Preseason Week 1 GDT

JiffyJag

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It was a weak move by KB yeah, but are we going to ignore the disrespect Cam showed his teammate by looking down on him sideways and shooing him away like a worthless fly? Cam could have also looked at KB’s teammate in the eye and just asked if they could have a minute to talk instead of acting so arrogant.

That was Thomas Davis. That's Cam's teammate. And who cares? Cam wanted to talk about something that was between himself, and KB after KB was the one that initially started chrippin. Thomas appeared to try and defuse the situation, but Cam was serious in wanting to address KB's remarks. I'd be annoyed AF too if someone was trying to get in my way of having a serious conversation with someone else.

Texans D looks like a different unit when RAC is calling the plays vs Vrabel. Pass rush was very effective (without Watt, Mercilius and Clowney) and the secondary was actually tuned in and on the same page (without Joseph and Mathieu). Duke Ejiofor is quite the find - going to be hard to find snaps with Clowney and Mercilius are both on the field, but I can see him getting in if Clowney plays a 34 DE. 

Offensively, the left side of the OL looked much improved. Julie'n Davenport really looked good out there, used his super long arms to swat away rushers and to lock them out quickly. The right side is a different story, as Zach Fulton and Seantrell Henderson were getting beat on just about everything. 

Jordan Akins might be that mid level seam route guy for Deshaun Watson to use - he has some good speed and wiggle in his route, ran with patience and set up his defender for his two TDs. His blocking wasn't special, but didn't lead to negative plays  either. I had low expectations for him, but he has a good set of skills at the position. 

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It was a weak move by KB yeah, but are we going to ignore the disrespect Cam showed his teammate by looking down on him sideways and shooing him away like a worthless fly? Cam could have also looked at KB’s teammate in the eye and just asked if they could have a minute to talk instead of acting so arrogant.

I'm not ignoring it.  That was the best part.

18 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

That was Thomas Davis. That's Cam's teammate. And who cares? Cam wanted to talk about something that was between himself, and KB after KB was the one that initially started chrippin. Thomas appeared to try and defuse the situation, but Cam was serious in wanting to address KB's remarks. I'd be annoyed AF too if someone was trying to get in my way of having a serious conversation with someone else.

Ahh thought it was Kelvins teammate. Even still, not sure why he wouldn’t expect him to get in the way of their conversation when he was the one who butted in to their conversation in the first place. Shooing someone away, atleast to me, is disrespectful and would be something I would be even less expecting of him to do to his own teammate. If KB is weak for not looking Cam in the eye and saying anything, then Cam is just as weak for not looking Davis in the eye and shooing him away. They both look weak.

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Ahh thought it was Kelvins teammate. Even still, not sure why he wouldn’t expect him to get in the way of their conversation when he was the one who butted in to their conversation in the first place. Shooing someone away, atleast to me, is disrespectful and would be something I would be even less expecting of him to do to his own teammate. If KB is weak for not looking Cam in the eye and saying anything, then Cam is just as weak for not looking Davis in the eye and shooing him away. They both look weak.

Weird. I don't see it as an issue. Cam is focused on Kelvin because he's the one he wants to talk to about something serious, which KB started. I don't see Cam not looking at Davis on the same level as KB not looking at Cam regarding stuff KB started in the first place.

48 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think you are taking it way more personal than Davis is.  TD and Cam are close friends.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

This is where I’m at. Who says you have to like someone? Who cares if Benjamin doesn’t like Cam and thinks he’s a mediocre passing QB? He shouldn’t have said it in public, but Cam isn’t a very good passing QB. 

29 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is where I’m at. Who says you have to like someone? Who cares if Benjamin doesn’t like Cam and thinks he’s a mediocre passing QB? He shouldn’t have said it in public, but Cam isn’t a very good passing QB. 

Yea, but it isn’t like it’s a situation of where the guys barely knew each other.  Cam and Benji were super tight here.  They hung out all the time outside of football, Newton ALWAYS defended him (even when it wasn’t deserved - he’s not a good #1 option), and you could tell he was disappointed to see him go.  

Even if their friendship dwindled after he got traded, how would you feel if you were Cam and the guy you treated like a brother just threw you under the bus like that?  And to top it off, Cam offered him a handshake and Benjamin couldn’t even do that.  It was weak and disrespectful.  And it’s another example of Benjamin not being accountable.  Dude is lazy.

28 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Yea, but it isn’t like it’s a situation of where the guys barely knew each other.  Cam and Benji were super tight here.  They hung out all the time outside of football, Newton ALWAYS defended him (even when it wasn’t deserved - he’s not a good #1 option), and you could tell he was disappointed to see him go.  

Even if their friendship dwindled after he got traded, how would you feel if you were Cam and the guy you treated like a brother just threw you under the bus like that?  And to top it off, Cam offered him a handshake and Benjamin couldn’t even do that.  It was weak and disrespectful.  And it’s another example of Benjamin not being accountable.  Dude is lazy.

I agree with this, but Cam still made Davis look like his ***** rather than a respected teammate.

50 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

We don’t know their relationship. Cam is kinda scum baggy...he does everything for show. Don’t get me wrong...Benjamin was wrong. But don’t expect me to shake hands with someone I don’t like or respect. 

Archived