Rate my Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Experimenting with a new draft strategy before I pick 12th in my PPR league later this week. Might post a few. 

Thoughts?

1st- Fournette  2. Julio Jones  3- Alex Collins  4. Kenyan Drake  5. Kerryon Jonson 6. Corey Davis 7. Sony Michel 8.Duke Johnson 9. Matthew Stafford 10. Jack Doyle 11. Marquise Lee 12. Anthony Miller 13. Geronimo Allison 14. Stephen Gostowski 15. Titans DST

QB- Stafford

RB- Fournette

RB- Collins

WR- Jones

WR- Davis

TE- Doyle

Flex- Drake

Flex- Duke Johnson

K- Gostkowski

DST- Titans

Bench- Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Marquise Lee, Anothey Miller, Geronimo Allison

OK - I don't like Fournette there ... maybe.

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Experimenting with a new draft strategy before I pick 12th in my PPR league later this week. Might post a few. 

Thoughts?

1st- Fournette  2. Julio Jones  3- Alex Collins  4. Kenyan Drake  5. Kerryon Jonson 6. Corey Davis 7. Sony Michel 8.Duke Johnson 9. Matthew Stafford 10. Jack Doyle 11. Marquise Lee 12. Anthony Miller 13. Geronimo Allison 14. Stephen Gostowski 15. Titans DST

QB- Stafford

RB- Fournette

RB- Collins

WR- Jones

WR- Davis

TE- Doyle

Flex- Drake

Flex- Duke Johnson

K- Gostkowski

DST- Titans

Bench- Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Marquise Lee, Anothey Miller, Geronimo Allison

Sorry, I got cut-off.
I wanted to know who was available at your pick besides Fournette.

Also, you have too much speculation.
Yes, all fantasy is speculation, but look back.
Corey Davis, Kenyan Drake, Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Marquise Lee, Anthony Miller, Geronimo Allison.
I don't consider any of it depth until it proves itself as depth.
None of them have produced .... ever.
Try to split your bench better.

FWIW - Collins scares me, too. 
There is so much going on in that backfield.
I'm loving Lamar Miller over Drake and Collins this year.
I feel like you get 10 a week versus 15, 5, 15, 5, 15, 5 ...
... or nothing at all (Gore/Ballage and Dixon/Allen).  Just booty potential.

21 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Sorry, I got cut-off.
I wanted to know who was available at your pick besides Fournette.

Also, you have too much speculation.
Yes, all fantasy is speculation, but look back.
Corey Davis, Kenyan Drake, Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Marquise Lee, Anthony Miller, Geronimo Allison.
I don't consider any of it depth until it proves itself as depth.
None of them have produced .... ever.
Try to split your bench better.

FWIW - Collins scares me, too. 
There is so much going on in that backfield.
I'm loving Lamar Miller over Drake and Collins this year.
I feel like you get 10 a week versus 15, 5, 15, 5, 15, 5 ...
... or nothing at all (Gore/Ballage and Dixon/Allen).  Just booty potential.

I couldn't disagree with your more philosophically dingo. Sorry man

1) Fournette- that man is literally the entire offense. They have booty cheeks Blake Bortles at QB. That offense is run, run and run some more. 

2) Drake and Collins produced as really good fantasy RB's last year and they don't have really any competition this year. Frank Gore might steal some touches early but over the long haul of the season Drake will win out. Allen and Dixon have been on the Ravens for years and have never been good. Why would that start now.

3) You can't chase last years's stats. That will win you last years' fantasy league. Corey Davis is the clear #1 in what should be a more pass happy offense. That is a recipe for a solid #2 WR

4) As far as the bench, I'm not trying to win 4th. I'm trying to win 1st. So my late round philosophy is try and grab the potential home run players rather than trying to hit a bunch of doubles. Those players aren't playing for me early, so I might as well gamble on upside and if they don't work out, there will be plenty of those safe doubles sitting on the waiver wire if I need them. 

In the early rounds you play safe (hence why I value players like Fournette and Jones). At QB and TE I like to be pretty safe but in the later rounds, at RB and WR go big or go home.

This is probably the last one I’ll post lemme know your thoughts. 10 man non-ppr league with the 5th pick.

QB: Garoppolo

RB: Gordon, Mixon, Henry, Lewis, Peterson

WR: Brown, Robinson, Crabtree, Davis, Shepard, Stills

TE: Reed, Burton

Would be ecstatic to get Brown/Gordon/Mixon with my first 3 picks. I doubt Gordon lasts until 16 so when the real thing comes around I’ll probably end up drafting Freeman unless Cook/Hunt/Fournette fall. I think I have good depth at WR/RB/TE. Burton imo would be good enough to fill in for Reed when he inevitable gets hurts.

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

This is probably the last one I’ll post lemme know your thoughts. 10 man non-ppr league with the 5th pick.

QB: Garoppolo

RB: Gordon, Mixon, Henry, Lewis, Peterson

WR: Brown, Robinson, Crabtree, Davis, Shepard, Stills

TE: Reed, Burton

Would be ecstatic to get Brown/Gordon/Mixon with my first 3 picks. I doubt Gordon lasts until 16 so when the real thing comes around I’ll probably end up drafting Freeman unless Cook/Hunt/Fournette fall. I think I have good depth at WR/RB/TE. Burton imo would be good enough to fill in for Reed when he inevitable gets hurts.

I like Garoppolo a lot although I'm slightly concerned about his targets. Love Gordon and the fact you got him and AB is incredible. I've made my feelings known about Mixon, but part of that might be unfair because he burned me hard last year. I'm not a big fan of Henry and it isn't because he is a Titan. They paid Dion Lewis a lot of money and I feel like if he gets 30-40% of the touches it hurts Henry quite a bit. I like that you have Dion just in case. AP is worth a shot in the dark as a 5th RB so nice there. I like Still and Shepard as late round fliers and Davis/Crabtree should be the #1s in run-1st offenses but the potential is there. Finally Allen Robinson is someone I love a lot as a player but I am concerned about Trubisky and possibly spreading the ball around too much and also running it a ton. Also I like that you doubled up on TE(not that I recommend that normally) but Jordan Reed has top-tier potential but major health risks so I like getting Burton too

Can I get your thoughts on my league? Preferable a vote and comment?

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/12027-12-team-league-who-is-best-vote/

So I've never been in an auction league before so I did a mock just for fun. 

How would you rate this team?

QB- Aaron Rodgers $18

RB- Todd Gurley- $70

RB- Melvin Gordon- $45

WR- Tyreek Hill $20

WR- Chris Hogan $12

TE- Trey Burton $4

FLEX- Marquise Goodwin- $6

K- Greg Zuerlein $2

DST- Jaguars $3

Bench- Carlos Hyde $5, Jamal Williams $3, Jamison Crowder $3, Kerryon Johnson $2, Nelson Agholor $2, Jordan Reed $3, Sony Michel $2

23 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So I've never been in an auction league before so I did a mock just for fun. 

How would you rate this team?

QB- Aaron Rodgers $18

RB- Todd Gurley- $70

RB- Melvin Gordon- $45

WR- Tyreek Hill $20

WR- Chris Hogan $12

TE- Trey Burton $4

FLEX- Marquise Goodwin- $6

K- Greg Zuerlein $2

DST- Jaguars $3

Bench- Carlos Hyde $5, Jamal Williams $3, Jamison Crowder $3, Kerryon Johnson $2, Nelson Agholor $2, Jordan Reed $3, Sony Michel $2

You overbid on Zuerlein...

Is this 10 or 12 teams? You actually did really well. Gordon at 45 imo is a steal although Gurley for 70 is a bit high. I'd even say you overbid on Rodgers but I like the value of alot of these

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You overbid on Zuerlein...

Is this 10 or 12 teams? You actually did really well. Gordon at 45 imo is a steal although Gurley for 70 is a bit high. I'd even say you overbid on Rodgers but I like the value of alot of these

12 I think. I was just playing around since I never did this before. I am intrigued by this format. Maybe I can convince one of my leagues to go auction next year

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

12 I think. I was just playing around since I never did this before. I am intrigued by this format. Maybe I can convince one of my leagues to go auction next year

I'd bring it up now. My guys took forever to come around. I personally LOVE the format. I hate being pigeon-holed into picking like 3 guys in round 1. I want to be able to draft "my guys" no matter what or at least being given a chance to outbid everyone else. 

My team from our league's 12 team draft. Absolutely love who I got

Here's the order I picked them. I picked 11th.

Hopkins, Gordon, Howard, Baldwin(TRADED for Kelce), Royce Freeman, Tate, MAtty Ice, Funchess, Chris Thompson, Alfred Morris, Corey Davis, Agholor, Jordan Reed (Yes, this late), Duke Johnson Jr., Titan D, Foles. No kicker yet. Didn't want to reach because a ton went earlier than expected. I'll waiver wire one.

QB - Matt Ryan, Foles

RB - Gordon, Jordan Howard, Royce Freeman, Chris Thompson, Alfred Morris, Duke JR.

WR - Hopkins, Tate, Funches, Davis, Agholor

TE - Kelce, Reed

DEF - Titans

K - we'll get there lol

15 hours ago, Keep Pounding said:

10 man league

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Leveon Bell

RB: Jordan Howard

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Josh Gordon

Flex: Joe Mixon

TE: Evan Engram

DEF: Steelers 

K: Robbie Gould

Bench

RB: Mark Imgram, K. Johnson, Tevin Coleman.

WR: Corey Davis, Devin Funchess.

TE: Jordan Reed

It was obvious this wasn't a 12 team league when I looked at it but damn. I saw the RBs and thought thats pretty solid and then I saw you had Keenan Allen too. Love the 3 RBs on the bench too considering they all have good potential same goes for the WRs/Reed too

6 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

My team from our league's 12 team draft. Absolutely love who I got

Here's the order I picked them. I picked 11th.

Hopkins, Gordon, Howard, Baldwin(TRADED for Kelce), Royce Freeman, Tate, MAtty Ice, Funchess, Chris Thompson, Alfred Morris, Corey Davis, Agholor, Jordan Reed (Yes, this late), Duke Johnson Jr., Titan D, Foles. No kicker yet. Didn't want to reach because a ton went earlier than expected. I'll waiver wire one.

QB - Matt Ryan, Foles

RB - Gordon, Jordan Howard, Royce Freeman, Chris Thompson, Alfred Morris, Duke JR.

WR - Hopkins, Tate, Funches, Davis, Agholor

TE - Kelce, Reed

DEF - Titans

K - we'll get there lol

I hate you for getting Royce in the late 5th, he was gone middle of the 4th in mine. I like it quite a bit. Idk how Howard fell to late 3rd either

Archived