BDL 2018 Summer Owners Meeting

SirA1

22 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Well I'm glad we're looking out for player welfare in an internet GM league xDxD

I cede to the majority

For me it's not about supposed player welfare, but the fact that contract length is abused during FA bidding 

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

For me it's not about supposed player welfare, but the fact that contract length is abused during FA bidding 

Is it though? The only player in FA who got a 6 year deal this year got 11,500 per year and he's an elite player in his prime.

I'd rather raise the threshold for 6yrs deals in FA so we don't get anymore of these 6yr/$3000 per year BS than forbid 6yr deals altogether. Let's say minimum bid for 6yrs deal in FA is 10k a year and I'm fine with it. 

EDIT: many thanks to MD4L

On 7/22/2018 at 8:35 PM, SirA1 said:

We're going to try something different this time. I'll post a topic for discussion and then we'll discuss and vote after about 12 hours of discussion starting at Noon the next day. One Topic a day until the end of the week. There are only 7 topics so we'll be done hopefully by Sunday. I'll preview the next day's topic. This way the important stuff will hit when PR is back.

Topic 1: Match BDL Salary Cap to previous years' NFL Salary Cap. This would repeal and replace any previous BDL Salary cap formula increases.

Topic 2: 7/24 Noon Vote

Franchise Tag - Tag someone for 1 year at the average of the top 5 players at their position in the BDL if they're set to become a UFA. (WFLukic)

Topic 3: 7/25 Noon Vote

Reduce the Max Contract size for BDL players from 6 to 5 years. 

Topic 1 Yes (already voted)
Topic 2 No (Unless replacing one of the 3 ups)
Topic 3 Yes

On 7/23/2018 at 9:03 PM, SirA1 said:

OK so it looks like the best idea is a 1 year trailing increase in our cap to match the previous years NFL Cap. I would like to get at least 10 Yes votes since this is a serious topic.

Topic 1: Match BDL Salary Cap to previous years' NFL Salary Cap. This would repeal and replace any previous BDL Salary cap formula increases.

Yes (12): Pheltz, Hockey, BCB, Ragnarok, Xmad, Lukic, Dingo, Counselor, JLash, Ruskie, SirA, PR

No (2) - MD4L, Footsy

@Whicker @TedLavie

I went with those in support of the 1 year trailing for the yes votes. Everyone else sound off it you are able to please.

FWIW the difference between what our current 2019 Cap and the new one would only be $2,750 higher.

I'll go ahead and vote Yes for Topic 1 since it seems like everyone is on board.

Topic 2: Add a Franchise Tag at the Avg of the Top 5 BDL players salary fo UFA's.

No (12) - Whicker, Pheltz, Xmad, Counselor, Ragnarok, TedLavie, JLash, Hockey, Ruskie, SirA, Dingo, PR

Archived