2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

I think Little is the better prospect anyway.  He has a lower floor then Williams but if he puts it together his ceiling is way higher.

As deep and good as this WR class is.  I'm looking around and don't see any worthy of a top 10 pick.

My two early favorites assuming Bosa is gone at #1 are Allen and Little if we fall in the 3-6 range

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Yup. There’s a good chance Jonah goes Arizona if they pick ahead of us. I didn’t even consider the 49ers but that’s a good point. 

We likely are going Edge. I’ve come around to Josh Allen. He’s the only guy outside if Bosa I would be ok with on defense. Otherwise reach for a WR or Little which I don’t mind either. 

Best case is to trade back. 

Yeah, we have a lot of options to go with. 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think Little is the better prospect anyway.  He has a lower floor then Williams but if he puts it together his ceiling is way higher.

As deep and good as this WR class is.  I'm looking around and don't see any worthy of a top 10 pick.

My two early favorites assuming Bosa is gone at #1 are Allen and Little if we fall in the 3-6 range

I see N’Keal Harry as Top 10 worthy.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:57 PM, SDotNova said:

Yup. There’s a good chance Jonah goes Arizona if they pick ahead of us. I didn’t even consider the 49ers but that’s a good point. 

We likely are going Edge. I’ve come around to Josh Allen. He’s the only guy outside if Bosa I would be ok with on defense. Otherwise reach for a WR or Little which I don’t mind either. 

Best case is to trade back. 

Allen's a top 3 prospect in this class IMO.  With that said, I really hope we can address edge in FA, so we don't need to worry about it.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Allen's a top 3 prospect in this class IMO.  With that said, I really hope we can address edge in FA, so we don't need to worry about it.

I think so to. I don’t want us to go Edge. But if we go Allen or Bosa, I wouldn’t be upset. Both those guys look like they are going to be difference makers.

12 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Personally, I'm not high on N'Keal.  He seems like a true boom or bust guy and I just question his ability to gain separation at the next level.  

I don't think he is top 10 but his separation is an issue due to his slow release and his qb's timing.  Now, he focuses on draft so scouts will isolate on his routing skill to determine what nature of his.  If same story, he won't be in top 10 but he still has a chance to have solid NFL career.

28 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m all about OT or Edge in first and double dipping WRs in the 3rd, really like this years WR depth and feel like we can find impact guys in these mid rounds

My hope is that we sign one of the big edges in FA, trade down in the 1st, and gain extra picks.  Agree with going all in on o-line and WR though.  I'd also love to swing Leo for a 2nd to get an extra pick, but not sure that'll happen.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

My hope is that we sign one of the big edges in FA, trade down in the 1st, and gain extra picks.  Agree with going all in on o-line and WR though.  I'd also love to swing Leo for a 2nd to get an extra pick, but not sure that'll happen.

I’d still take Allen or Ferrell(I’ve come around on Ferrell) there even if we land a top Edge in Free Agency, I’m all with you though on moving Leo for the right price. Ultimately I’m a fan of spending a majority of our Money on OL/WR help and Maybe Bell then go Allen/Ferrell round 1 and WR with both our 3rds.

Just now, Dr.O said:

I’d still take Allen or Ferrell(I’ve come around on Ferrell) there even if we land a top Edge in Free Agency, I’m all with you though on moving Leo for the right price. Ultimately I’m a fan of spending a majority of our Money on OL/WR help and Maybe Bell then go Allen/Ferrell round 1 and WR with both our 3rds.

I love Allen, but I don't think I would.  Not saying I don't see the value, but I see more value in going WR/O-line early.  In terms of spending money, we can definitely get o-line help, but I don't like the FA WR class. I think we really need to try and find a star in the draft.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I love Allen, but I don't think I would.  Not saying I don't see the value, but I see more value in going WR/O-line early.  In terms of spending money, we can definitely get o-line help, but I don't like the FA WR class. I think we really need to try and find a star in the draft.

See I don’t think there’s a star offensive guy in this years draft but a whole lot of solid ones where as I see guys like Bosa, Allen, Ferrell, and Greedy Williams as instant stars at the next level. Idk my out look with the offense is that I don’t believe you need that true #1 WR but a group of solid 2’s and 3’s that all bring a different skill set. If we went into next year with Anderson, Enunwa, Adam Humphries, Riley Ridley, and Gary Jennings as our Core I’d be ecstatic.

40 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

See I don’t think there’s a star offensive guy in this years draft but a whole lot of solid ones where as I see guys like Bosa, Allen, Ferrell, and Greedy Williams as instant stars at the next level. Idk my out look with the offense is that I don’t believe you need that true #1 WR but a group of solid 2’s and 3’s that all bring a different skill set. If we went into next year with Anderson, Enunwa, Adam Humphries, Riley Ridley, and Gary Jennings as our Core I’d be ecstatic.

I see a few potential studs in the draft.  Favorite WR in the draft is Harmon.  I think he could be a Julio type player.  I also think Hollywood is a gamebreaker, but we'll find out.

Archived