BDL 2018 Summer Owners Meeting

SirA1

21 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

6th and 7th round to 4 years is meaningless. You can always sub 500 those guy later. The hit rate on those is minimal anyway. There is no reason to differentiate things round, by round when the 5th is all that matters.

Yea that's basically what i mean 

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

That's an entirely different animal. People don't want to pay FA as it is now. Raising the minimum is not going to help that cause.

I'm proposing raising the starting min by just a bit for simplicities sake and got backlash from it.

I think that's because our cap is/was too small. Half of us are paying / will pay 20K+ for a QB. Add in let's say 3 players at 10K+ and you have 20/25% of the cap on 5 players. 

That we voted for an alignment with the NFL Cap, maybe that issue disappear and we're back at seeing 6yrs/$3000 per which are stupid. 5 or 6 year deal should, like IRL, be offered to star players (I'd say 8K at a minimum). It would also prevent owners from signing dumb 6yr deal that need to be 3downed after 2 years, but that's something else.

9 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic 3: Reduce the FA Max Contract size for BDL players from 6 to 5 years. 

Yes (9) - Footy, SirA, JLash, XMad, Ruskie, MD4L, Dingo, PR, Pheltz

No (4) - Whicker, BCB, Hockey, Ted

No Movement yet. I'll keep this topic open til Midnight tonight and then call it in favor of the majority.

22 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic 4: Increase # of years on mid and late round draft picks (Rounds 5-7) from 3 years to 4 years.

Yes (1) - PR, 

No (9) - SirA, Whicker, Dingo, Pheltz, MD4L, Lukic, Ragnarok, BCB, Hockey

Updated results.

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

I think that's because our cap is/was too small. Half of us are paying / will pay 20K+ for a QB. Add in let's say 3 players at 10K+ and you have 20/25% of the cap on 5 players. 

That we voted for an alignment with the NFL Cap, maybe that issue disappear and we're back at seeing 6yrs/$3000 per which are stupid. 5 or 6 year deal should, like IRL, be offered to star players (I'd say 8K at a minimum). It would also prevent owners from signing dumb 6yr deal that need to be 3downed after 2 years, but that's something else.

Until this year our Cap was higher than the NFL cap. Cap isn't the problem. It's the Huge Roster sizes (70+), which I have been saying for years was the issue. If we had reduced down to 60 man rosters that extra salary cap space from those 10 players could have also covered for paying for rising player salaries.

10 hours ago, SirA1 said:

We'll go ahead and fire off the Vote on Topic #4.

Topic 4: Increase # of years on mid and late round draft picks (Rounds 5-7) from 3 years to 4 years.

Yes - 

No (3) - SirA, Whicker, Dingo

Yes to topic 4

It matches IRL deals.

10 hours ago, PR said:

Yes to topic 4

It matches IRL deals.

Keep fighting the good fight.

So Topic 3 has passed. I adjusted the new Rules doc to match up with the new 5 year limit and removed references to 6 year deals in UFA. So now the only way to do a 5 year deal is with a 3 Up or normal extension which will pay that player an appropriate amount anyway so is good IMO. 

Archived