The Box Office

Acgott

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

You better be ******* joking me

Nope. With the writers and actors all on strike, there's no one to promote the movie. If no deals are struck soon then I expect a few of the movies releasing later this year will be delayed.

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Nope. With the writers and actors all on strike, there's no one to promote the movie. If no deals are struck soon then I expect a few of the movies releasing later this year will be delayed.

Iwillkillyoumichaelscott.gif

On 7/23/2023 at 4:11 PM, Fresh Prince said:

155 million for Barbie and 80+ for Oppenheimer 

Actuals came in at $162 million and $82 million. International numbers for Barbie were also a good bit higher than projections, coming in at $194 million when yesterday's projections had it at $182 million.

Just absolutely monster numbers. Love it.

• Like 1

A 64.6% drop actually isn’t bad for Dead Reckoning P1 considering it had Barbenheimer to deal with in just its second weekend.

I’d be pissed, too if I were Tom Cruise. Paramount literally couldn’t have picked a worse release window for their biggest movie of the year.

Edited by KManX89

Just now, seminoles1 said:

What do you mean?

Low budget, barely promoted movie isnt going to have the dedicated theaters as major blockbusters get. Especially when nobody, not the producers, production company or anyone knew it was capable of such numbers.

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Low budget, barely promoted movie isnt going to have the dedicated theaters as major blockbusters get. Especially when nobody, not the producers, production company or anyone knew it was capable of such numbers.

Selling out empty theaters. very impressive. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Selling out empty theaters. very impressive. 

A neighbor couldnt go because the local theater ran 1 screen. Indy and MI both had 2. Because of the sellouts for Sound of Freedom. They had to settle for MI.

But keep trying. Cause when The Marvels and such come out. Oh be sure Ill be on here laughing my border jumping tail off hombre.