Chris Archer traded to the Pirates

August4th

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I just don't understand the Pirates. What is their organizational direction? Cause it certainly seems like it's "screw it we'll do it live".

Perpetual mediocrity?  That seems like the direction to me.

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I just don't understand the Pirates. What is their organizational direction? Cause it certainly seems like it's "screw it we'll do it live".

Don't worry Pirate fans don't understand them either. They don't have a direction unless that direction is to show how incompetent a front office can be. When they were actual contenders they didn't make any big moves. Had to keep their precious prospects. Now when they are a .500 team they sell the farm despite trading away Cole earlier this year for scraps. The owner is a piece of crap. Constant lies from the front office. I would have had no problem if they did a rebuild but you have to be committed to it. Don't  half - you know what - it. The 11 game win streak right before the trading deadline put pressure on the front office to make a move instead of sticking to rebuilding. Huntington said he would make moves if they played better. Of course he figured they wouldn't but they did and it put him in a bad position. This will perpetually be an ordinary team.  

Hurdle is way past his expiration date as a manager yet they give him a freaking four year deal prior to the season. No power in the minors. One decent pitching prospect and that's it. At least they received back controllable pitchers in the two deadline deals but it's too bad they didn't have this dedication to improve the team when they were at the top of the standings a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Chris Archer has been an absolute dumpster fire since joining the Pirates.  Yeesh.

Was at the game. He was bad but tbh his defense let him down in a huge way. Should have been like a 3 runs allowed start instead of 6.

But this trade was bad from the get-go. Why anyone would give up on Glasnow is beyond me, and you don't get to claim that OF isn't a huge need when you're playing Corey Dickerson in LF.

On 8/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, hrubes20 said:

Chris Archer has been an absolute dumpster fire since joining the Pirates.  Yeesh.

Hate to break it to you but it's just been a growing dumpster fire for years.  I didn't get why people hated what the Rays got for him.  They did great.

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If anything it’s a humongous indictment on the Pirates’ player dev and coaching. They’ve taken the mantle from the Twins for the most backward, one dimensional system.

You shouldn’t have multiple guys implementing obvious changes and becoming stars overnight.

Archived