The Box Office

Acgott

11 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Need to rewatch the first one, don’t remember about half the movie 

They do a pretty good job recapping. I haven't seen the first one since the day it came out and it was totally fine.

$17.35 million Thursday night previews for SM:ATSV. Right in line with the last 3 $100+ openers: Avatar: The Way of Water, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania , and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. III.

I expect it to open higher than all 3, though.

13 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

120 million opening domestically for into the spider verse. Fast X might actually lose around 100 million at the box office with another movie still to go yikes

I know international isn't as profitable as domestic box office, but the International box office might save the Fast franchise.  It's already approaching $500 million just internationally.  Worldwide is over $600 million and probably pushes past $800 million.  Outside shot it even hits a Billion still.

18 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I know international isn't as profitable as domestic box office, but the International box office might save the Fast franchise.  It's already approaching $500 million just internationally.  Worldwide is over $600 million and probably pushes past $800 million.  Outside shot it even hits a Billion still.

I'll eat a poop candle if this hits even $800 million.

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I mean, it got 75% of the way there in 17 days.

And it's dropping like a rock with more competition coming. Let's be generous and say it hits $150 million domestically...are you willing to bet it'll find $175 million more from the rest of the world from here on out?

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

And it's dropping like a rock with more competition coming. Let's be generous and say it hits $150 million domestically...are you willing to bet it'll find $175 million more from the rest of the world from here on out?

It's dropping like a rock......domestically.  Internationally, it might pull in another $100 million over the next 7 days.  If it can do that, then looking for another $75 million over the next 4 weeks after that doesn't seem so far fetched.  The Fast movies have always been stronger internationally than domestically.  

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

It's dropping like a rock......domestically.  Internationally, it might pull in another $100 million over the next 7 days.  If it can do that, then looking for another $75 million over the next 4 weeks after that doesn't seem so far fetched.  The Fast movies have always been stronger internationally than domestically.  

$100 million over the next 7 days? What makes you think that?

I know these movies have crushed the international box office since Fast Five, and this one has done really well also, but that doesn't mean this will just steadily stroll to another $175 million.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing anything that makes me think this will hit $800 million. I was thinking a ceiling of $750 million, but more likely around $720 million.

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

$100 million over the next 7 days? What makes you think that?

I know these movies have crushed the international box office since Fast Five, and this one has done really well also, but that doesn't mean this will just steadily stroll to another $175 million.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing anything that makes me think this will hit $800 million. I was thinking a ceiling of $750 million, but more likely around $720 million.

Now i'm curious enough to follow up, lol.  After the weekend it was at $604,896,595.  Does Box Office Mojo update international dailies?  I know they do domestic, but international is where this franchise's bread is buttered, so may have to wait until the end of next weekend to see a real update.