Jump to content
steelcurtain29

Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

Recommended Posts

Probably misses a week or 2.

 

Finney will get start...auditioning for starters job next year.

 

If I was Steelers, I’d be signing Boz and Finney to long term deals before week 1 this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Players mentioned for standing out during the 1st day in pads:

-Mathew Thomas was described as nearly impossible to block and showed nice blitzing ability. (He and Samuels are my favorite acquisitions which is kinda sad). 

-James Connor: Did a better job on blitz pickups (Backs on Backers)

-Farrington Huguenin (Who?) was said to show some nice pass rush moves

-Keon Adams: Was "slick" and hard to block

-Jake Rodgers: Did a nice job mirroring during the 1 on 1 drills as did Feiler. 

-Chuk Okorafor: Has really nice feet and is very strong but does not use his hands at all. 

https://www.steelers.com/video/practice-report-first-day-in-pads

Huguenin was Dupree’s teammate at Kentucky, I believe. Big bodied and power guy. I think he had a pretty good showing last off-season. I wouldn’t mind keeping 5 OLB’s. Bud, TJ, Chick(for special teams only) French Catholic, and Keion Adams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I’m going to get blasted for saying this but I’m going to anyway. I think we should look at Dez Bryant. If(big if) he’s willing to take a 1 year cheap deal, he’d be awesome with us. Imagine trying to stop AB, JuJu, Dez, Vance, and Bell. I think his issues in Dallas stemmed from the scheme. 

It'll never happen but AB just tweeted something about it. Fun to think about and get a rise out of you guys on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t realize that Matthew Thomas went undrafted or that the Steelers signed him. That’s a good signing and he adds good depth as a WILB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Huguenin was Dupree’s teammate at Kentucky, I believe. Big bodied and power guy. I think he had a pretty good showing last off-season. I wouldn’t mind keeping 5 OLB’s. Bud, TJ, Chick(for special teams only) French Catholic, and Keion Adams. 

I don't recall him when scouting Bud but I do remember Zadarious Smith. That guy kept stealing the highlight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I didn’t realize that Matthew Thomas went undrafted or that the Steelers signed him. That’s a good signing and he adds good depth as a WILB.

A great pickup and eventual starter IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know I’m going to get blasted for saying this but I’m going to anyway. I think we should look at Dez Bryant. If(big if) he’s willing to take a 1 year cheap deal, he’d be awesome with us. Imagine trying to stop AB, JuJu, Dez, Vance, and Bell. I think his issues in Dallas stemmed from the scheme. 

It'll never happen but AB just tweeted something about it. Fun to think about and get a rise out of you guys on here.

I think Dez would be alright here if him not getting signed so far would make him willing to accept an affordable deal.  Think we have solid enough WR coaching and it's a situation where he'd be coming in knowing he's clearly not gonna be the #1 guy so I think his issues would be manageable?  We take a shot every year on some athletic wr with mental/technique lapses constantly anyway (DHB/Hunter/etc), so it would at least be taking a shot on a guy who actually has had high end production at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My .02 about Foster...

 

I'd watch carefully. If he's not definitely 100% towards Week 1 (Regular Season) I'd consider the PUP list to give him another 6 weeks. We NEED him later on. The earlier games aren't that big of a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steelcurtain29 said:

My .02 about Foster...

 

I'd watch carefully. If he's not definitely 100% towards Week 1 (Regular Season) I'd consider the PUP list to give him another 6 weeks. We NEED him later on. The earlier games aren't that big of a deal.

Mike, is that you? I honestly think Finney is the better player already, and that Foster isn't competing for his spot because he's been a team guy/hasn't fallen off a cliff. So Foster missing time isn't a big deal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know I’m going to get blasted for saying this but I’m going to anyway. I think we should look at Dez Bryant. If(big if) he’s willing to take a 1 year cheap deal, he’d be awesome with us. Imagine trying to stop AB, JuJu, Dez, Vance, and Bell. I think his issues in Dallas stemmed from the scheme. 

It'll never happen but AB just tweeted something about it. Fun to think about and get a rise out of you guys on here.

as long as he doesn't become a distraction,  I can't see the problems other than cap issues and if we keep losing OL, we need to sign an OL 9_9 If AB gets along with Dez, then maybe there is a chance.  The offence after that has NO excuses, so keep that in mind. Dez is still a top notch WR , maybe not what he was but still a serious threat at times.  How much capsapce do we have ? OL might be $5M if thats the going rate these days . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

Mike, is that you? I honestly think Finney is the better player already, and that Foster isn't competing for his spot because he's been a team guy/hasn't fallen off a cliff. So Foster missing time isn't a big deal.

 

agree, and as for missing time, they really need to be careful about the bone bruise. If it takes 12 weeks, then let him sit for 12 weeks. He's lucky there wasn't meniscus damage, but lets see how team doctors handle this. Finney is better anyways, so no need to even think about risking bringing back foster too early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

My .02 about Foster...

 

I'd watch carefully. If he's not definitely 100% towards Week 1 (Regular Season) I'd consider the PUP list to give him another 6 weeks. We NEED him later on. The earlier games aren't that big of a deal.

Correct me if I’m wrong but he isn’t eligible for PUP since he practiced I believe. You need to start on the PUP list. Most likely just a gameday inactive would suffice as we generally have an OL there anyway. 

But overall agree with CK. I wouldn’t sweat a Foster miss, but it does hurt our depth. Like Finney in his next man up roll. Don’t feel overly confidant with who fills that role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×