BDL 2018 Summer Owners Meeting

SirA1

4 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I think you are viewing this in the wrong way. We have very few contracts that are 100% equal to the NFL. We have bigger rosters, a different draft pay scale, crazy back end of the roster contracts like Shark Tank and Waivers. 

I view the 3 Up as our modified version of a Keeper system like Fantasy Football. It's simply a tool. 

If you are worried about the "players" getting paid then that is also a fallacy since Joel Bitonio got about 2/3rd of what he would have gotten on a 3Up for a longer term in our cheaper version of FA.

Yes, this is a very different system than the NFL.  No disagreement there.

And I agree that 3Up as a keeper-type system.  But I do think that leaving it as is would be the best approach.  We are increasing cap to allow people to keep more of their own guys.  FA is already pretty bare.  While we can justify a number of our rules, I just see no reason for this aside from us gifting ourselves more cap space.

And one player falling outside the norm is no reason to tweak the system.  

I say we keep it at 85%.  We don't need to be that greedy.  Plus, it means people have to be that much more discerning when giving out 3Ups.

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

An all BDL team of shark tank guys would be a formidable opponent.

I think that would also depend on the year.  What team could you make this year?  But me possibly being wrong on this one aspect during one year doesn't invalidate my overall point.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think that would also depend on the year.  What team could you make this year?  But me possibly being wrong on this one aspect during one year doesn't invalidate my overall point.

Shark tank guys usually get a long term deal in the off season. This rule is impactful considering QBs (amongst other positions) are going to get major contracts in the upcoming years. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Shark tank guys usually get a long term deal in the off season. This rule is impactful considering QBs (amongst other positions) are going to get major contracts in the upcoming years. 

I would agree to this proposal if it only applied to QBs.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I would agree to this proposal if it only applied to QBs.

I think there’s a fair case for both sides here. Draft before FA is important bc some teams compensate major financial capital. Compromises the above average talents into shark tank.

I think our current structure with new rule changes have already made next off season quite a change.

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I think there’s a fair case for both sides here. Draft before FA is important bc some teams compensate major financial capital. Compromises the above average talents into shark tank.

I think our current structure with new rule changes have already made next off season quite a change.

Your last sentence is close to where I am.  We just made a few changes, and I would prefer to wait and see how those changes affect BDL before agreeing to even more.

So the only situation where I would agree to this further decrease would be for QBs.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Your last sentence is close to where I am.  We just made a few changes, and I would prefer to wait and see how those changes affect BDL before agreeing to even more.

So the only situation where I would agree to this further decrease would be for QBs.

This would be a sure fire approval if we didn’t decide to have the NFL salary. 

Archived