Rate my Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah. I'm just debating if having two RB1 caliber guys starting at 11 and 14 is smarter than taking a WR there. Is the gap between 1st and early 2nd round WRs compared to 3/4 bigger than the gap between the RBs. I kinda feel it is in regards to the RBs. I'd probably rather have Doug Baldwin as WR1 than Alex Collins as RB2. Especially if I can get my hands on a quality TE (Olsen, Graham, Engram).

I feel like getting something like this for example is a really solid start to a draft.

Fournette

OBJ

Cooper

Collins

I've been in mocks where the WR's get really decimated in before that 3/4 turn. I'd hate to be reaching for a RB in the 1/2 turn and then reaching again for a WR in the 3/4 turn.

It really depends on what players are sitting there though

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like getting something like this for example is a really solid start to a draft.

Fournette

OBJ

Cooper

Collins

I've been in mocks where the WR's get really decimated in before that 3/4 turn. I'd hate to be reaching for a RB in the 1/2 turn and then reaching again for a WR in the 3/4 turn.

It really depends on what players are sitting there though

Yeah. I'm hoping that Hopkins and OBJ are gone so it makes my choice easier. I'll take Gordon or Hunt at 11 over Thomas. Question becomes, if 12 takes Fournette and Hunt in that scenario, is it smarter to take Thomas or go RB2 and take Cook or CMac? 

Conundrums everywhere. Lol

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah. I'm hoping that Hopkins and OBJ are gone so it makes my choice easier. I'll take Gordon or Hunt at 11 over Thomas. Question becomes, if 12 takes Fournette and Hunt in that scenario, is it smarter to take Thomas or go RB2 and take Cook or CMac? 

Conundrums everywhere. Lol

My board looks like this at 11

1) Gordon

2) Fournette 

3) Hopkins

4) Hunt

5) Julio/OBJ

6)Cook/Caff

I feel like things would have to go really screwy not to end up with 2 of those 8 guys. I'm pretty happy getting any 2 of those RB's and any RB/WR combo

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My board looks like this at 11

1) Gordon

2) Fournette 

3) Hopkins

4) Hunt

5) Julio/OBJ

6)Cook/Caff

I feel like things would have to go really screwy not to end up with 2 of those 8 guys. I'm pretty happy getting any 2 of those RB's and any RB/WR combo

Yeah, I do know if MGIII is there, I'll take him. The guy picking at 12 would guaranteed take him. 

I always have a strategy going in and I always toss it to the wind because this league is difficult to prepare for and I'm always drunk lol. We all use a different set of rankings so you think you might get a guy in 6th but he goes in the 3rd. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Well, I'm in a little different situation. We start 2 RB and 3 WR with no flex. So the RB spot isn't as barren unless people draft for depth and neglect other spots. 

I wouldn't complain if I went OBJ and then, say, Fournette, Cook or CMac. Think I could live with Lamar Miller or Alex Collins as RB2. 

Oh thats right! Yea going 1-1 might be the best way to go. Having a 4th WR is more important than a 3rd RB

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I do know if MGIII is there, I'll take him. The guy picking at 12 would guaranteed take him. 

I always have a strategy going in and I always toss it to the wind because this league is difficult to prepare for and I'm always drunk lol. We all use a different set of rankings so you think you might get a guy in 6th but he goes in the 3rd. 

It's tradition!

Per Eagles rankings, Id have Hopkins ahead of Fournette in a .5 PPR league

On 8/22/2018 at 10:34 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

For a 14 team league i think you played it very well. The RBs you have in White/Riddick are garbage in standard leagues and i think that drops them in other’s eyes in a PPR league and you made it work. You have 3 very good startable WRs, a top-12 RB, Top 5 QB and Top-10 TE. Nice job

Thanks.  An update.  I sought out the newbies and proposed trades.

Trade 1:  Allen Robinson and Adrian Peterson for A.J. Green  -  REJECTED

Trade 2:  Allen Robinson and Adrian Peterson for Mike Evans  -  ACCEPTED (tentatively, pending league approval)

I picked up Peterson with the intent of trading him to someone who thinks he has more value than I do (which is close to none).

Now:
Russell Wilson
Devonta Freeman
Lamar Miller
Deandre Hopkins
Mike Evans
Chris Hogan / Julian Edelman
Trey Burton
Arizona Cardinals
Brandon McManus

I am speculating a move for Mark Ingram involving Edelman and some RB depth (either Riddick or White and either Clement or Conner).

6 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Thanks.  An update.  I sought out the newbies and proposed trades.

Trade 1:  Allen Robinson and Adrian Peterson for A.J. Green  -  REJECTED

Trade 2:  Allen Robinson and Adrian Peterson for Mike Evans  -  ACCEPTED (tentatively, pending league approval)

I picked up Peterson with the intent of trading him to someone who thinks he has more value than I do (which is close to none).

Now:
Russell Wilson
Devonta Freeman
Lamar Miller
Deandre Hopkins
Mike Evans
Chris Hogan / Julian Edelman
Trey Burton
Arizona Cardinals
Brandon McManus

I am speculating a move for Mark Ingram involving Edelman and some RB depth (either Riddick or White and either Clement or Conner).

I'm not big on Evans but he is better than A-Rob and I think AP is practically worthless imo. Good deal

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

10 team full PPM pick 6

QB: Smith

RB: Mixon, Freeman, Burkhead, Lynch, Penny, Michel

WR: A Browm, Allen, Baldwin, Jones Jr, Garcon

TE: Doyle

Feel like my RBs are weak but serviceable. Stacked at WR. Not crazy about QB/TE

I'm actually OK with your RB's.  It's not flashy, but I'm high on Lynch this season (because I'm confident in Gruden's stubbornness).  Depending on what kind of WR depth is still on the waiver wire, I'd give strong consideration to dangling a package of Jones (I just feel regression coming his way in the TD dept for him and his targets/game weren't on par with Tate's last year, despite outscoring him) and Freeman or Penny (I only say Penny because if I'm going to own a NE RB I want to own them both because in prime matchups you can get away with starting both and know that one of them is going to hit big on the weekend and probably score enough for two) for an RB/TE combo, a noteworthy upgrade at QB, or a top-tier TE (less inclined to do this trade because TE's outside of a couple and it's usually not the Top 3 have a pretty similar level of production in full-point PPR leagues and the spikes are almost always TD-dependent).

In a 10-team league though, I'd feel solid enough about the depth you've got to shop for an upgrade on Garcon (and possibly even Jones, since I do think he's a regression candidate) and to stream QB or TE throughout the season, just make sure you stay ahead by a week in your waiver wire pickups to avoid the competition for your streaming candidates.

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm actually OK with your RB's.  It's not flashy, but I'm high on Lynch this season (because I'm confident in Gruden's stubbornness).  Depending on what kind of WR depth is still on the waiver wire, I'd give strong consideration to dangling a package of Jones (I just feel regression coming his way in the TD dept for him and his targets/game weren't on par with Tate's last year, despite outscoring him) and Freeman or Penny (I only say Penny because if I'm going to own a NE RB I want to own them both because in prime matchups you can get away with starting both and know that one of them is going to hit big on the weekend and probably score enough for two) for an RB/TE combo, a noteworthy upgrade at QB, or a top-tier TE (less inclined to do this trade because TE's outside of a couple and it's usually not the Top 3 have a pretty similar level of production in full-point PPR leagues and the spikes are almost always TD-dependent).

In a 10-team league though, I'd feel solid enough about the depth you've got to shop for an upgrade on Garcon (and possibly even Jones, since I do think he's a regression candidate) and to stream QB or TE throughout the season, just make sure you stay ahead by a week in your waiver wire pickups to avoid the competition for your streaming candidates.

It's super hard to mock for this draft because its a 3 WR, 2 RB, and 2 Flex  full PPR. WRs will be a premium

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I just did a draft picking 11th and I have another one up where I am picking 12th. How concerned would you be about getting too many of the same players on too many of your teams?

I had that happen last year. I think you have to treat them separately. Take the highest guy on your board no matter what. Dont pick the 6th best guy when 5th is available because you have him on another team. Just like bye weeks and drafting multiple guys from the same team. Always take the best guy

Experimenting with a new draft strategy before I pick 12th in my PPR league later this week. Might post a few. 

Thoughts?

1st- Fournette  2. Julio Jones  3- Alex Collins  4. Kenyan Drake  5. Kerryon Jonson 6. Corey Davis 7. Sony Michel 8.Duke Johnson 9. Matthew Stafford 10. Jack Doyle 11. Marquise Lee 12. Anthony Miller 13. Geronimo Allison 14. Stephen Gostowski 15. Titans DST

QB- Stafford

RB- Fournette

RB- Collins

WR- Jones

WR- Davis

TE- Doyle

Flex- Drake

Flex- Duke Johnson

K- Gostkowski

DST- Titans

Bench- Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Marquise Lee, Anothey Miller, Geronimo Allison

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Experimenting with a new draft strategy before I pick 12th in my PPR league later this week. Might post a few. 

Thoughts?

1st- Fournette  2. Julio Jones  3- Alex Collins  4. Kenyan Drake  5. Kerryon Jonson 6. Corey Davis 7. Sony Michel 8.Duke Johnson 9. Matthew Stafford 10. Jack Doyle 11. Marquise Lee 12. Anthony Miller 13. Geronimo Allison 14. Stephen Gostowski 15. Titans DST

QB- Stafford

RB- Fournette

RB- Collins

WR- Jones

WR- Davis

TE- Doyle

Flex- Drake

Flex- Duke Johnson

K- Gostkowski

DST- Titans

Bench- Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Marquise Lee, Anothey Miller, Geronimo Allison

I like your depth at RB, but I don't care too much about Davis. 

Archived