The Box Office

Acgott

feel like a brand like shazam would be a massive hit with kids/preteens in another environment

maybe in like 10 YRs, WB could relaunch shazam, but as a elseworld project and have the film be animated...look at sony's spiderverse for inspiration

Edited by August4th

1 hour ago, August4th said:

feel like a brand like shazam would be a massive hit with kids/preteens in another environment

maybe in like 10 YRs, WB could relaunch shazam, but as a elseworld project and have the film be animated...look at sony's spiderverse for inspiration

With the news DC is restarting there’s no point to see the remaining films in theater’s 

6 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

73 million domestic opening for Wick 4. Great start.

9 million second week for Shazam

Shazam 2 in its second weekend got beat by Creed III entering its fourth weekend with a 68% drop.

Ouch.

Edited by KManX89

• 2 weeks later...

John Wick 4 not holding as well as I hoped. Will probably only barely outgross John Wick 3 domestically. Still a big success, but not the smash I wanted to see.

The Super Mario Brothers Movie on the other hand...I think we have our domestic champion.

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

John Wick 4 not holding as well as I hoped. Will probably only barely outgross John Wick 3 domestically. Still a big success, but not the smash I wanted to see.

The Super Mario Brothers Movie on the other hand...I think we have our domestic champion.

DnD had a good opening weekend but is going to get killed this week with Mario Bros. Was a fun movie and hopefully it makes enough for a second one.

54 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

360 mill worldwide opening of Mario Bro. Wasn’t expecting that 

New 5-day domestic opening record as well, breaking Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen's record...which is crazy that it still had the record.

2nd highest opening 3-day weekend ever for an animated movie, behind only The Incredibles 2...and as stated, this opened on a Wednesday and burned through $60 million of demand by Friday.

36 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

New 5-day domestic opening record as well, breaking Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen's record...which is crazy that it still had the record.

2nd highest opening 3-day weekend ever for an animated movie, behind only The Incredibles 2...and as stated, this opened on a Wednesday and burned through $60 million of demand by Friday.

It’s also the highest grossing animated film worldwide opening weekend

On 4/8/2023 at 10:24 PM, seminoles1 said:

This thing is bigger than anyone thought. Holy goodness.

I dont know anyone who has seen it. Is Cameron just buying out theaters himself? I can imagine him with a phone in each hand, Fandango transactions out the wazoo