Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'm the old guy who is now like "is there anything worth reading in this thread?"

I've been involved in most of it, and basically I'd say no. Basically it's just a lot of people either saying Mack is worth the cap price (which could be two players) OR the two 1st round draft picks, and I try to point out, that it's not an either or... it's both... so it's basically the cost is four players, not just two players, and asking if he's really worth four players.

Most seem to say yes... but then there is also the point, if Mack is as good as people think, then why would the Raiders be getting rid of him and refusing to pay him in the first place?

Basically it's what your opinion of Mack is, and why the Raiders would be getting rid of him.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Throw in Matthews on the Packers end to make cap room.

This is where you're off base,  young Skywalker

Ya gotta make it work with all 3; Mack, Matthews and Perry...with the not-ready-for -prime-time players backing em up

That's the Championship defense that would be better than the offense as alluded to by our highly successful NFL coach.

Of course there is a salary cap, but as Andrew Brandt always said, its merely an accounting tool.  :D

Das Gute pretty much cops to it starting at about the 5:40 mark when he answers a long- winded question about bolstering the EDGE rusher position

He mentions the word... TRADES. And then he mentions " Other Opportunities" and he nods his head exactly 52 times during the question... which is Mack's jersey number in OAKLAND !

I mean that pretty much settles it, right ? 

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/Article/Chiefs-agree-to-trade-Jared-Allen-to-Vikings-104512893

Jared Allen to the Vikings coming off a 16 sack season I believe. He was holding out for a bigger deal.

1st, 2 3rds and a swap of 6ths.

He's not a QB Norm. Two firsts is probably the max any non QB goes for in today's NFL. Throw in Matthews on the Packers end to make cap room.

And that's why he's not going to be traded. Nobody will give them what they want. That was a craptastic trade . Don't let Reggie see it BTW

24 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yep nothing but name calling and insulting...

IDK what gollum is because I'm not a 16 year old nerd.. I'm assuming it's some Harry Potter kid bull**** insult? I felt embarrassed just reading it.

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Gollum is on the Sunday Night Football studio show.

I forgot about this. I remember this all now. I had to Google gollum because you kept saying it and I didn't understand lol

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

IDK what gollum is because I'm not a 16 year old nerd.. I'm assuming it's some Harry Potter kid bull**** insult? I felt embarrassed just reading it.

I believe it's from The Lord of the Rings... though sorta odd creates and magic like Harry Potter.

I can see the appeal of this hypothetical. That said, I think some are ignoring or understating the opportunity cost of the $20+m. So it's not just that you're trading away 2 1st's for Mack. All that $ you're paying him could also be used to bring in other talent in FA, which balances the equation. Now, obviously, guys of Mack's caliber aren't available in FA that often, and it would fill more of what is currently perceived as a 'need' on the roster. But I still figure you could get at least like 70-80% of the return value spending that $ in other ways in FA. And then you'd have 70-80% of Mack's talent and still have your own 1st round picks. 

Looking at the numbers, GB can make the cap space work with Mack, though there would probably be some ramifications in future years with the team depth & maybe failing to retain a guy here or there that you might otherwise want to keep, but I didn't see major impediments salary-wise. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I've been involved in most of it, and basically I'd say no. Basically it's just a lot of people either saying Mack is worth the cap price (which could be two players) OR the two 1st round draft picks, and I try to point out, that it's not an either or... it's both... so it's basically the cost is four players, not just two players, and asking if he's really worth four players.

Most seem to say yes... but then there is also the point, if Mack is as good as people think, then why would the Raiders be getting rid of him and refusing to pay him in the first place?

Basically it's what your opinion of Mack is, and why the Raiders would be getting rid of him.

The Raiders are rumored to not have the cash to pay the signing bonus. Davis is one of the least rich owners and it wouldn’t shock me that after shelling out for Gruden and all the other signing bonuses he just doesn’t have the dough to pay another 60M. 

Archived