What would you offer for Khalil Mack?

Humble_Beast

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gronk for Mack would truly be a terrible trade for the Raiders. Mack is younger, plays a much more important position and has zero injury concerns.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Dont'a Hightower

Stephone Gilmore

Third Round Pick (x2)

That's the most. Or...

Rob Gronkowski

Dont'a Hightower

Or...

Rob Gronkowski

Eric Rowe

Third Round Pick

1 hour ago, honkeytonk said:

That's what I see happening.  Maybe a #2 to sweeten the deal.  I  really think that is where Mark is headed.  Probably Brady's last year so BB would give a s**t about his pissy little attitude.

Yeah I get the feeling something is up with Gronk. I wouldn't be mad at this point. It would take more than just Gronk probably with his injury history, retirement talks, wild behavior, and being like five years older than Mack.

3 hours ago, honkeytonk said:

Doesn't appear that the Raiders intend to pay him what he wants either. 

If he really wants $22 mil per season then I have no problem with us not giving him what he wants.  It’ll be a lot cheaper to keep him this year at $14mil and then use the franchise tag twice.  Once he and his agents figure out that they don’t have leverage for that contract hopefully they come back down to $19-20 mil.  

13 minutes ago, daineraider said:

If he really wants $22 mil per season then I have no problem with us not giving him what he wants.  It’ll be a lot cheaper to keep him this year at $14mil and then use the franchise tag twice.  Once he and his agents figure out that they don’t have leverage for that contract hopefully they come back down to $19-20 mil.  

Did that the $22 million number leak from Mack's camp ?
Or is this the Raiders letting their fan base know they are doing everything possible -   but Mack's agents are asking for too much.

The Court of public opinion is always in session

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Did that the $22 million number leak from Mack's camp ?
Or is this the Raiders letting their fan base know they are doing everything possible -   but Mack's agents are asking for too much.

The Court of public opinion is always in session

Not sure where it came from, just going off of reports I read, which obviously could be completely fabricated.  I’m guessing they are waiting on Donald to see where the market gets set at.  $20 mil per season is where I’m assuming they both end up.

2 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

With all the DL talent projected to be available in the 2019 draft, this could be the worst time for Donald & Mack to seek out bigtime contracts. 

Because unheralded rooks are gonna prevent elite defensive players in their prime from getting paid...

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

So rookies next year will affect contracts this year...

The mental gymnastics I'm seeing in this thread are too much.

Mental gymnastics nothing. The big money for Mack & Donald will begin in 2019. That's when a big talent influx of DLinemen (10+ maybe)will be available to draft for pennies on the dollar. No team is truly guaranteed any of these new DLinemen, but they could nab one with a trade up if they really wanted to.

And I imagine a lot of these FA Dlinemen, esp. over 30yo, in 2019 will either not be signed, or be signed/extended at more modest-than-expected contracts, when 2019 draft rolls around.

On 8/4/2018 at 4:20 PM, Packerraymond said:

With the Packers you'd have to run it by Aaron first as he'd have to make sacrifices in his new contract to bring in Mack and give him a long term deal.

If he gave it the green light I'd offer the higher of the 2 firsts we end up with this year, a conditional pick ranging from a 1st to 4th next year tied into Mack's performance and also team success and Clay Matthews because I'm sure an old former Gruden grinder would get his blood pumping, and the 10+ mil he would free up we could use to dump a lot of Mack's cap hit in year 1. Then maybe wait and do Aaron's deal next year.

The Packers didn't consult their QB when they fired the OC and QB coach, and they didn't say anything to him when Jordy Nelson is cut.

Aaron Rodgers is a player, not the general manager. He has no say. The Packers would make the move and then talk to Rodgers, because the Franchise holds all the chips in this instance.

Archived