 

K- Gostowski

RB Bench- Mark Ingram/Jordan Wilkins/Ty Montgomery 

WR Bench- Agholor/M.Lee/M.Bryant

TE Bench- Goedart 

Overall good team, I don’t like to stream a QB, I’ve tried before without very good results. That aside, I don’t like Howard in the PPR format as much but at pick 35 when a starting running back is sitting there, you take him!!! Really you filled up the bench nicely.

6A7C8EEC-E27F-4E48-8097-AB85A88CA7FD.jpe

0B114124-0BEF-4BED-A5C1-22171F1EA1C7.jpe

12 team PPR. 3 year old redraft league, all seasoned owners.

I did a few mocks and kept finding that the best RB’s available by my pick in round 3 were McKinnon, Mixon, McCoy, Henry, etc while the WR’s were Hilton, Baldwin, Amari Cooper, Tyreek Hill... really felt a lot better on the depth at WR so I went for the top RB’s on my board. Both Greg Olsen and Andrew Luck were during runs where they were the last ones left in their respective tiers, I watched Kelce and Ertz go the two picks before my 5th round pick. This is the first year i’ve Ever drafted backups at either TE or QB but again, they were right at a point where I felt the position was almost to a steep drop off and given that both were injured last year, wanted the insurance. Last year I came out of the draft with 8 running backs (Hunt, Ingram, Kamara, James White, Powell, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Jacquizz Rodgers). I hope Barber or Freeman can bring me some of the Kamara/Hunt luck I had last year.

3 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Wentz that late was huge value. I like the first three picks in Elliot, McCaffrey, Adams. Marquise Goodwin Is a high ceiling sleeper. Did you fall asleep on taking a tight end? I don’t trust your running back depth, I just can’t trust Belichick when it comes to RB’s aside from James White in PPR format and well you are basically betting against yourself with both Burkhead and Michel.  Five strong receivers for sure but not having a second QB when Wentz isn’t sure to even play week 1 is concerning.

This league has three bench spots allowed and that's it.  I can tell you from experience that it's utterly worthless draft multiple QB's.  And for all the talk about not trusting Belicheck RB's, I'd refer you to weeks 9-16 last season when both Dion Lewis and Burkhead (when Burkhead was healthy) were legitimate RB2 starters.

I didn't fall asleep on taking a TE, I traditionally always wait on the position and usually stream one of either TE or QB (and have done so to some pretty strong success in this league, precisely because this league has small benches and doesn't allow for ferreting away players to keep them from other people).  As to Seals-Jones, I could have rolled the diced on someone like Eifert or hoped that Eric Ebron suddenly learned how to catch (been there before).  I opted for the high-upside guy (go back and look at how much Bradford targets the TE, and if/when he goes down rookie QB's, particularly the less mobile ones which Rosen is, target the TE a ton in year one) who has a clear path to start Week 1 (Gresham is injured).  if Wentz doesn't suit up Week 1, I drop the TE (because the odds of someone picking him up at low and there are multiple teams with barely even two startable RB's in the in this league with two/three TE's rosters or two QB's rostered) for a QB (I have no issue rolling out someone like Tyrod Taylor as a spot-starter because he'll get points for rushing yards too to pad his total), or even Alex Smith if it comes to it (because he's another that heavily targets his TE, which Arizona has struggled to cover, and Jordan Reed will be healthy for at least Week 1 if he doesn't get injured in the preseason dress-rehearsal).

15 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

12 team PPR. 3 year old redraft league, all seasoned owners.

I did a few mocks and kept finding that the best RB’s available by my pick in round 3 were McKinnon, Mixon, McCoy, Henry, etc while the WR’s were Hilton, Baldwin, Amari Cooper, Tyreek Hill... really felt a lot better on the depth at WR so I went for the top RB’s on my board. Both Greg Olsen and Andrew Luck were during runs where they were the last ones left in their respective tiers, I watched Kelce and Ertz go the two picks before my 5th round pick. This is the first year i’ve Ever drafted backups at either TE or QB but again, they were right at a point where I felt the position was almost to a steep drop off and given that both were injured last year, wanted the insurance. Last year I came out of the draft with 8 running backs (Hunt, Ingram, Kamara, James White, Powell, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Jacquizz Rodgers). I hope Barber or Freeman can bring me some of the Kamara/Hunt luck I had last year.

I have several questions:

How the heck did A-Rob fall to the 80s? Freeman to 57 and Baldwin to 40? All of those are incredible values imo

I personally think this is the best case scenario(other than maybe taking Devonta round 2). I may have reached slightly on Goodwin but it was either pick 62 or 83 and I don't think he'll last that long. Overall the first 8 picks were guys I feel confident in

12 teams: Standard Scoring 

QB: Rivers & Ryan

RB: Fournette, D. Freeman, R. Freeman, Kerryon

WR: Demaryius, Hogan, Goodwin, Fuller

TE: Doyle

I left before finishing but honestly there was no one left worth noting anyways

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have several questions:

How the heck did A-Rob fall to the 80s? Freeman to 57 and Baldwin to 40? All of those are incredible values imo

Someone has to fall, I think I played the draft well, I watched default rankings and worked those odds a bit. If I was on the fence about a few people Royce Freeman for one, knowing his default ranking was so low (80’s) let me go for need (a second receiver) and run the risk that he would make it another 17, I knew though that he was on top of the boards of the 2 picks behind me and he would t be there for the turn back at 64. It has been the same 12 owners for the previous two seasons, I have a good feeling for their tendencies. I was lucky that two of the biggest sleeper hunters were after me at picks 10 and 11 which is why I went Royce Freeman, Marquise Goodwin, George Kittle, Peyton Barber with my before the turn picks.

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I personally think this is the best case scenario(other than maybe taking Devonta round 2). I may have reached slightly on Goodwin but it was either pick 62 or 83 and I don't think he'll last that long. Overall the first 8 picks were guys I feel confident in

12 teams: Standard Scoring 

QB: Rivers & Ryan

RB: Fournette, D. Freeman, R. Freeman, Kerryon

WR: Demaryius, Hogan, Goodwin, Fuller

TE: Doyle

I left before finishing but honestly there was no one left worth noting anyways

Solid starters with a sleeper at both rb and wr 

Got my work league draft in 2 days on ESPN. 

Here is my Tuesday mock

12 teams PPR. Pick 11

QB- Stafford

RB- Fournette/Drake/Ingram/Jordan Wilkins/Aaron Jones/Bilal Powell

WR- Hopkins/Diggs/Crowder/Agholor/Mike Williams

TE- Rudolph

Flex- Burkhead

K- Elliott

DST- Titans

What do you guys think of my 10 teams: Standard Scoring 

QB - Matthew Stafford
RB - David Johnson
RB -  Kenyan Drake
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Michael Thomas
TE - Trey Burton
FLEX - T.Y Hilton
DEF - Los Angeles Chargers

Bench - Marvin Jones - WR 
Bench - Emmanuel Sanders - WR
Bench - Kenny Stills - WR 
Bench - Kerryon Johnson - RB

Bench - Dion Lewis - RB

Bench - Peyton Barber - RB

Two mocks, 12 team, 0.5 PPR, 11th pick. 2 RB, 3 WR lineup.

Mock #1
QB - Jimmy Garoppolo | San Francisco 49ers
RB - Kareem Hunt | Kansas City Chiefs
RB - Leonard Fournette | Jacksonville Jaguars
WR - Amari Cooper | Oakland Raiders
WR - Doug Baldwin | Seattle Seahawks
WR - Chris Hogan | New England Patriots
TE - Greg Olsen | Carolina Panthers
K - Mason Crosby | Green Bay Packers
DST - Pittsburgh Steelers

Bench
QB Jameis Winston | Tampa Bay Buccaneers
RB Peyton Barber | Tampa Bay Buccaneers
RB Duke Johnson Jr | Cleveland Browns
WR Jamison Crowder | Washington Redskins
WR Mike Williams | Los Angeles Chargers
TE Tyler Eifert | Cincinnati Bengals

Mock #2
QB - Aaron Rodgers | Green Bay Packers
RB - Kareem Hunt | Kansas City Chiefs
RB - Dalvin Cook | Minnesota Vikings
WR - Amari Cooper | Oakland Raiders
WR - Alshon Jeffery | Philadelphia Eagles
WR - Michael Crabtree | Baltimore Ravens
TE - Greg Olsen | Carolina Panthers
K - Robbie Gould | San Francisco 49ers
DST - New England Patriots

Bench
QB Jameis Winston | Tampa Bay Buccaneers
RB Aaron Jones | Green Bay Packers
RB Duke Johnson Jr | Cleveland Browns
WR Devin Funchess | Carolina Panthers
WR Mike Williams | Los Angeles Chargers
TE Jared Cook | Oakland Raiders

8 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

What do you guys think of my 10 teams: Standard Scoring 

QB - Matthew Stafford
RB - David Johnson
RB -  Kenyan Drake
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Michael Thomas
TE - Trey Burton
FLEX - T.Y Hilton
DEF - Los Angeles Chargers

Bench - Marvin Jones - WR 
Bench - Emmanuel Sanders - WR
Bench - Kenny Stills - WR 
Bench - Kerryon Johnson - RB

Bench - Dion Lewis - RB

Bench - Peyton Barber - RB

Stafford and Burton are some of my guys this year. Love them. Nitpicking end of roster but in a 10 team league I think there are players you could have found with better upside and boom potential than Stills and Peyton Barber. I'm getting pretty out on Emmanuel Sanders this year too.

Archived