2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

22 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Pauline says we have interest in Polite, actually like him as a Edge prospect

It really depends on where in the draft.  4th round or so if he is still sticking around because of his off season shennanigans it might be a decent flier.  My concern with him is that he was playing at like 235..... tried to bulk up improperly to 258 and ran super slow.  I don't care if he can run fast at 235 because there aren't many pass rushers in this league that are that small.

Final Big board for me:

1. EDGE Nick Bosa

2. EDGE Josh allen

3. DL Quinnen Williams

4. OL Jonah Williams

5. OT Jawaan Taylor

6. EDGE Montez Sweat

7. OT Andre Dillard

8. CB Greedy Williams

9. WR DK Metcalf

10. OL Cody Ford

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Final Big board for me:

1. EDGE Nick Bosa

2. EDGE Josh allen

3. DL Quinnen Williams

4. OL Jonah Williams

5. OT Jawaan Taylor

6. EDGE Montez Sweat

7. OT Andre Dillard

8. CB Greedy Williams

9. WR DK Metcalf

10. OL Cody Ford

Surprised to see guys like Greedy and DK above Burns, and Oliver.  Honestly surprised to see Sweat above Burns as well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

Surprised to see guys like Greedy and DK above Burns, and Oliver.  Honestly surprised to see Sweat above Burns as well.  

I don’t think Burns is that good imo, reminds me of Barkevious Mingo, long, lanky, athletic freak but has trouble vs run, weight issues, and struggles to fight off blockers. In Olivers case I don’t value 5T/3T that high unless you’re unbelievably special (Quinnen Williams) which I don’t think he is at that level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I don’t think Burns is that good imo, reminds me of Barkevious Mingo, long, lanky, athletic freak but has trouble vs run, weight issues, and struggles to fight off blockers. In Olivers case I don’t value 5T/3T that high unless you’re unbelievably special (Quinnen Williams) which I don’t think he is at that level.

Huh, i know lots of people have Burns as the most technical pass rusher in this class.  Also this is a switch for me since i have been making the case against Oliver a #3, but he clearly seems special to me.  Pretty unheard of athletic numbers. 

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Huh, i know lots of people have Burns as the most technical pass rusher in this class.  Also this is a switch for me since i have been making the case against Oliver a #3, but he clearly seems special to me.  Pretty unheard of athletic numbers. 

He has a ton of moves for a guy his age but he struggles to fight off blocks when OL gets hands on him. And with Ed I’m not saying he’s not gonna be a good player at the next level, I just don’t think he’s gonna have the Donald/Suh type impact that some believe him to be.

7 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

He has a ton of moves for a guy his age but he struggles to fight off blocks when OL gets hands on him. And with Ed I’m not saying he’s not gonna be a good player at the next level, I just don’t think he’s gonna have the Donald/Suh type impact that some believe him to be.

Almost no one has Donalds impact..... in recent memory JJ Watt is the only guy (and i think he was even better), but i think Oliver could have Suh's impact.  Guy gets a bit over rated i think.  He has 1 double digit sack year to his name and it was 10 sacks as a rookie.  

• Like 1

Interesting about Suh, if we decide to take Allen over Q, who let’s be honest is a lesser prospect, I would be a lot more into taking need over BPA if we bring in Suh to play along that line in some capacity. At that point that defense is literally a legit corner away from being pretty complete. Hard for a unit to have no holes anywhere but we are talking about having a potential top 5 D drafting the pass rusher and bringing in Suh. Forget about him not signing with us last year, he still will be a butt plug and offer a push to help pass rushers. We couldn’t stop the run last year, that has to change. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Interesting about Suh, if we decide to take Allen over Q, who let’s be honest is a lesser prospect, I would be a lot more into taking need over BPA if we bring in Suh to play along that line in some capacity. At that point that defense is literally a legit corner away from being pretty complete. Hard for a unit to have no holes anywhere but we are talking about having a potential top 5 D drafting the pass rusher and bringing in Suh. Forget about him not signing with us last year, he still will be a butt plug and offer a push to help pass rushers. We couldn’t stop the run last year, that has to change. 

Allen I think is the best prospect in the draft. But that’s just my opinion. But why do we need a DT to make our DLine legit? How is Leo, Anderson, McClendon and Shepard not enough?

Bosa and Quinnen are better imo but Allen is good enough at a position of need where I feel comfortable taking him over Q, would not take him over Bosa though. Allen does have flaws, specifically with his pass rush moves... he only has a swipe/Rip move and literally has no counter moves so he’s extremely raw in that front.

13 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Final Big board for me:

1. EDGE Nick Bosa

2. EDGE Josh allen

3. DL Quinnen Williams

4. OL Jonah Williams

5. OT Jawaan Taylor

6. EDGE Montez Sweat

7. OT Andre Dillard

8. CB Greedy Williams

9. WR DK Metcalf

10. OL Cody Ford

Mine isn't far off... Mine is as of today...

1. Josh Allen

2. Nick Bosa

3. Jawaan Taylor

4. Jonah Williams

5. Brian Burns

6. Montez Sweat

7. Andre Dillard

8. DK Metcalf

9. Greedy Williams

10. Cody Ford