Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

SO it is OK for you to make assumptions, but no one else can raise a counter point of another possible reason why Mack might want out of OAK?

In the stuff you quoted, I don't see an assumption (maybe I'm just missing it)... or I think it's exaggeration or something else... because certain people (I think before you got into this thread) were making half arguments and ignoring the other half... when I was talking about the whole. As it's not the draft picks or the cash, it's BOTH.  

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Do you know 1st hand what the Raiders are looking for?   If they are actually shopping Mack?

Yeah, I do..................

No nobody does. But common sense tells me this.

A. If Mack was on MY team and we took 2 late firsts and Clay ******* Matthews for him, I would probably consider finding a new team.

B. The fact everyone does OMG he's the best player on Earth, here let's give this trash for him, it's a no brainer!!! Well, that means it's not enough. If there's any feeling that you are getting the best deal for a guy of this caliber, then you probably are not even close to the deal. The deal will probably "hurt" from our side, as it should. When we give up late firsts and guys we were gonna cut that are all "mediocre." Then guess what? It's not a real thing.

C. Do you REALLY think none of the other 30 teams would beat that offer? Possibly two picks in the last 8 of the first round and Clay. Nobody would beat that? Gimme a break.

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

SO it is OK for you to make assumptions, but no one else can raise a counter point of another possible reason why Mack might want out of OAK?

Even if he does, surely someone would top 2 late firsts and Clay.....

Maybe he wants out, but doesn't want to live in Wisconsin, you could do this crap for days.

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

That hasn't been the rumor, that he wants out, so far anyways. Just wishful thinking.

So we should make him the highest paid non QB by a bunch of millions? 

But we can't. So don't worry about erecting a Gute statue just yet.

Some are saying that Mack is bad, so is that not awful thinking?  

A team that has been void of elite D talent should strongly consider adding elite D talent if it becomes available for trade.  That certainly comes at a high cost.  

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Some are saying that Mack is bad, so is that not awful thinking?  

A team that has been void of elite D talent should strongly consider adding elite D talent if it becomes available for trade.  That certainly comes at a high cost.  

Someone said he was bad? I'm lost.

I'm not anti adding elite talent.........how is that even said to me? I'm the one saying it's a high cost. Nobody IMO has come close to what it would be. You'd better believe, IMO, we'd have to give one of our better plays back, not just guys we want to cut, with the firsts, and then some.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

No nobody does. But common sense tells me this.

A. If Mack was on MY team and we took 2 late firsts and Clay ******* Matthews for him, I would probably consider finding a new team.

B. The fact everyone does OMG he's the best player on Earth, here let's give this trash for him, it's a no brainer!!! Well, that means it's not enough. If there's any feeling that you are getting the best deal for a guy of this caliber, then you probably are not even close to the deal. The deal will probably "hurt" from our side, as it should. When we give up late firsts and guys we were gonna cut that are all "mediocre." Then guess what? It's not a real thing.

C. Do you REALLY think none of the other 30 teams would beat that offer? Possibly two picks in the last 8 of the first round and Clay. Nobody would beat that? Gimme a break.

Did you think Peters would go for what he did?   Talib?  Chandler Jones?  

There are trades made often that leave many scratching their heads.  

Just now, squire12 said:

Did you think Peters would go for what he did?   Talib?  Chandler Jones?  

There are trades made often that leave many scratching their heads.  

Those guys are all ****** bags. Mack has no issues that anyones ever told me. And he has no injury history. He was a superior player to all. Just won DPOY.

It's not impossible for guys to go cheap. I don't see this being the case.

12 minutes ago, snackattack said:

Gotcha, i didnt read your initial point. Im just saying there is a plausible scenario in which the raiders dont negotiate that deal with him and perhaps would cut their losses and trade him while the getting is good. I agree there is a point where i wouldnt be willing to pay so much, but i would be willing to give up a lot for him

I think we got different values of Mack, but otherwise we very much agree on most of this. There are many plausible scenarios... but at the same time the Raiders aren't willing to simply pay him a huge contract... and some just want to throw a huge amount of draft capital and then sign him to a huge contract on top of it. I have no problem with one or the other, but I question the value of doing both... especially in a sport where one hit can take a guys complete career away from him.

See Nick Collins and Sam Shields as guys the Packers invested heavily into contract wise... and then one hit took each of them out and left the Packers with the huge contract bill to pay and no healthy talent to go with it. You got to be careful putting all your eggs in one basket in this game.

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think he's referring to my comment... I didn't literally mean Mack is bad... but I was saying I don't understand the argument that the Raiders are refusing to sign him to a fair deal and then the Packers are willing to give up the world to give him that same fair deal (and I don't literally mean the world either).

36 minutes ago, Beast said:

We disagree, but at least you're making a lot of sense. I don't understand this argument that Mack is so bad that the Raiders would let him go, and then he'll be godly for the Packers... that just doesn't make sense. If he's good as the worship he's getting here, then the Raiders aren't going to let him go.

But it's also stupid to trade away everything just for one guy... ask Mike Ditka about Ricky Williams. Everything for one thing, is just a bad idea.

If this was the NBA, sure invest into Lebron James... but the NFL is much more a team sport, where investing into one single guy isn't always the best choice. Of the people to invest into a single choice, Mack is a great option for that, but in a true team sport (like football) I rather have a large group of High Quality players, instead of just a few elite players.

53 minutes ago, Beast said:

You're oversimplifying it again to the point of lying... it's not the extra 1st round, it's the entire cost of getting him here long term. 

Wow you took an extra 6 minutes trying to ninja edit your reply just so you could call me a liar?  LoL.  Beat it, Gollum.  

38 minutes ago, Norm said:

This is exact proof why it isn't happening. We aren't just gonna get THE GOD AWESOME PASS RUSHER MANIAC HOF BEAST OF THE CENTURY GOAT AUTOMATIC 5 SUPER BOWLS SUPERSTAR BLUE CHIP just by cutting or trading two mediocre players and two late firsts. They'd want ACTUAL talent. ACTUAL proven talent. That word PROVEN you keep using. He's so proven, so just give them picks, they aren't proven. Well why the **** would they want unproven **** for the best player that ever lived?

The amount to get this guy is so ******* underestimated. Go offer Clay, Cobb, and both firsts. They'd laugh. Give them Bulaga too. One man's trash is another man's trash. 

I read in here how even those two firsts trading up with them will never get in the range of talents like Mack, so give them up for Mack. EXACTLY, HE'S WORTH WAY ******* MORE.

https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/Article/Chiefs-agree-to-trade-Jared-Allen-to-Vikings-104512893

Jared Allen to the Vikings coming off a 16 sack season I believe. He was holding out for a bigger deal.

1st, 2 3rds and a swap of 6ths.

He's not a QB Norm. Two firsts is probably the max any non QB goes for in today's NFL. Throw in Matthews on the Packers end to make cap room.

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Wow you took an extra 6 minutes trying to ninja edit your reply just so you could call me a liar?  LoL.  Beat it, Gollum.  

Nothing ninja about it. You seem more interested in creating false stories and name calling than talking about Packers.

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not anti adding elite talent.........how is that even said to me? I'm the one saying it's a high cost. Nobody IMO has come close to what it would be. You'd better believe, IMO, we'd have to give one of our better plays back, not just guys we want to cut, with the firsts, and then some.

I think Stephen A Smith called him a bad boy....

Archived