Rate my Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

21 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

12 team auction draft:

QB: Cousins & Stafford

RB: Hunt, D. Freeman, Howard, Kerryon, Barber

WR: Juju, Goodwin, Fuller, Kupp, Meredith

TE: Olsen & Doyle(too cheap to turn down)

I actually love this draft. I know I don't have great WRs but I have a lot of potential and think I can piece together a decent lineup

Very solid QB combo.

Very good RB Corp. lots of potential starters.

I’m a big JuJu and Goodwin fan. It’d be nice to have one solid vet WR but I think you should be able to get by with your corp.

I think that Doyle is smart with Olsen’s age and coming off injury.

22 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

12 teams picking 11th:

QB: Rivers & Stafford

RB: Hunt, R. Freeman, C.Thompson, Mack

WR: Beckham, Juju, Goodwin, R.Anderson

TE: Ertz

I really hate the 3rd round. I took Ertz but there were so many WRs available that I consider the same and no RBs worth a darn. Also, having Thompson as my #3 RB in a standard league sucks

Again...very solid QB duo.

Not quite as strong at RB on this one. I like Hunt but I’m not a big fan of Freeman, and who knows what you’ll have with Thompson and Mack. I’d be looking for one more option...did Carson slip through?

very good WR Corp. 

Ertz is also awesome...but he’ll probably miss a few games. I’d have Goedert on speed dial. I’d also strongly consider someone like Hurst or Hooper who slip through sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Very solid QB combo.

Very good RB Corp. lots of potential starters.

I’m a big JuJu and Goodwin fan. It’d be nice to have one solid vet WR but I think you should be able to get by with your corp.

I think that Doyle is smart with Olsen’s age and coming off injury.

Again...very solid QB duo.

Not quite as strong at RB on this one. I like Hunt but I’m not a big fan of Freeman, and who knows what you’ll have with Thompson and Mack. I’d be looking for one more option...did Carson slip through?

very good WR Corp. 

Ertz is also awesome...but he’ll probably miss a few games. I’d have Goedert on speed dial. I’d also strongly consider someone like Hurst or Hooper who slip through sometimes. 

You really think Hurst is worth a roster spot?

40 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You really think Hurst is worth a roster spot?

Not if you’re confident that you’ll be able to get someone off waivers. But I like Hurst. I’m generally not a believer in rookie TEs, but Hurst has a lot going for him. He plays in an offense that has historically funneled the ball thriugh the TE position. He is also a good blocker and seems to have an advanced understanding of the position...may have something to due with his age. I don’t think he will be a TE1, but I think he could be a decent TE2.

12-team, standard scoring out of the #5-spot, (6-point TD's across the board; i.e. passing TD's too) - only 1 auto-drafter (I know because I was in the same room drafting live as the majority of the teams) and 1 kind of crazy drafter:

QB: Carson Wentz (in the 2nd to last round as the last QB taken)

RB: Zeke Elliott

RB: Christian McCaffrey

WR: Devante Adams

WR: Allen Robinson

TE: Ricky Seals-Jones

WR/RB: Rex Burkhead

WR/TE: Josh Gordon

DEF: Baltimore

K: Matt Bryant

BN: Sony MIchel

BN: Marquis Goodwin

BN: Kelvin Benjamin

22 hours ago, The LBC said:

12-team, standard scoring out of the #5-spot, (6-point TD's across the board; i.e. passing TD's too) - only 1 auto-drafter (I know because I was in the same room drafting live as the majority of the teams) and 1 kind of crazy drafter:

Wentz that late is crazy value. Worst casr scenarion You can stream for 2 weeks or so and then have a top 5 QB. 50/50 he plays week 1. 

38 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Wentz so late is crazy and how did you get Adams there? Top 3 picks are perfect 

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How did you get Johnson and Gordon? In a 2 pt PPR & point per rush I assume you drafted 3 or 4 but still Gordon should have gone by like pick 14-15 at worst. Ingram and Miller are a good pair to have as you assume Miller starts well will Foreman is hurt and Ingram returns to be decent. I think the WRs are great too. I'm big on Juju and not that worried about Baldwin's injury right now. Gordon and Funchess could be in for 1000 yard seasons too. Only thing I'm curious of is drafting a 2nd TE after spending a presumably high pick on Travis Kelce. I'd be very happy with this team

@sammymvpknight what do you think of my 2 above?

Believe it or not I was drafting 6th overall. I got Johnson at 6 and Gordon at 15. Nuts

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wentz so late is crazy and how did you get Adams there? Top 3 picks are perfect 

Davante actually lasted till the 19th pick (2nd round), I was actually picking between him and Keenan Allen and opted for Adams because this league scores TD's heavy and while I expect some TD regression from last season for both, I expect the Packers to throw for more TD's on the whole than the Chargers do this season.

33 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Davante actually lasted till the 19th pick (2nd round), I was actually picking between him and Keenan Allen and opted for Adams because this league scores TD's heavy and while I expect some TD regression from last season for both, I expect the Packers to throw for more TD's on the whole than the Chargers do this season.

If TDs a weighted heavier i would have done the same. That just means Caff fell even farther

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If TDs a weighted heavier i would have done the same. That just means Caff fell even farther

Yeah, what's weird was everyone was talking how they were targeting Caff but then I took him.  I was sitting there like, "I legit was running pro's and con's in my head of Adams versus Caff and how likely it was that a WR1 I felt secure in would make it back to my pick in Rd 3 versus a RB I was secure with (I figured McKinnon and Caff would be gone and I'd be looking at Alex Collins or Royce Freeman... they were both there).  And that's why I was cool with making a 5th round "semi-reach" on Burkhead (at least ahead of his ADP... I was going to be picking between him and Marshawn, but went with the guy with higher upside - Top 5 fantasy RB's tend to come on Top 5 fantasy offenses and the Raiders aren't going to be that).  I wanted 3 RB's that I felt were bulletproof every week they were available, because that let me be more aggressive later on.

13 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yeah, what's weird was everyone was talking how they were targeting Caff but then I took him.  I was sitting there like, "I legit was running pro's and con's in my head of Adams versus Caff and how likely it was that a WR1 I felt secure in would make it back to my pick in Rd 3 versus a RB I was secure with (I figured McKinnon and Caff would be gone and I'd be looking at Alex Collins or Royce Freeman... they were both there).  And that's why I was cool with making a 5th round "semi-reach" on Burkhead (at least ahead of his ADP... I was going to be picking between him and Marshawn, but went with the guy with higher upside - Top 5 fantasy RB's tend to come on Top 5 fantasy offenses and the Raiders aren't going to be that).  I wanted 3 RB's that I felt were bulletproof every week they were available, because that let me be more aggressive later on.

Dont you love it when in the end you don't actually have to decide? That's the best! 

10 Team - $250 Auction - Setup is kinda weird with defensive players and junk but here's how the important part went for me:

QB- Deshaun Watson ($18), Jimmy Garoppolo ($10)

RB-Jordan Howard($26), Jerick McKinnon ($25), Joe Mixon ($23), LeSean McCoy ($28), Gio Bernard ($1)

WR-Julio Jones($33), Michael Thomas($24), Doug Baldwin($20), Emmanuel Sanders($11), Julian Edelman($6)

TE-Evan Engram($10), George Kittle($1), Vernon Davis($1)

Here's the roster breakdown:

1 QB

2 RB

1 RB/WR

2 WR

1 TE

1 Flex

I just did a mock draft and did what every analyst tells you not to do...Went QB AND TE early. And honestly, I love how my team turned out..

12-team standard scoring...

QB: Aaron Rodgers 
RB: Leveon Bell 
RB: Duke Johnson 
WR: Larry Fitzgerald 
WR: Sammy Watkins
TE: Rob Gronkowski 
Flex: Emmanuel Sanders 
DST: New Orleans
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
Mark Ingram RB
TY Montgomery RB 
Cooper Kupp WR
Peyton Barber RB 
Chris Godwin WR
Jimmy Garoppolo QB 

- I don't know, has me rethinking my QB Strategy. There's so many good WRs you can snag up in the middle rounds. I love the look of this team. And yes I know it's a mock draft and the likelyhood of Rodgers slipping till the early 3rd is highly unlikely, but still...

Another team that I love and it's more realistic....Russell in the 3rd round...

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Mashawn Lynch
WR: Juju Smith Schuster
WR: Alshon Jeffrey 
Flex: Sammy Watkins
DST: Houston
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
Duke Johnson RB
Peyton Barber RB
DJ Moore WR 
Bilal Powell RB
Chris Godwin WR 

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I just did a mock draft and did what every analyst tells you not to do...Went QB AND TE early. And honestly, I love how my team turned out..

12-team standard scoring...

QB: Aaron Rodgers 
RB: Leveon Bell 
RB: Duke Johnson 
WR: Larry Fitzgerald 
WR: Sammy Watkins
Flex: Emmanuel Sanders 
DST: New Orleans
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
Mark Ingram RB
TY Montgomery RB 
Cooper Kupp WR
Peyton Barber RB 
Chris Godwin WR
Jimmy Garoppolo QB 

- I don't know, has me rethinking my QB Strategy. There's so many good WRs you can snag up in the middle rounds. I love the look of this team. And yes I know it's a mock draft and the likelyhood of Rodgers slipping till the early 3rd is highly unlikely, but still...

Another team that I love and it's more realistic....Russell in the 3rd round...

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Mashawn Lynch
WR: Juju Smith Schuster
WR: Alshon Jeffrey 
Flex: Sammy Watkins
DST: Houston
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
Duke Johnson RB
Peyton Barber RB
DJ Moore WR 
Bilal Powell RB
Chris Godwin WR 

Are you at #1? Because that is a solid strategy for the turn if you can walk away with Gurley/Bell Gronk and Rodgers.

Archived