BDL 2018 Summer Owners Meeting

SirA1

So today's topic is an interesting one and I kind of like it.

The undrafted rookies IRL would probably want to play for the better teams. 

Basically instead of giving the worst team another handout that is usually wasted, winning the Bizz bowl will actually get you a benefit.

Yes to No 5.

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

So today's topic is an interesting one and I kind of like it.

The undrafted rookies IRL would probably want to play for the better teams. 

Basically instead of giving the worst team another handout that is usually wasted, winning the Bizz bowl will actually get you a benefit.

Yes to No 5.

Eh. The whole advantage to the draft order is that it helps the bad teams get better, Considering we do our draft before the real NFL draft (and we're not experts) there is a little bit of guessing that is eliminated by knowing which team a player landed; considering the PFA period is an extension of the draft I think it should stay as it is. I understand that IRL UDFAs get to pick their team and would generally rather go to a winner but UDFAs also have various things to compare such as depth charts, what kind of money is being offered, the city they want to live in, and other things that can't be added to the BDL without bringing in bias. 

All that said.... I think it should stay the same. No to 5.

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

Also, I think the reasoning here is wrong. I'm almost completely certain that undrafted players care more about going to the team that gives them the best chance of making the roster. 

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

UDFAs also have various things to compare such as depth charts, what kind of money is being offered, the city they want to live in, and other things that can't be added to the BDL without bringing in bias. 

I'm on the same page as you Whicker. I like the idea of shaking it up a bit but the reasoning is off.

An auction idea would be cool but I'm shooting from the hip and have no other ideals/details to flesh it all out.

I can see the argument for both sides but worse teams usually have more room for UDFAs so I'll just say keep it as is.

But I wouldn't mind a randomized draft order, makes it similar to IRL since in the end the players are usually guessing if they can make a roster. 

No to 5. 

Archived