Rate my Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like it for the most part. Not sure you had to take Smith when you did as its unlikely you bench Brady for him unless its a bye week. 

Hunt-McCaffrey is a good 1-2 punch and if Ingram comes back 80% the RB he was last year you have the best #3 RB in the league. I like Goodwin and Fuller a lot and Williams a little but the others are very much shots in the dark in standard leagues. 

Believe it or not, Smith was my last non defense/kicker pick (maybe second to last. May have picked him before Lee). At that point I figured why not lol

12 teams picking 11th:

QB: Rivers & Stafford

RB: Hunt, R. Freeman, C.Thompson, Mack

WR: Beckham, Juju, Goodwin, R.Anderson

TE: Ertz

I really hate the 3rd round. I took Ertz but there were so many WRs available that I consider the same and no RBs worth a darn. Also, having Thompson as my #3 RB in a standard league sucks

12 team auction draft:

QB: Cousins & Stafford

RB: Hunt, D. Freeman, Howard, Kerryon, Barber

WR: Juju, Goodwin, Fuller, Kupp, Meredith

TE: Olsen & Doyle(too cheap to turn down)

I actually love this draft. I know I don't have great WRs but I have a lot of potential and think I can piece together a decent lineup

10 team league redrafter. We start QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex, 1 TE. 2 points/reception, 2 point/rush attempt, bonus for 40+ yard plays  

QB: Wentz, Smith

WR: JSS, Baldwin, Gordon, Funchess, Agholor, Moore

RB: Johnson, Gordon, Miller, Ingram, Carson, Conner

TE: Kelce, Hurst

With 2 point per carry...I made it a priority to have at least 3 high volume rushers. I’m not a huge Gordon fan, but he should be a top 10 back easy in this format. Miller should be very strong the first part of the season after which Ingram will take over. I’m a big JSS fan. I wish I could have been a little stronger at WR, but only starting two, I felt it was more important to address other positions. And I really like my potential at WR.

8 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

10 team league redrafter. We start QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex, 1 TE. 2 points/reception, 2 point/rush attempt, bonus for 40+ yard plays  

QB: Wentz, Smith

WR: JSS, Baldwin, Gordon, Funchess, Agholor, Moore

RB: Johnson, Gordon, Miller, Ingram, Carson, Conner

TE: Kelce, Hurst

With 2 point per carry...I made it a priority to have at least 3 high volume rushers. I’m not a huge Gordon fan, but he should be a top 10 back easy in this format. Miller should be very strong the first part of the season after which Ingram will take over. I’m a big JSS fan. I wish I could have been a little stronger at WR, but only starting two, I felt it was more important to address other positions. And I really like my potential at WR.

How did you get Johnson and Gordon? In a 2 pt PPR & point per rush I assume you drafted 3 or 4 but still Gordon should have gone by like pick 14-15 at worst. Ingram and Miller are a good pair to have as you assume Miller starts well will Foreman is hurt and Ingram returns to be decent. I think the WRs are great too. I'm big on Juju and not that worried about Baldwin's injury right now. Gordon and Funchess could be in for 1000 yard seasons too. Only thing I'm curious of is drafting a 2nd TE after spending a presumably high pick on Travis Kelce. I'd be very happy with this team

@sammymvpknight what do you think of my 2 above?

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

12 teams picking 11th:

QB: Rivers & Stafford

RB: Hunt, R. Freeman, C.Thompson, Mack

WR: Beckham, Juju, Goodwin, R.Anderson

TE: Ertz

I really hate the 3rd round. I took Ertz but there were so many WRs available that I consider the same and no RBs worth a darn. Also, having Thompson as my #3 RB in a standard league sucks

I don't love the Ertz pick mainly because I'm a little down on him in production this year compared to his draft position.  Obviously my opinion on Goodwin has been pretty well stated, so I love that selection, especially as wr3. Freeman I'm sort of meh on. I haven't actually considered him a ton this year. I have no idea what to think on him at this point. 

Overall, I actually like this team. My biggest issue would probably be your rb2, but I'm good with the rest. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't love the Ertz pick mainly because I'm a little down on him in production this year compared to his draft position.  Obviously my opinion on Goodwin has been pretty well stated, so I love that selection, especially as wr3. Freeman I'm sort of meh on. I haven't actually considered him a ton this year. I have no idea what to think on him at this point. 

Overall, I actually like this team. My biggest issue would probably be your rb2, but I'm good with the rest. 

Unfortunately i think i will be in trouble if i cant go RB-RB just because round 3 is pretty much strictly WR territory as Mixon, Howard, Mckinnon will all be gone and then its gets hairy

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ertz's will be the focal point of the Offense especially if Alshon doesn't play or is limited to start the year. So he could get even more production or defenses will key on stopping him and the offense will go in another direction. I would tend to think the second. That is what Alshon did most of the year, people were keyed on him and Ertz and Agholor had huge years.

I love Royce Freeman this draft season and I would love to get him as an RB2 and especially a flex. I think he is the clear cut #1 in Denver and they are not going to ask Keenum to carry the team. I can see him getting a lot of work. Like @JaguarCrazy2832, I am at the turn this draft season and he is my fail safe pick at the top of round 4.

29 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ertz's will be the focal point of the Offense especially if Alshon doesn't play or is limited to start the year. So he could get even more production or defenses will key on stopping him and the offense will go in another direction. I would tend to think the second. That is what Alshon did most of the year, people were keyed on him and Ertz and Agholor had huge years.

I love Royce Freeman this draft season and I would love to get him as an RB2 and especially a flex. I think he is the clear cut #1 in Denver and they are not going to ask Keenum to carry the team. I can see him getting a lot of work. Like @JaguarCrazy2832, I am at the turn this draft season and he is my fail safe pick at the top of round 4.

I think ertz will be good for a te. You could certainly make the case that his production difference over a tight end you draft later will be greater than the alternative two receiver selects or running back selections. But you're still probably talking 900 yards. Touchdowns are variable, so I don't like prognosticating those, but 6-8 is reasonable. But the fact of the matter is to me that as a tight end, his counting numbers are largely going to be capped with minimal upward trajectory. He's not going to do much better (if at all) than the numbers I posted. 

I'm not keen on drafting tight end that early for the most part. That's a position I try to find value at in later rounds. Tight end isn't all that dissimilar than catcher in fantasy baseball. For years buster Posey was overdrafted because he was the clear cut number one catcher, but people never considered that his counting numbers were more in line with a player being drafted several rounds later. 

For me, I'll take the higher ceiling of someone else, but again, depending on the draft, at that spot and try to find the value later on at tight end. I get the thought process that the difference between ertz and the tight end you draft later >>> the difference in numbers between the wide receiver you take there and the wide receiver you'd take later which means drafting ertz is a bet gain. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think ertz will be good for a te. You could certainly make the case that his production difference over a tight end you draft later will be greater than the alternative two receiver selects or running back selections. But you're still probably talking 900 yards. Touchdowns are variable, so I don't like prognosticating those, but 6-8 is reasonable. But the fact of the matter is to me that as a tight end, his counting numbers are largely going to be capped with minimal upward trajectory. He's not going to do much better (if at all) than the numbers I posted. 

I'm not keen on drafting tight end that early for the most part. That's a position I try to find value at in later rounds. Tight end isn't all that dissimilar than catcher in fantasy baseball. For years buster Posey was overdrafted because he was the clear cut number one catcher, but people never considered that his counting numbers were more in line with a player being drafted several rounds later. 

For me, I'll take the higher ceiling of someone like cooks (just as an example) at that spot and try to find the value later on at tight end. I get the thought process that the difference between ertz and the tight end you draft later >>> the difference in numbers between the wide receiver you take there and the wide receiver you'd take later which means drafting ertz is a bet gain. 

I'm with you, I'm not looking to grab any TE early. I think rounds 7-8 are my sweet spot for TE's

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm with you, I'm not looking to grab any TE early. I think rounds 7-8 are my sweet spot for TE's

I feel the same way about the WRs in round 3. I feel like I can find a comparable option 2-3 rounds later easily except WR is so much deeper even if you can start up to 3 per team. I don't think there are 12 draft-worthy TEs in standard leagues

Boring football-less Sunday mock.

Pick 12 of 12 team PPR

RD1- Melvin Gordon   RD2- Leonard Fournette  RD3- Royce Freeman RD4- Allen Robinson  RD5- Chris Hogan RD6- Corey Davis RD7- Sammy Watkins RD8- Sony Michel  RD9- Nelson Agholor RD10- David Njoku RD11- Matthew Stafford RD12- Mike Williams RD13- Aaron Jones  RD14- Bilal Powell RD15- Titans DST RD16- Chris Boswell

QB- Stafford

RB- Gordon/Fournette

WR- Robinson/Hogan

TE- Njoku

Flex- Freeman

DST- Titans

K- Boswell

Bench RB's- Michel, Jones, Powell

Bench WR's- Davis, Watkins, Agholor, Williams

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Boring football-less Sunday mock.

Pick 12 of 12 team PPR

RD1- Melvin Gordon   RD2- Leonard Fournette  RD3- Royce Freeman RD4- Allen Robinson  RD5- Chris Hogan RD6- Corey Davis RD7- Sammy Watkins RD8- Sony Michel  RD9- Nelson Agholor RD10- David Njoku RD11- Matthew Stafford RD12- Mike Williams RD13- Aaron Jones  RD14- Bilal Powell RD15- Titans DST RD16- Chris Boswell

QB- Stafford

RB- Gordon/Fournette

WR- Robinson/Hogan

TE- Njoku

Flex- Freeman

DST- Titans

K- Boswell

Bench RB's- Michel, Jones, Powell

Bench WR's- Davis, Watkins, Agholor, Williams

Being afforded the opportunity of having Gordon-Fournette is a blessing and I wish I'd have that but I think its a pipe dream. I know LF doesn't have great PPR value but at 13 he is still a great pick imo. ARob, Hogan, Davis and Agholor are solid shots at WR. Stafford so late is good plus I like the late round shots at Jones and Williams. I think this is a pretty strong team. I hope I am as fortunate during my draft next week to piece together a strong 1-2 like you got there

Archived