Bengals release S George Iloka

RaidersAreOne

I'm shocked, but I think this is a prelude to another move.  A few things could materialize:

1.  The Geno and Dunlap deals get done.  ould have both been done earlier, but this is the money we need to make it happen.

2.  A backup QB or OT move is on the horizon, and it's one that needs some extra cash to make happen.  

3.  What ever happened with the Eric reid thing?  Did they settle?  If it is still lingering out there, maybe they reached a settlement that included a contract for Reid.

Obviously I'm just spit-balling

3 hours ago, El ramster said:

Bengals just jumping ahead on that tank nation tank. They know that with Dalton on board they ain’t winning a thing. I really do wonder why teams like the Bengals just don’t outright have a fire sell. Sell AJ, Sell Geno, Sell Carlos and sell Carl Lawson to the rams immediately for a 5th on the low ?.. But seriously they could get what 2-3 first rounders for a Geno-Green deal. 

Like why wait in purgatory and waste more prime years? I just don’t get it fam. Start fresh with a new GM and coach and  a ton of picks. 

Comments like this are an example of why we need a dislkie button.  Maybe you would like to handpick players off our rosetr, for free, while you're at it.  Why waste those preciuos fifth rounders

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Comments like this are an example of why we need a dislkie button.  Maybe you would like to handpick players off our rosetr, for free, while you're at it.  Why waste those preciuos fifth rounders

Reading el ramsters posts is the internet forum equivalent of huffing glue....but not as fun.

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's out of left field. Then again, if management is thinking about just the dollar line...

Isn't that their MO?

Yup, which is something that I would imagine would not lend itself to retaining a large fan base as a result...

7 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

How was what I said not ok with you? Your team sucks are you going to enjoy another 6-10 season? I did say down low as a joke Carl Lawsson is a monster. But with Sandy Dalton as your QB you’re a lock for a terrible season or worse a 1 and done. But hey I guess we all love watching a good train wreck. 

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Reading el ramsters posts is the internet forum equivalent of huffing glue....but not as fun.

And reading your post reminds me of a anger management person in anger management class whose made zero progress! Despite being a constant attendee for 15 years.

10 hours ago, El ramster said:

Bengals just jumping ahead on that tank nation tank. They know that with Dalton on board they ain’t winning a thing. I really do wonder why teams like the Bengals just don’t outright have a fire sell. Sell AJ, Sell Geno, Sell Carlos and sell Carl Lawson to the rams immediately for a 5th on the low ?.. But seriously they could get what 2-3 first rounders for a Geno-Green deal. 

Like why wait in purgatory and waste more prime years? I just don’t get it fam. Start fresh with a new GM and coach and  a ton of picks. 

So in your opinion. A team who are only 2 or 3 years removed making the playoffs 5 consecutive years in a row - while playing in a tough division - should trade away two clear cut top-10 players at their respective positions in order to get better by using those draft picks on a QB who would then have no supporting cast around them? One on each side of the ball at that.

Someone please post a facepalm emoji for me.

11 hours ago, El ramster said:

So in your opinion. A team who are only 2 or 3 years removed making the playoffs 5 consecutive years in a row - while playing in a tough division - should trade away two clear cut top-10 players at their respective positions in order to get better by using those draft picks on a QB who would then have no supporting cast around them? One on each side of the ball at that.

I'll write this take off as....*It works in Madden though..*

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'll write this take off as....*It works in Madden though..*

This is some OKC thunder mindset. But I guess bro! You enjoy watching your bungels fight with passion and grit! And hope you win 10 games to lose to pats or Texans. Then rinse and repeat for 2-4 more years. And Aj Green retires. But wait he’ll retire a bengal and you could yell out his name in God’s glory! Because they stuck and fought! Don’t forget that patent Marv Lewis extension for the kicker. 

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

This is some OKC thunder mindset. But I guess bro! You enjoy watching your bungels fight with passion and grit! And hope you win 10 games to lose to pats or Texans. Then rinse and repeat for 2-4 more years. And Aj Green retires. But wait he’ll retire a bengal and you could yell out his name in God’s glory! Because they stuck and fought! Don’t forget that patent Marv Lewis extension for the kicker. 

Just an FYI. Comparing the impact that one single NBA player could have on their teams vs the NFL is not the smartest route to go. 

Edit: And this coming from a Magic fan.

Archived