The Box Office

Acgott

17 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Yeah Fast X had is lowest opening domestic in awhile. Just keeps getting lower and lower, only international is helping it.

It'd be fine if the budget didn't balloon to this crazy amount. $200 million? Fine. Not a huge hit, but a solid profit considering it does gangbusters overseas and worth continuing with these spinoffs they're discussing. But $340 million?!? That's just absolutely nuts.

39 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It'd be fine if the budget didn't balloon to this crazy amount. $200 million? Fine. Not a huge hit, but a solid profit considering it does gangbusters overseas and worth continuing with these spinoffs they're discussing. But $340 million?!? That's just absolutely nuts.

Yeah, at $340 mil, that would be about $680 mil to hit the break even point after advertising.

24 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, at $340 mil, that would be about $680 mil to hit the break even point after advertising.

Probably a good bit higher considering most of the box office is coming from overseas, with a big portion of that coming from China.

14 hours ago, Acgott said:

Flash tracking for just $70M? That’s going to jump a bunch in the coming weeks. It is the greatest superhero movie of all time.

The Flash looks like a dumpster fire to me, but I bet the Keaton nostalgia is probably going to almost double the box office from what it would have otherwise been.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The Flash looks like a dumpster fire to me, but I bet the Keaton nostalgia is probably going to almost double the box office from what it would have otherwise been.

You have some awfully odd movie takes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Series can finally die.

I think they'll finish it with one more as originally planned, but Diesel saying there is a plan to maybe turn this into a finale trilogy is definitely dead.

The Little Mermaid with a very good start domestically...but my Zeus the overseas numbers are dreadful. The domestic/overseas split looking like aan inspirational sports movie from the early 2000s, not a 2023 summer blockbuster.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mox said:

After an awful Saturday The Little Mermaid is in trouble. Looking under 100 mil domestic 3 day and 160-170m WW.

Yeah, that's Saturday drop was really surprising and a very bad sign.

Not to be too on the nose, but this movie might have no legs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, that's Saturday drop was really surprising and a very bad sign.

Not to be too on the nose, but this movie might have no legs.

It's looking to open way below Quantumania WW, which is a bad sign. It'll have better legs than that as a family movie though.

Factor in Elemental is DOA, and Indy has taken a massive hit from reviews Disney is about to go through the ringer. Wish might be their best hope for a big hit.

Edited by Mox

41 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's looking to open way below Quantumania WW, which is a bad sign. It'll have better legs than that as a family movie though.

Factor in Elemental is DOA, and Indy has taken a massive hit from reviews Disney is about to go through the ringer. Wish might be their best hope for a big hit.

The overseas numbers are shockingly bad for this.

• Like 1