Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Him

herman

durkin 

those three are on my short list

Feel like Durkin hasn't impressed enough to get a job like OSU. He's struggled to lock down local talent, and while his teams have had QB injuries, they just aren't that impressive all around.

Campbell would be a big leap, but he has some major wins in his pocket as HC already, and he's recruiting his *** off at ISU, of all places.

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Feel like Durkin hasn't impressed enough to get a job like OSU. He's struggled to lock down local talent, and while his teams have had QB injuries, they just aren't that impressive all around.

Campbell would be a big leap, but he has some major wins in his pocket as HC already, and he's recruiting his *** off at ISU, of all places.

Durkin makes the list because of his background and Ohio connections. I would want Campbell the most then Herman

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Campbell would be a friggin' HR hire for tOSU.

Feel like he needs to avoid falling flat on his face, and the job is probably his. Has seemed like a guy who's going to go to whichever of OSU/ND/UM opens first, and, surprisingly, it's probably OSU.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Campbell would be a friggin' HR hire for tOSU.

He's from Cleveland, played at Mount Union, and coached at Toledo......he makes a bunch of sense, but I'd be interested to see how Day does as well

also my opinion is if Urban gets fired he deserved everything because he should've just told the truth in the first place

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean honestly OSU is one of the most desirable jobs in CFB. I'd make Lincoln Reily, Chip Kelly, David Shaw, and a bunch of NFL guys who might not feel safe long term say no first.

The NFL's a hard route because a lot of those guys are not going to want to put up with recruiting. Look at Chip at UCLA - that dude really does not care for recruiting (but he's probably still going to have some great teams).

1 minute ago, zelbell said:

He's from Cleveland, played at Mount Union, and coached at Toledo......he makes a bunch of sense, but I'd be interested to see how Day does as well

also my opinion is if Urban gets fired he deserved everything because he should've just told the truth in the first place

Tough thing about Day is that even with Urban out, it's incredibly likely that this OSU team is still going to be very, very good, so you can't necessarily get an idea for how good of a head coach he is.

Ok, so the only issue here seems really to be whether or not Meyer knew about the 2015 incident and reported it to the university?  I dont see how anything else is an issue.  There is no law saying you cant hire or decide not to fire someone based on domestic violence accusations and since it was already reported to the police and being investigated he had no requirement to report the incident there and to just be cooperative if asked questions by police right.

I mean outside of one specific instance in his contract i dont see the issue here or why he should be fired. 

Archived