The Box Office

Acgott

24 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

MI passed 300m abroad. Far better than its done domestically.

Haunted Mansion. 33m global. 150m to produce. Then add marketing/advertising. Bet Disney AI hiring spree goes into overdrive. Cause 30+mil should mean a solid opening if not for cost.

Everything about Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 was handled awfully...except for the actual movie.

• Like 2

I'd love for a return to original storytelling, but chances are Hollywood is just going to chalk this up to Nolan drawing crowds rather than this being a human interest story loaded with talent from writing to acting.

I'd love to see Disney continue to fail. Don't care who backs Disney. Don't care which conglomerate owns Disney. 900 million dollars is a lot of dollars to have lost. And that's just Hollywood accounting losses, not actual losses.

Disney has not made a true classic since... I honestly don't even know. They need a top down restart.

• Like 1

Considering the massive second weekend of Barbenheimer, and Haunted Mansion coming out, the fact that Talk To Me made 10 mil in its opening weekend is pretty damn good.

Edited by Mox

I hope Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem does well. It's off to an okay start, but hoping great WOM and no competition whatsoever will give it great legs.

The Meg 2 with a big surge this past week. Looked absolutely dead in the water, but then climbed all the way up to $3.2 million in previews. Not amazing, but was looking at less than $1.5 million just a week ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Marvels starts with $6.6 million in Thursday previews.

For reference, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever made $28 million at the same time last year and Captain Marvel made $21 million.

This will definitely have the lowest opening weekend for an MCU movie, which is currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $55.4 million.

Edited by seminoles1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The Marvels starts with $6.6 million in Thursday previews.

For reference, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever made $28 million at the same time last year and Captain Marvel made $21 million.

This will definitely have the lowest opening weekend for an MCU movie, which is currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $55.4 million.

Non-0% chance it opens lower than Morbius.