Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

8 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

And Ohio St fans can't be right b/c of their fandom? Believe it or not, dude, there are some people out there who aren't bias nutjobs when it comes to sports.

The woman was abused and it sounds like she abused as well. It looks like the definition of a dysfunctional relationship. Those are quite common, unfortunately. If you feel that some women don't stick w/ abusive relationships b/c of money then I dont know what to tell you. It is very obvious you're not informed here. There are plenty of examples and articles you can read to give you this info. Most of the time, these women stay in these relationships w/ those who have a lot of money; professional athletes, coaches, movie stars, business tycoons etc etc.

And, again, b/c I'm sure you're going to conveniently forget this: I do not necessarily believe this is what has transpired. I am merely suggesting that it is a possibility, b/c it is. I do not, will not, and have never condoned the behavior of that ******* Zach Smith. He deserves everything he's going to get. 

When an Ohio State fan comes forward with anywhere near the amount of information McMurphy has presented instead of posting on Bucknuts about a scoop they have that "proves" Courtney Smith is just a ***** looking for money, we can talk. Apparently, about 50% of Buckeye fans have some sort of connection to the Smiths, or know somebody who knows the Smiths, and they're the ones with the real story, and every time, Courtney Smith is pretty much the villain, but the story is never quite the same as the last one about her transgressions. 

But I guess it's okay because Urban's apparently telling the other 50% of Ohio State fans that it'll blow over and it's all because of Me Too BS and trying to put on a good face.

Do you believe this guy's story? He says he has a good source, and why would he be the one to lie?

Just got word from a good source that this whole thing is a hack job between ESPN and the SEC. Think about the whole thing, as long as Urban Meyer coaches the Buckeyes the SEC and ESPN are not relevant but with Meyer gone they put the Buckeyes and the Big 10 back on there place. I totally support this theory. The media at best are total hacks and have zero class. We must stand together for OUR COACH!! Let’s beat back the crooked media whatever it takes.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Board/120/Contents/SEC-ESPN-IS-IN-ON-THIS-120348053/

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

When an Ohio State fan comes forward with anywhere near the amount of information McMurphy has presented instead of posting on Bucknuts about a scoop they have that "proves" Courtney Smith is just a ***** looking for money, we can talk. Apparently, about 50% of Buckeye fans have some sort of connection to the Smiths, or know somebody who knows the Smiths, and they're the ones with the real story, and every time, Courtney Smith is pretty much the villain, but the story is never quite the same as the last one about her transgressions. 

I've only seen about 2-3 people claim they have any ties to the family or know them. Since you know 50%, could you please tell me more so I can see what they have to say or did you exaggerate that number due to potential bias?

At least you didn't claim no women stay in abusive relationships for monetary gain though. We seem to agree there. 

4 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Do you believe this guy's story? He says he has a good source, and why would he be the one to lie?

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Board/120/Contents/SEC-ESPN-IS-IN-ON-THIS-120348053/

I see what you're doing but unfortunately their conspiracy theory holds no water. What I suggested as a possibility is an actual possibility and happens quite often, unfortunately. What's he's suggesting is something he thought of probably smoking a blunt on the couch. Sorry, swing and a miss.

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I've only seen about 2-3 people claim they have any ties to the family or know them. Since you know 50%, could you please tell me more so I can see what they have to say or did you exaggerate that number due to potential bias?

At least you didn't claim no women stay in abusive relationships for monetary gain though. We seem to agree there. 

It's hyperbolic - the point is that on Bucknuts alone, there have been multiple threads of people saying "I know someone who knows Urban and he said blah blah blah," or "I have a good source who says blah blah blah." Somehow, Urban's out talking to tons of people, and tons of people have intimate knowledge of the Smiths' personal life - but the only with any real evidence out there is Brett McMurphy.

I'm not about to sit here and victim blame and say that women are greedy golddiggers just looking for a paycheck, and that Courtney Smith sat through abuse for years just so she could get money.

Regardless of anything else let's get back to some of the facts right now.

-It seems that Courtney Smith doesn't/may not fall under the Title IX protections and therefore any requirement of Meyer or other staff members is non-existent.

-There is wording in Meyer's contract that someone posted at some point which may or may not get him in trouble based on that in regards to his comments to the media if he did in fact know about the accusations for 2015.  Also some ambiguous language on another part of his contract.

So the only legal/contractual/regulation problem that Meyer might have is his comment at media day about not knowing about the 2015 incident, which the severity of that in regards to how tOSU decides to look at it seems to be his biggest issue, based on any actual legal aspect of it.

Now this is not taking into account the PR situation/lynch mob looking for Meyer's head for not firing Smith back in 2015, if he in fact knew about the accusation.  This has no actual legal basis for firing Meyer, so would cost the University a lot of money even in a settlement, but could also be resolved with a suspension, a statement from Meyers, and a donation similar to that of what happened at Colorado.

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

It's hyperbolic - the point is that on Bucknuts alone, there have been multiple threads of people saying "I know someone who knows Urban and he said blah blah blah," or "I have a good source who says blah blah blah." Somehow, Urban's out talking to tons of people, and tons of people have intimate knowledge of the Smiths' personal life - but the only with any real evidence out there is Brett McMurphy.

I'm not about to sit here and victim blame and say that women are greedy golddiggers just looking for a paycheck, and that Courtney Smith sat through abuse for years just so she could get money.

I'm not victim blaming either (although I did choose a poor choice of words earlier) just suggesting what someone said might be true b/c it happens often and is certainly in the realm of possibilities. I'm not seeing why this is so hard for you to grasp. You are also conveniently leaving out a very key word I used in "some" to say "some women are all about money".... b/c they are. Is this one of those situations? Probably not. Could it be? Possibly so.

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Should have known this was going to happen. 

I'm going to be really generous to OSU fans here and hope that it is just some of them in the bargaining phase of the stages of grief. But man the 247 site has been a cesspool from the moment this broke.

The stages of grief for a sports fan whose team is in a scandal:

Denial
Anger
Character assassination
Bargaining
Depression
Ponder alternate options to fill vacancy
Acceptance
Block all memory and knowledge of scandal

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

The kids are the only people I have sympathy for. If this woman chose to stay in this abusive relationship for monetary gain, that's on her. Again, if it turns out this is not true, I retract my statements.

This is AWFUL.

“If she chose to stay in”

That shows a total lack of understanding of domestic abuse situations.

26 minutes ago, winitall said:

Apologies on the phrasing. I meant for it to come across that all of these random message board sources are made up and it took them 2 days to make up with random crap but got careless in getting that across. 

Agreed 100%, just wanted to back this up even more. It's not like this was 2 days and then reputable people can start refuting stuff. Nothing wrong with that.

It just took 2 days for Buckeye fans on bad websites to become so desperate for anything exculpatory that they'll start upvoting the money grubbing misogynistic crap that was there from there start.

Just now, WeaponX said:

This is AWFUL.

“If she chose to stay in”

That shows a total lack of understanding of domestic abuse situations.

I used a poor choice of words earlier in this discussion to suggest there may be a different motive out there. I admit that. My bad.

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The stages of grief for a sports fan whose team is in a scandal:

Denial
Anger
Character assassination
Bargaining
Depression
Say it wasn't as bad as your rival school's controversy
Ponder alternate options to fill vacancy
Acceptance
Block all memory and knowledge of scandal

Excellent post. Added one, but it needs a snappier title.

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I used a poor choice of words earlier in this discussion to suggest there may be a different motive out there. I admit that. My bad.

Your ideas were bad, not your word choice. (Well tbh your word choice was bad too but the ideas are what actually matter.)

16 minutes ago, Raves said:

Regardless of anything else let's get back to some of the facts right now.

-It seems that Courtney Smith doesn't/may not fall under the Title IX protections and therefore any requirement of Meyer or other staff members is non-existent.

-There is wording in Meyer's contract that someone posted at some point which may or may not get him in trouble based on that in regards to his comments to the media if he did in fact know about the accusations for 2015.  Also some ambiguous language on another part of his contract.

So the only legal/contractual/regulation problem that Meyer might have is his comment at media day about not knowing about the 2015 incident, which the severity of that in regards to how tOSU decides to look at it seems to be his biggest issue, based on any actual legal aspect of it.

Now this is not taking into account the PR situation/lynch mob looking for Meyer's head for not firing Smith back in 2015, if he in fact knew about the accusation.  This has no actual legal basis for firing Meyer, so would cost the University a lot of money even in a settlement, but could also be resolved with a suspension, a statement from Meyers, and a donation similar to that of what happened at Colorado.

Am I missing anything here from things that are actually going on so far since we are getting off topic here, myself partly to blame as well.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Your ideas were bad, not your word choice.

I don't think suggesting there was a motive for her to stay in this relationship was bad. It's just an opinion b/c it unfortunately happens. In a perfect world, we would never have to have this discussion and I would love it. That's fictional though and this world is full of terrible people and no gender is exempt unfortunately.

Archived