The Box Office

Acgott

On 4/10/2023 at 11:09 PM, adamq said:

I dont know anyone who has seen it. Is Cameron just buying out theaters himself? I can imagine him with a phone in each hand, Fandango transactions out the wazoo

Funny, I'm the opposite. Everyone I know has seen it, even my 60 year old dad who never goes to the movies lol.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 12:09 AM, adamq said:

I dont know anyone who has seen it. Is Cameron just buying out theaters himself? I can imagine him with a phone in each hand, Fandango transactions out the wazoo

Same.  I haven't seen it an no one in my orbit has seen this movie. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 4:08 PM, Fresh Prince said:

360 mill worldwide opening of Mario Bro. Wasn’t expecting that 

Yep, and it made more in a day than the 1993 live-action movie made in its entire theatrical domestic run. 

Somewhere John Leguizamo is drinking heavy amounts of Copium.

• 3 weeks later...

Tough start for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

The word of mouth should be much better than the last few MCU movies. I think that the poor reception of the last few MCU movies (along with some superhero movie fatigue) has hurt its opening weekend. It won't let out nearly as poorly as Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

30 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The word of mouth should be much better than the last few MCU movies. I think that the poor reception of the last few MCU movies (along with some superhero movie fatigue) has hurt its opening weekend. It won't let out nearly as poorly as Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

Vol 2's reception doesn't help either.  

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Super hero fatigue is real.   But yeah GOTG3 staying power should be miles ahead of Quantumania.   

The real super hero test is going to be The Flash.   I expect Spider-verse 2 will have legs as Peter Parker / Miles Morales have pretty much bucked viewership trends outside of Spidey-3 (truly a hot piece of garbage).  

Edited by Broncofan

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Guardians had the best 2nd week for a MCU sequel at 60 million. Is close to 550 million globally already.

To clarify, you're talking about the % drop. It didn't have the best 2nd weekend money wise for an MCU sequel.

Still a great thing to see. An incredible showing compared to their last 4 movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

To clarify, you're talking about the % drop. It didn't have the best 2nd weekend money wise for an MCU sequel.

Still a great thing to see. An incredible showing compared to their last 4 movies.

Yeah I meant the % drop. Should’ve worded it better.

• 2 weeks later...

GOTG Vol. III is still crushing it. Good to see some nice legs for the first time in quite a while.

Fast X...oh man. They need to wrap this up. And the budget was $340 million!!! Like...wtf?

I hope The Little Mermaid crushes it to shut people up. Looking strong right now in presales.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

GOTG Vol. III is still crushing it. Good to see some nice legs for the first time in quite a while.

Fast X...oh man. They need to wrap this up. And the budget was $340 million!!! Like...wtf?

I hope The Little Mermaid crushes it to shut people up. Looking strong right now in presales.

Might be tough with the reviews and bombing in China.

16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah Fast X had is lowest opening domestic in awhile. Just keeps getting lower and lower, only international is helping it.