The Box Office

Acgott

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Now i'm curious enough to follow up, lol.  After the weekend it was at $604,896,595.  Does Box Office Mojo update international dailies?  I know they do domestic, but international is where this franchise's bread is buttered, so may have to wait until the end of next weekend to see a real update.

I stopped using Box Office Mojo. They have really gone down in the dumps. Either The Numbers or Box Office Pro are your best bets.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I’ve always used box office mojo, will have to check those out

They have a really bad habit of doubling up a lot of their numbers and not realizing for days. I remember it caused some confusion her with Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and they did the same thing with SM:ATSV on Friday and added the Thursday preview numbers 2x into their Friday number.

Not that I trust critics in the slightest but now Flash is either going to be the most overrated movie ever or this will be another clear sign of evidence that they are completely out of touch or unqualified for this line of work.

Edited by Mox

9 hours ago, Mox said:

Not that I trust critics in the slightest but now Flash is either going to be the most overrated movie ever or this will be another clear sign of evidence that they are completely out of touch or unqualified for this line of work.

Ah yes the two extremes must be indicative of reality.

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts overperforming like crazy domestically. Just about 3-4 weeks ago it was trending towards a $35 million opening. I hope it hits $60 million for the weekend. That would make 4 straight weekends (including The Flash next weekend) with an opener hitting at least $60 million.

This would be quite a franchise recovery if it can hold decently through the summer. Very rare this kind of thing happens.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts overperforming like crazy domestically. Just about 3-4 weeks ago it was trending towards a $35 million opening. I hope it hits $60 million for the weekend. That would make 4 straight weekends (including The Flash next weekend) with an opener hitting at least $60 million.

This would be quite a franchise recovery if it can hold decently through the summer. Very rare this kind of thing happens.

It was pretty solid

On 6/6/2023 at 4:02 PM, Mox said:

Are you referring to WB or professional critics?

Either way, it doesn't matter.   The bolded will be true for either regardless of the quality of the movie.

• Like 1

Tracking for The Flash is apparently in free fall. Had good initial sales after tickets were available, with some hoping for a $90+ million opening, but then Deadline came out with their $70 million projection (Deadline is notorious for underestimating) and the reviews weren't as good as WBD tried to sell them, and pre-sales have really taken a nosedive. Over/under is now at ~$60 million from what I can tell from a view trackers/forecasters from Box Office Theory. $90 million always seemed crazy to me considering the issues with Ezra and it being known DC is resetting everything, really leaving the movies already filmed out to die.

Elemental looks to be having a late surge like Transformers: Rise of the Beasts though. Could offset the potential disappointment of The Flash this weekend.

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Tracking for The Flash is apparently in free fall. Had good initial sales after tickets were available, with some hoping for a $90+ million opening, but then Deadline came out with their $70 million projection (Deadline is notorious for underestimating) and the reviews weren't as good as WBD tried to sell them, and pre-sales have really taken a nosedive. Over/under is now at ~$60 million from what I can tell from a view trackers/forecasters from Box Office Theory. $90 million always seemed crazy to me considering the issues with Ezra and it being known DC is resetting everything, really leaving the movies already filmed out to die.

Elemental looks to be having a late surge like Transformers: Rise of the Beasts though. Could offset the potential disappointment of The Flash this weekend.

If anyone but Ezra was Flash, I'd probably go to the theaters to see it, if only for Keaton.   As it stands, I'll see it when released on Max.