Preseason Week 1 GDT

JiffyJag

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

"We don't know their relationship"

Proceeds to call Cam a scum-bag as if he knows Cam.

Cam has displayed this routinely throughout his career. Don't act like this is not common knowledge. Anyone who's watched 10 minutes of Cam Newton footage knows this. Doesn't mean he was right or wrong in this situation, but you cannot seriously deny he acts like a scumbag a lot.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Cam has displayed this routinely throughout his career. Don't act like this is not common knowledge. Anyone who's watched 10 minutes of Cam Newton footage knows this. Doesn't mean he was right or wrong in this situation, but you cannot seriously deny he acts like a scumbag a lot.

Your definition of a scumbag is clearly different from the one I have then.

Cocky, arrogant, etc.  Those might be fitting.  But a scumbag?  Come on now.  Newton's a multi-millionaire with charities that help hundreds of thousands while also not having a track record of doing anything malicious to another person.  He's clearly not a scumbag unless you have some examples of a terrible act committed by Newton beyond him *gasp* celebrating a first down or touchdown.  Stop acting all high and mighty.  About the worst thing Cam has done as a person in his time in Carolina is insinuate a woman didn't know football, and even that was just him clearly joking as he usually does (doesn't make it right , but not scumbag-worthy either).  Even then, he came out with a sincere apology shortly after on video.

Regardless, this guys response is "we don't know the relationship of Benjamin/Cam".  You can't say that and then proceed to call Newton a scumbag, because he obviously doesn't know Cam.  You can't have it both ways.  

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Your definition of a scumbag is clearly different from the one I have then.

Cocky, arrogant, etc.  Those might be fitting.  But a scumbag?  Come on now.  Newton's a multi-millionaire with charities that help hundreds of thousands while also not having a track record of doing anything malicious to another person.  He's clearly not a scumbag unless you have some example of a terrible act committed by Newton beyond him *gasp* celebrating a first down or touchdown.  Stop acting all high and mighty.

Regardless, this guys response is "we don't know the relationship of Benjamin/Cam".  You can't say that and then proceed to call Newton a scumbag, because he obviously doesn't know Cam.  You can't have it both ways.  

My comment has nothing to do with the way Cam celebrates a TD, or a first down, or anything like that - but how he acts when things aren't going his way (pouting on the field, etc.) and how he treats others after losses or things like that.

You can absolutely call Cam Newton a scumbag without knowing the relationship between him and KB. Those two things aren't tied to each other.

50 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My comment has nothing to do with the way Cam celebrates a TD, or a first down, or anything like that - but how he acts when things aren't going his way (pouting on the field, etc.) and how he treats others after losses or things like that.

You can absolutely call Cam Newton a scumbag without knowing the relationship between him and KB. Those two things aren't tied to each other.

Sore loser? Whiny? Immature? Questionable leader? Fit the bill. 

Think @iknowcool‘s original statement was right - you have an odd definition of “scumbag”. Most would reserve that for players that hurt other plays unnecessarily, scoff at other’s injuries, commit dirty plays, etc.

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is where I’m at. Who says you have to like someone? Who cares if Benjamin doesn’t like Cam and thinks he’s a mediocre passing QB? He shouldn’t have said it in public, but Cam isn’t a very good passing QB. 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

We don’t know their relationship. Cam is kinda scum baggy...he does everything for show. Don’t get me wrong...Benjamin was wrong. But don’t expect me to shake hands with someone I don’t like or respect. 

Making comments when someone is around and then doing a 180 when they show up, is soft.

Didn't Cam have the issue with the female reporter last season.  Can't recall the exact issue but I remember he was a ****** in that instance.

Overall seems like he's not really a total scumbag off the field from what I can tell other than the one instance last year with the reporter.  Does do a lot off the field from what I always hear. 

31 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Sore loser? Whiny? Immature? Questionable leader? Fit the bill. 

Think @iknowcool‘s original statement was right - you have an odd definition of “scumbag”. Most would reserve that for players that hurt other plays unnecessarily, scoff at other’s injuries, commit dirty plays, etc.

You're probably right. It was the wrong term to use. I imagined he was using "scumbag" in that sense, but now that I think about it, it doesn't really make sense in that context.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Pouting makes someone a scumbag? Are you joking? 

EDIT: Nvm

y'all act like if Cam didn't know exactly there was a cam recording. i give probs to KB, if that was Cam walking up to me with that sh*t grin on his face i'd s*ckerpunched him. KB remained his cool and let him act like a fool. sorry for the strong language but its what i got from the tape.

20 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Whatever his little fued is with Cam, at least Cam was man enough to come up and say hey. Benjamin wouldn't even look him in the eyes. Looks super weak on his end. 

Man...idk if we're watching two different clips, but it looked like Cam showed up being Cam while Kelvin and TD were talking and interjected himself. Kelvin clearly had no interest in speaking, and knowing Cam's history of "me me me" diva behavior, I can't really blame him. Cam then pulled the ultimate tool move of "let me follow you when you walk off and lean into you". Seems more like he wanted to instigate something than squash it. Kelvin wanted away from Carolina and Cam. He got it. Cam doesn't just "deserve" to be spoken to for what, existing? 

39 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

y'all act like if Cam didn't know exactly there was a cam recording. i give probs to KB, if that was Cam walking up to me with that sh*t grin on his face i'd s*ckerpunched him. KB remained his cool and let him act like a fool. sorry for the strong language but its what i got from the tape.

You're going to suckerpunch someone that comes up to you with a smile and handshake?:)

Archived