Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos Pre Season Week 2

blkwdw13

Nobody was really at fault there. It was simply just a good accurate, high punt. But I can understand your point of view because like I said, that was my first reaction as well.

Nonetheless though, let's just hope to hell that he is only on the team for now as a filler and we don't have to worry about him at all in September. In ANY facet of the game. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Alright thank god for these reps! Shaheen’s season is over but hey he got some reps!

I think everyone shares your frustration about the injury, and hopefully it looked worse than it is. What are you expecting though? That these guys just go straight to week 1 without putting on pads at all? That’s never going to be the case. 

Other thoughts:

I doubt he gets returner reps in the regular season, but Cravon salvaged a pretty disastrous special teams showing with the FF.

Despite some more gaffes, I still wouldn't be surprised if Bennie Fowler makes the team over Kevin White. If White isn't the WR4 then there isn't a place for him on the team.

Bad route by Cohen coupled with a bad decision from Trubisky, but Nagy is really trying to hide how he's going to deploy Cohen in the regular season.

The sample size is small, but Trey Burton looks like the real deal.

Mizzell is getting a lot of work, but I still trust Benny Cunningham a lot more as a rusher if he's pressed into action.

Grasu is totally done. Listed as the C2 on the depth chart and he didn't get a single rep.

I've heard RRH and Bullard described as a "position battle" but I think they both get a lot of reps and it really won't matter which one is the official "starter."

The elephant in the room here of course is Cody Whitehair. To me, this is a really tough issue. On one hand, he and Trubisky have a pretty strong personal relationship. The coaching staff obviously wants to keep continuity between those two.

On the other hand, there can't be bad QB-center exchanges come week 1. James Daniels got close to three quarters of work at center, so they're obviously taking a long look there. Still, the NFL isn't Madden where the line can be shuffled to get the best OVR rating and everything is all sunshine and rainbows. I don't know that there's a great answer there.

1 hour ago, IronMike84 said:

Other thoughts:

I doubt he gets returner reps in the regular season, but Cravon salvaged a pretty disastrous special teams showing with the FF.

Despite some more gaffes, I still wouldn't be surprised if Bennie Fowler makes the team over Kevin White. If White isn't the WR4 then there isn't a place for him on the team.

Bad route by Cohen coupled with a bad decision from Trubisky, but Nagy is really trying to hide how he's going to deploy Cohen in the regular season.

The sample size is small, but Trey Burton looks like the real deal.

Mizzell is getting a lot of work, but I still trust Benny Cunningham a lot more as a rusher if he's pressed into action.

Grasu is totally done. Listed as the C2 on the depth chart and he didn't get a single rep.

I've heard RRH and Bullard described as a "position battle" but I think they both get a lot of reps and it really won't matter which one is the official "starter."

The elephant in the room here of course is Cody Whitehair. To me, this is a really tough issue. On one hand, he and Trubisky have a pretty strong personal relationship. The coaching staff obviously wants to keep continuity between those two.

On the other hand, there can't be bad QB-center exchanges come week 1. James Daniels got close to three quarters of work at center, so they're obviously taking a long look there. Still, the NFL isn't Madden where the line can be shuffled to get the best OVR rating and everything is all sunshine and rainbows. I don't know that there's a great answer there.

Regarding Whitehair, the good news is that his blocking itself has rarely if ever been the issue, especially when he’s been at guard. He’s a guard trying to play center IMO, and we just drafted a center and are no longer at all repping him at guard. To me it’s a matter of when and not if Whitehair goes back to guard. Realistically he’s the best LG on the team already, and if Daniels isn’t already the best C then he will be shortly. Hell Whitehair will be shoulder to shoulder with him to help with the line calls. If they’re going to make that switch though it makes the most sense now, not a week from now and not during the season. 

I attended the game tonight.

• Most striking was that Whitehair's snaps were all over the place.
  • Long was rather terrible, especially as he moved to his left. In general, the starting right side of the line is far weaker right now than the left. 
  • I continue to be impressed by White's speed. 
  • Burton was dominant; if he doesn't get hurt, he's going to have a significant number of catches and yards. 
  • Coward looks powerful.
  • The new helmet rule is a crock; fans of both teams were booing the calls. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think everyone shares your frustration about the injury, and hopefully it looked worse than it is. What are you expecting though? That these guys just go straight to week 1 without putting on pads at all? That’s never going to be the case. 

There are plenty of players that get none or very little snaps each preseason and do a fine job once the regular season comes around.

8 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Nagy said he "didn't think" Shaheen suffered a fracture. Hopefully this is a high ankle sprain. He may not be ready week 1, but I'd rather see him out there weeks 4-17 than not at all.

The bigger issue is Floyd. If he’s lost for any period of time, the pass rush will have to be manufactured, big time. Shame on Pace for not addressing the outside pass rush depth.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

The bigger issue is Floyd. If he’s lost for any period of time, the pass rush will have to be manufactured, big time. Shame on Pace for not addressing the outside pass rush depth.

I heard a certain spectacular boi might be available for trade soon 

Archived