Brandon Lafell Cut

ochocinco4pres

Just now, johndeere1707 said:
4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Does this mean I should be targeting Ross as a late round flyer in my fantasy draft?

It’s tough to say. Ross or Boyd

My uneducated guess: talent wins out and Ross has the better numbers by years end.  Probably more up and down, but he'll have some big games with his explosive talent.

20 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Were you looking to create a thread where everyone agreed?

Haha, well it seemed that there was still thought that they'd keep Lafell no matter what.  I think you yourself said they wouldn't cut him (that was a few days ago).  I wanted to see if those opinions had changed.

37 minutes ago, theJ said:

Haha, well it seemed that there was still thought that they'd keep Lafell no matter what.  I think you yourself said they wouldn't cut him (that was a few days ago).  I wanted to see if those opinions had changed.

Oh, I thought you meant creating a thread on should we cut him.  Not that we will.  Needless to say, I am surprised but happy that we did it.

The driving factor I think to the cut was that LaFell asked to be cut.  Bengals know that they have to 'honor' contracts so they can underpay players. If they start cutting players they lose that ability...

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

LaFell was the perfect cut.  We really need to extend Geno with that extra cash.  I'm fine with using it on Dunlap as well, but we really should extend Geno first.  He's more vital and we have literally no one that can do what he does for our team...

I agree with the sentiment, but signing Dunlap first and then tagging Geno is much easier than signing Geno and tagging Dunlap.

Archived