Teddy Bridgewater

jetfuel34

46 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Mike Silver saying we're getting a 3rd. Not sure if that's it or if more. 

Either way, well done. To recoup a 3rd round pick for a player that we gave $500k guaranteed for just a few months ago, at a position already set for the short-and-long term, is a slam dunk. 

Jets are supposed to get a multiple picks for him.   3rd and 6th? or 4th and 5th?  

Edit:  Never Mind. That is a pipe dream.    Bridgewater and 6th for 3rd.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets are supposed to get a multiple picks for him.   3rd and 6th? or 4th and 5th?  

(BS)   well done) Bridgewater is worth a second round pick, when we got a third round pick for Sheldon our nit wit HC gave the pick away for nothing. Look at Mac record with all his third round picks, they SUCK. I am ready for a good fight, so don't anybody tell me this was a good move.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

(BS)   well done) Bridgewater is worth a second round pick, when we got a third round pick for Sheldon our nit wit HC gave the pick away for nothing. Look at Mac record with all his third round picks, they SUCK. I am ready for a good fight, so don't anybody tell me this was a good move.

They got a 2nd for Sheldon which was used as ammo to move up in the draft, which turned into Darnold.

2 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

They got a 2nd for Sheldon which was used as ammo to move up in the draft, which turned into Darnold.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Sheldon Richardson for Sam Darnold and Jermaine Kearse.  That is a steal.

WeeVapidCur-max-1mb.gif

I still think we could have done better than a 3rd but i will take it. We were all hoping a QB would go down and move him for a first round pick. I think this move was kind of rushed but I have a feeling it was rushed because the jets are setting up to make a big offer for Mack. 

Correction 

Jets trade Teddy AND 6 ROUND pick 2019

for

Saints 3 round pick 2019

I'm even less excited about this

All we did was move up three rounds and probably more like a 2 and half rounds with jets finishing lower than the saints. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Correction 

for

Saints 3 round pick 2019

All we did was move up three rounds and probably more like a 2 and half rounds with jets finishing lower than the saints. 

Or you could say it was Bridgewater for 4th round pick deal before Jets improved the draft spot by giving up 6th round pick. Very good deal.

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Correction 

for

Saints 3 round pick 2019

We essentially purchased a 3rd round pick for 500k and a 6th.

That’s a solid trade. I guess it boils down to expectations. I was expecting a 3rd or a 4th. Jimmy G went for a 2nd. Tyrod went for a high 3rd. Teddy’s value coming off his injury is not higher than those two players. 

Some people can't ever just be happy.  We likely dodged a 90M dollar bullet with Cousins and possibly ended up with a better, younger cheaper option.  We then proceed to take a flyer on a injured QB who played well enough in PS to land us a day 2 pick.  We paid like 1M to move from our 6th to the Saints 3rd.

Sure in a perfect world a QB goes down and we get a 1st but we got a good pick.  Arguing anything other than solid move is just asinine.  

I was so anti-Mack because I didn't want to give up a 1st plus more to land him.  At this point I'd throw out our 1st and our 3rd and see if they bite.

Archived