Bengals release S George Iloka

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Can he cover? If so, Packers plz

For a SS, I think he's fine in coverage.  Just don't expect him to be a deep coverage safety or have a lot of range.  I think if you match him up one on one with a TE or RB he'll do Ok, but he's more of an in the box safety.  He also racks up a lot of personal foul penalties.  Him and Burfict I expected to get flagged plenty with the new helmet rule.

He also doesn't create a lot of turnovers.  In about 1,000 defensive snaps last season, he had 1 INT and 0 FFs.

I think PFF had him rated as the 43rd best Safety in the NFL, which is about right.  I think he's a top 50 safety, which isn't bad.  I don't think the team that adds him will regret it, but you're not getting an elite safety either...

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Don't yall already have Karl Joseph?

Yes, but he hasn't done much at this level other than hit hard on occasion. He has simply under performed but almost every defensive player we had under KNJ and JDR has. KJo to FS would be nice as he has the speed and ball skills needed, but just too small to match up vs big TEs while at SS.

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Could be nothing. Could be something.

I hope it is something! Slide Karl to FS where it seems he would flourish better. While old man AARP Reggie is finally done. Obi is always injured and hasn’t shown much of anything when healthy. I would love this move.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Sandejo cut then?

we're discussing it in the Viking forum...

most don't see that as likely, unless he could be traded for a competent o-lineman. it doesn't hurt to have three starting safeties on board, as two of them will be paid on the cheap and Iloka might only want a one year contract.

Zimmer could toy with some defenses that feature three safeties and one less linebacker...

Archived