Dolphins will enforce proper anthem conduct which could suspend a player up to 4 games

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

Cool. I hope your workers strike and put you out of business.

Laughable. They strike, don't get paid, and since they aren't overpaid like NFL players they likely don't have the security net. So their families suffer for it. Social justice warrior logic at its best.

Great logic there.

Just now, Sugashane said:

Laughable. They strike, don't get paid, and since they aren't overpaid like NFL players they likely don't have the security net. So their families suffer for it. Social justice warrior logic at its best.

Great logic there.

It's called seizing the means of production, buddy. Look into it.

Just now, Starless said:

It's called seizing the means of production, buddy. Look into it.

If you are someone with leverage, that might actually work.

NFL players have short careers, you're out of your damn mind if you think you'd get players to risk millions of dollars to make zero difference. You'd be lucky to get 10 to walk out, they would be low profile guys who would be replaced, fined, and likely suspended.

Then they get blackballed by the league like Kaep.

Easy to say when your money isn't on the line though, right buddy?

16 minutes ago, Starless said:

He can. And that's the problem. If I were on that roster, I'd orchestrate a walkout. Screw this bs. 

Why is it a problem that he can do that? Free speech doesn’t apply to your place of employment 

Just now, Sugashane said:

If you are someone with leverage, that might actually work.

NFL players have short careers, you're out of your damn mind if you think you'd get players to risk millions of dollars to make zero difference. You'd be lucky to get 10 to walk out, they would be low profile guys who would be replaced, fined, and likely suspended.

Then they get blackballed by the league like Kaep.

Easy to say when your money isn't on the line though, right buddy?

Oh, I thought you were talking about that other guy's business.

But yeah, the NFL is screwed. I do anticipate some kind of serious push-back against this kind of crap when the CBA is up but that won't be until, what, 2021?

6 minutes ago, Starless said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about that other guy's business.

But yeah, the NFL is screwed. I do anticipate some kind of serious push-back against this kind of crap when the CBA is up but that won't be until, what, 2021?

Ah. I see the disconnect.

I honestly wish they would compromise. If they want to do a moment of silence or whatever that's fine. I love that is is a peaceful protest, but the manner it was done in was sloppy IMO. Seemed like they were against the military first, which even after Kaep backtracked and stated his stance, he was screwed. First impressions, you know. If Kaep had been more open that he was speaking out against police brutality or not stuck his foot in his own mouth so much, he'd likely have been 100 times better off.

The fact that the NFLPA and owners haven't had more talks on this together this offseason (even regardless of the CBA) seems like a lackadaisical effort from both sides to me. If anything one could really drive their agenda if the other side refused to meet.

I still think Parrothead would hold the leverage in that scenario, barring high amounts of specialty in a certain roles. Most jobs can have people replaced within 2-3 weeks if need be, especially if anyone chooses to stay and promote up substantially. I definitely don't wish anyone financial or business woes unless they prove to be a horrendous person.

2 minutes ago, Starless said:
3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

do suspended players count against the active roster?

i wonder if the dolphins will use this to stash people

Pretty sure that's super-duper illegal.

how would people know?

just have the person they want to stash for a few games due to injury kneel that day.

Just now, Malfatron said:

how would people know?

just have the person they want to stash for a few games due to injury kneel that day.

And how would that be different that purposefully putting guys on IR who are "injured" just to prevent them from signing with other teams? The Ravens do this every single year.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

And how would that be different that purposefully putting guys on IR who are "injured" just to prevent them from signing with other teams? The Ravens do this every single year.

because, here they would only have to sit out "up to" 4 games

Archived